Old 03-15-2009, 04:46 AM
Metalmayhem Metalmayhem is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Google Voice

For those of you who were lucky enough to get a grandcentral number this is nothing new to you its just been renamed and apparently is going to roll out public soon.

Google Voice should be unveiled in the coming weeks. This gives you a number to which you can route all your phone calls. So people call Google Voice number which in turn rings your cell phone. Likewise, you can call out on Google Voice.

Thus, adding your Google Voice number to your pick 3, myfave5, friends circle etc. allows you to direct all your calls through this single number.

Thus - no more using minutes on your plan

I hope I get one as I have been waiting since forever to get my grandcentral number.

just need to get pick 3 added and im set.

here is an article.

Code

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10194446-2.html
https://www.google.com/voice
hope this hasn't been posted.. tried multiply search terms and nothing came up.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Metalmayhem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Google Voice

very interesting and i will have to take a look at this when they release it to the public to use.... hopefully they make the early editions working for vga too.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Mobile Model: TP

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,141 Posts

View TweetyBear's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TweetyBear's Photo Album Add TweetyBear's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i got gc number..2 of them :-D

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TweetyBear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2009, 02:08 AM
Metalmayhem Metalmayhem is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post

i got gc number..2 of them :-D
I'm jealous

give me one! j/k

Old 03-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Metalmayhem View Post

I'm jealous

give me one! j/k
hahaha she would give me one before you lmao
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Mobile Model: TP

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,141 Posts

View TweetyBear's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TweetyBear's Photo Album Add TweetyBear's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahaha she would give me one before you lmao
yup yup

The Following User Says Thank You to TweetyBear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2009, 09:22 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I finally got my gv number i so cited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Google Voice

“ Originally Posted by mzlady26 View Post

I finally got my gv number i so cited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're going to love it. I have a number for the whole family + an additional I need to attach to another number, lol

Definitely worth the cost...

Old 10-12-2009, 11:02 PM
mzlady26

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Google Voice

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

You're going to love it. I have a number for the whole family + an additional I need to attach to another number, lol

Definitely worth the cost...
This is true I just have to figure out a way to use my ringtones that I have assigned to everyone
Old 10-13-2009, 07:19 AM
Supporter

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Google Voice

“ Originally Posted by mzlady26 View Post

This is true I just have to figure out a way to use my ringtones that I have assigned to everyone
Explain what you're referring to, so I can assist. My ringtones on my phone will ring as normal for whomever calls. Their is a setting that have have it where when someone calls your Google Voice number it will show your Google Voice number calling you or you can show whomever is calling you. That is my choice the show me who's calling me. You can have it call screened if the contact is not in your Google contacts and screened if not. Many various settings. You need to play with and look through. Let me know if something specific, thanks and good luck.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Hero Yeah!!

View KJRain's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View KJRain's Photo Album Add KJRain's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

How good is Google voice, for those that have it?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Supporter

Re Google Voice

“ Originally Posted by KJRain View Post

How good is Google voice, for those that have it?
1st off it's FREE, so what's not to like
On the reals, you get a number for free, that you can give out to everybody and it's your's for life.
You can filter who gets to you and how you want it routed. I have business contacts routed to my cell phone and my work line. I have my personal contacts routed to just my cell phone. I can be talking on my work phone and get ready to leave the office, hit the asterisk button and it will transfer the call to my cell, so I can continue the process or conversation. I can make you think the line is disconnected if I really dislike you. I can check my messages by VM, email, text, website, and they provide a free transcription service. Not the best transcription, but how do I complain if it's free. I'm sure they will improve on it eventually. The list can keep going, but suggestion is put in to get one, and then play with it yourself, so you'll know if you enjoy it. I can;t see why someone wouldn't. Good Luck.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View hauntedchild's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hauntedchild's Photo Album Add hauntedchild's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I use it and like it. Like forty01 said, its free so you aint losiing anything to try it.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:22 PM
mzlady26

Re Re Re Re Google Voice

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

Explain what you're referring to, so I can assist. My ringtones on my phone will ring as normal for whomever calls. Their is a setting that have have it where when someone calls your Google Voice number it will show your Google Voice number calling you or you can show whomever is calling you. That is my choice the show me who's calling me. You can have it call screened if the contact is not in your Google contacts and screened if not. Many various settings. You need to play with and look through. Let me know if something specific, thanks and good luck.
I have a ring tone assigned to my sister and I know when she is calling me cause of the ringer. When my phone rings with the google voice number it is the default ringtone. I have specific ringers for specific people.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View los1223's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View los1223's Photo Album Add los1223's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i gotta say this is a sweet app. so sweet att n apple tried to reject its submission to the app store.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
google, voice