littledaisy littledaisy is offline   Thread Starter  
SPJ Addict :)
Mobile Model: DaPrettiestTouchPro
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,150 Times in 661 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View littledaisy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View littledaisy's Photo Album Add littledaisy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Help my laptop got a virus

ok guys i was chatting with a cousin of mine from Puerto Rico and in the middle of a conversation a link pops up saying "look at this picture, is that you"? so i opened it thinking she sent it to me..so i clicked on it a few times but nothing opened..all of a sudden i see a small window pop open on the bottom right corner of my screen saying something about my anti virus...which was nod32...so after i tried to open it my antivirus dissapeared... i mean completely gone..its not in my start menu or even on my desktop...so i asked her what the hell that link was for and she was totaly unaware of it....so thats when it hit me..CRAP! its a virus...so now i cant open my msn messenger or even send email to any hotmail account...

ok so i cant re-format my laptop cuz since it doesnt have the stock hard drive it has that option disabled .... and i dont have the os on a cd or anything...

so basically i need your help...i know im gonna lose some data cuz all i know how to back up are my pics my music and my documents...nothing else...lol...yeah im not very computer savvy....so yeah what do i do to format it with a new os...and get rid of the virus...any help will be greatlly appreciated... thanks guys

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 06:19 AM
EkLiPz3
Mobile Model: BB Bold 9700
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile
Mobile OS: BlackBerry

View eklipz3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View eklipz3's Photo Album Add eklipz3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Help my laptop got a virus

“ Originally Posted by littledaisy View Post

ok guys i was chatting with a cousin of mine from Puerto Rico and in the middle of a conversation a link pops up saying "look at this picture, is that you"? so i opened it thinking she sent it to me..so i clicked on it a few times but nothing opened..all of a sudden i see a small window pop open on the bottom right corner of my screen saying something about my anti virus...which was nod32...so after i tried to open it my antivirus dissapeared... i mean completely gone..its not in my start menu or even on my desktop...so i asked her what the hell that link was for and she was totaly unaware of it....so thats when it hit me..CRAP! its a virus...so now i cant open my msn messenger or even send email to any hotmail account...

ok so i cant re-format my laptop cuz since it doesnt have the stock hard drive it has that option disabled .... and i dont have the os on a cd or anything...

so basically i need your help...i know im gonna lose some data cuz all i know how to back up are my pics my music and my documents...nothing else...lol...yeah im not very computer savvy....so yeah what do i do to format it with a new os...and get rid of the virus...any help will be greatlly appreciated... thanks guys
Wut i would try to do since you cant reformat the drive is see if you can redownload nod and do a FULL virus scan to your comp.. if it finds them make sure you wipe it out and then try to reinstall the things your missing that arent working. Or hopfully the virus didnt mess up your system restores if you have that enabled goto Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.. and pick a date before the virus happen.. but still do a scan and see if you can wipe it out. I can't think of anything else rite now but maybe someone else has some more info they can give ya.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eklipz3 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 06:27 AM

View littledaisy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View littledaisy's Photo Album Add littledaisy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks so much..like i said i appreciate all the help i can get..and well i already re downloaded nod32 and im actually doing the system scan as we speak...but im a little nervous as to what nod32 can really do..i mean do you think it will really get rid of the virus??...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 06:34 AM
EkLiPz3
Mobile Model: BB Bold 9700
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile
Mobile OS: BlackBerry

View eklipz3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View eklipz3's Photo Album Add eklipz3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks so much..like i said i appreciate all the help i can get..and well i already re downloaded nod32 and im actually doing the system scan as we speak...but im a little nervous as to what nod32 can really do..i mean do you think it will really get rid of the virus??...
From what i heard nod is pretty good i personally use free avg and it does a good job of finding viruses, has a built in web page monitor, email monitor, and it automatically set its self up to scan files right after you download them in firefox. But im always cautious of everything i do on my comp anyway... i've became acustom of being aware wuts too good to be true and wuts not(been messing wit comps since i was 12). so my advice is if it looks suspicious 9/10 it is.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eklipz3 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 06:39 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

You can scan your pc for free in the link below:

<HTML Code

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/default.htm
or You can search for the file manually:

Ok, i know what you're talking about and it's not a virus, it's just ad-ware. It happened to me once somehow lol, and since i didn't have money to buy an antivirus i was forced to search for the freaking file in the Windows folder. If im not mistaken I found it either in the System or System32 folder. If you remember the name of the file you opened, look for it in those two folders. It will have a name that just doesn't sound right. Check it's modified date/created date, it'll say the date it was downloaded, once you're sure that's the file, just delete it.
Just in case, check your Programs folder to see if something else with a funky name was installed and delete the folder. Also go to install/uninstall and look for the same funky name and uninstall it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fanaticny For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 06:43 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

HI littledaisy VIRUS WHAT SORT AND HOW YOU GOT INFECTED TRU MSN AND YES NOD WIL REMOVED THE VIRUS YOU CAN USE MCAFEE ONLINE SCANNER AFTER THAT ALWAYS BE CARE full CHATTING MSN AND YAHOO ARE EASY HACKT BETWEEN CONNECTION

GRTZ WEES
MODERATOR@SPJ

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 06:44 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

try running this little app. its a life saver!

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...74&postcount=6

if not you will have to download a copy of vista or xp. pop it in the cd-drive and let it boot from cd and follow instructions on formatting and repartitioning.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Metalmayhem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 06:49 AM

thanks to all of you guys for your advice and for trying to help! right now im trying and doing everything i can to not make it worse... and WEESJE...it says it found like 5 Qhost Trojan....if all else fails i guess i will be forced to download and burn an OS and re format...but i really dont want to...

--------- New Post Merged on 22/3/2009 at 0739 --------

oh and weesje...it got infected because i clicked on a link that my cousin sent me on msn messenger....

Old 03-22-2009, 06:55 AM

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks to all of you guys for your advice and for trying to help! Right now im trying and doing everything i can to not make it worse... and weesje...it says it found like 5 qhost trojan....if all else fails i guess i will be forced to download and burn an os and re format...but i really dont want to...

--------- new post merged on 22/3/2009 at 0739 --------

oh and weesje...it got infected because i clicked on a link that my cousin sent me on msn messenger....
dont panic let nod32 do his work and its win32 host trojan you got nod wil removed this after its done use

Code

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Free-Virus-Removal-Tool-for-W32-Qhost-Trojan-Download-113273.html

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 06:57 AM

yeah it says its in WIN32....but i already did a system scan and im still getting a threat notification...it says it is in quarantine but what do i do..do i just leave it in quarantine or do i delete it?

Old 03-22-2009, 06:59 AM

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok i remember this virus scam way back in the day it seems it has came back, you family member is already infected and they indeed send you the link but without them knowing. so you shoulf make sure they ru na scan too!

check this article I just found on google typing the description of your post

Code

http://blog.saimatkong.com/index.php/2008/03/01/msn-messenger-spread-virus-by-url-link/

“ Quote ”

WARNING A NEW VIRUS WAS PUT INTO A LINK, AND AN AUTO POSTER WAS PUT INTO MSN DATABASE AND YOU WILL GET MESSAGES FROM YOUR FRIENDS AND THAN THEY WILL CRASH WITHOUT KNOWING THEY SENT IT!! THE LINK IS ahha is this you? http:// hi5-*****.us/view***.php?=your*******ere@hotmail.com

ABOUT 30 SECONDS AFTER RECIEVING THIS MESSAGE BITDEFENDER PICKS IT UP AND IF YOU CLICK IT YOU GET IT INSTANTLY EVEN WITHOUT INSTALLING THE FILE!! PLEASE BE WARNED AND LOG OUT THE MSN MESSENGER
people better watch out on msn now.

theres one resolution; once you have run multiply tests and come out clean do system restore under start,all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore and restore your computer to and earlier data. I would suggest going pretty far back like a week or so.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:59 AM

yeah it says its in WIN32....but i already did a system scan and im still getting a threat notification...it says it is in quarantine but what do i do..do i just leave it in quarantine or do i delete it?
wel in quarantine it can not work anymore so your good try that removal tool link i posted to see if he still finds it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 07:00 AM

ok i remember this virus scam way back in the day it seems it has came back, you family member is already infected and they indeed send you the link but without them knowing. so you shoulf make sure they ru na scan too!

Code

http://blog.saimatkong.com/index.php/2008/03/01/msn-messenger-spread-virus-by-url-link/

“ Quote ”

WARNING A NEW VIRUS WAS PUT INTO A LINK, AND AN AUTO POSTER WAS PUT INTO MSN DATABASE AND YOU WILL GET MESSAGES FROM YOUR FRIENDS AND THAN THEY WILL CRASH WITHOUT KNOWING THEY SENT IT!! THE LINK IS ahha is this you? http:// hi5-*****.us/view***.php?=your*******ere@hotmail.com

ABOUT 30 SECONDS AFTER RECIEVING THIS MESSAGE BITDEFENDER PICKS IT UP AND IF YOU CLICK IT YOU GET IT INSTANTLY EVEN WITHOUT INSTALLING THE FILE!! PLEASE BE WARNED AND LOG OUT THE MSN MESSENGER

theres one resolution; once you have run multiply tests and come out clean do system restore under start,all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore and restore your computer to and earlier data. I would suggest going pretty far back like a week or so.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metalmayhem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 07:02 AM

ok i remember this virus way back in the day it seems it has came back, your family member is already infected and they indeed sent you the link but without them knowing. so you should make sure they run a scan too!

Code

“ Quote ”

theres one resolution; once you have run multiply tests and come out clean do system restore under start,all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore and restore your computer to and earlier date. I would suggest going pretty far back like a week or so.

--------- New Post Merged on 22/3/2009 at 0828 --------

Just a thought and my 2 cents; make sure to wipe clean all your browser history cookie etc. and change passwords just in case.

use this

Code

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
--------- New Post Merged on 22/3/2009 at 0820 --------

Found more options for you buddy.

Get this app

Code

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/04/06/remove-any-msn-virus-with-msn-virus-removal-software-and-msnfix/
have a read here also

Code

http://daparky.com/how-to-remove-the-msn-messenger-virus/

Code

http://daparky.com/how-to-remove-msn-virus-removing-messenger-virus-part-2/

Old 03-22-2009, 07:21 AM

ok WEESJE im running the tool right now..it hasnt detected anything YET...and METALMAYHEM thank you so much for all the info..im reading some of the articles right now..

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 07:40 AM

ok weesje im running the tool right now..it hasnt detected anything yet...and metalmayhem thank you so much for all the info..im reading some of the articles right now..
oke good wel dont think he will find it nod removed it so just to be on the save side its scans for that trojan so your good i use avast pro that works whit msn good protect an dedected connection if is infected and it wil break it always be carefull these days never had any big virus bud i am good protected lol even had now and then a dos attack bud the can get tru lol if you need any help just pm me

grtz weesje
moderator@spj

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul

View dansoftcore's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dansoftcore's Photo Album Add dansoftcore's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

If you don't do windows updates go to the m$ website download the milicious software deff for march. After your done click start then run and type in mrt press run. From there run a slow scan and it will take awhile.

Hope this helps
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dansoftcore For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 08:18 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you guys are funny. keep in mind some virus in bed them self in parsonage. These virus types can not be fully deleted when windows is running. they may be detected but can not be deleted fully.To do so you need to run from a dos state.. With that said i give you unhackme.

unHackMe - First BootWatch AntiRootkit! Now it is the must have tool for you!
UnHackMe is specially designed to detect and remove Rootkits (a new generation of Trojan programs - invisible Trojans).

Your antivirus could not detect such programs because they use compression and encryption of its files. The sample software is Hacker Defender rootkit. UnHackMe allows you to detect and remove Rootkits.
UnHackMe tested for removal all modern rootkits: Rustock, Haxdoor, Hacktool, Elite Keylogger etc.

Supported Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista. Compatible with all known antiviral software.

What's new in version 5.00 (\:
1. Enforcing Security.
2. UnHackMe executable files and drivers are signed by digital sign approved by Micros0ft.
3. Compatibility. Resolved problem with crashing if a VISTA DEP is active for all applications.

CODE

Code

http://rapidshare.com/files/190684821/UnHackMe_5.00_Build_300_-_Final.rar
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 08:23 AM

so Kaos...you think this is the best way to go...cuz i would totaly reformat..but like i said thats not an option...i already tried all the links everybody posted on here and i keep getting a threat message in windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts...and there's a few others in other files...

Old 03-22-2009, 08:29 AM

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

so Kaos...you think this is the best way to go...cuz i would totaly reformat..but like i said thats not an option...i already tried all the links everybody posted on here and i keep getting a threat message in windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts...and there's a few others in other files...
yes daisy. this will run from dos state before any windows components become alive so to speak.i swear by unhackme . as it is installed on every system i own or build for a client.It takes a step back so to speak. looks at it. if it becomes any questions pm me.I will give you my number or my palringo im name.and sign on my phone to walk you through it.but it will work.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 08:48 AM

i installed it and i want to run it but nothing happens..it doesnt want to open... :/

Old 03-22-2009, 08:58 AM

i installed it and i want to run it but nothing happens..it doesnt want to open... :/
give it admin rights....open it up....hit check me now it will run fast...then hit check windows boot processes...it should ask for reboot...if not reboot..it should run before any os starts.
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 09:06 AM

it gives me an error message...i already gave it admin rights...any ideas? just fyi im running xp pro...

Old 03-22-2009, 09:08 AM

it gives me an error message...i already gave it admin rights...any ideas? just fyi im running xp pro...
hmmm strange it is compatible with xp.... try a older version here..

Code

http://rapidshare.com/files/186065334/Un-Hack-MEv4.8.4.290.rar
--------- New Post Merged on 22/3/2009 at 1028 --------

i see what you did wrong girl..... run the install exe...then take the other one and place it in the prgrams folder for it...overwrite..and its cracked..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 09:15 AM

same thing...it doesnt run it...this is what i do..i run the exe file and go through the setup wizard..when i double click on the desktop icon my screen just sortta blinks but nothing opens up...tried changing the compatability and ran as admin and nothing....

The Following User Says Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 09:20 AM

same thing...it doesnt run it...this is what i do..i run the exe file and go through the setup wizard..when i double click on the desktop icon my screen just sortta blinks but nothing opens up...tried changing the compatability and ran as admin and nothing....
you need to crack it.... there is 2 exe's in the version 5 file....one looks like a icon for the program...the other is like a cd disc kinda...run that..its the actual installer...then take the icon like exe...go to program files...look for unhackme...open up folder drop that exe in there over writing the original one.done..then click from desktop icon...just tested and worked on mine....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 09:41 AM

ok this time it actually opened and i clicked on where it says check me now..but after i click on that..nothing again...all i get is a dum readme pad saying Start checking at 3/22/2009 time34:22 AM UnHackMe Engine Version:5.0...im sorry for the bother...it might be the virus that doesnt let it run...

Old 03-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

my computer got virus had to go to geek squad, it started running slow, then wouldnt connect to internet..not comcast issue either..my virus scan just before that said i had like 520 critical threats and like 15 virus files..in the system32 thing...not good...completely wiped hard drive and fresh install...was using kaspersky now using the avg i think got it from here.....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 09:44 AM

Kaos this is the error it gives me Date:3/22/2009 Time33:16 AM
C:\WINDOWS\Partizan.LOG log files doesn't exist.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul

View dansoftcore's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dansoftcore's Photo Album Add dansoftcore's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

What is the name of the virus? Sorry if it was already mentioned I'm just at work and I don't actually have the time to read the whole thread xD
The Following User Says Thank You to dansoftcore For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 04:09 PM

Kaos this is the error it gives me Date:3/22/2009 Time33:16 AM
C:\WINDOWS\Partizan.LOG log files doesn't exist.
not a good thing... seems virus isnt letting it install... you could burn a hiren disc and try that from dos. but most likely i hate to say it but you may wanna do a clean install...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 05:12 AM

“ Originally Posted by dansoftcore View Post

What is the name of the virus? Sorry if it was already mentioned I'm just at work and I don't actually have the time to read the whole thread xD
qhoste trojan is what i got...but now this is what happend guys...i used nod32 to try to delete it and it didnt work...then i used the trojan cleaner that weesje provided but it didnt want to run...and finally i used the program that kaos sent me called unhackme...and that erased the trojan but it took a bunch of files with it..now my laptop cant connect to the internet in any way..i even try to create a new network connection and it wont let me..it says that im missing a windows file...whatever...so now my only option is installing a new os ....which i cant download cuz my stupid laptop doesnt connect...booso yeah i probably wont be on here much till i can fix this... im using my touch pro right now..thank god but anywho thanks to everybody who helped...u guys r the best..

Old 03-23-2009, 07:51 AM
Mobile Model: sprint mogul

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

really sorry i didn't see this thread sooner.... i dunno why everyone has said nod32.. ive tested on multiple computers and it doesn't do sht for me. so far the best tool i have found for removing virus's is malwarebytes

Code

http://www.malwarebytes.org/
one key factor not anyone has even mentioned in the virus removing process has yet to be said. kaos sort of hit on it but...

anyways

TURN OFF SYSTEM RESTORE

daisy your best bet to removing the virus would have been to dl malwarebytes

once you download and install

REBOOT INTO SAFE MODE

once in safemode disable system restore

run malwarebytes

will find infections

proceede with REMOVING

do not quarantine anything but remove everything

it should take and ask for a reboot to removing some virus's

malwarebytes does whats called a bootup delete which basically deletes the virus before the os launches so that you do not get it back period.

now as for your current state:

this really is a hard thing because of lack of internet connection. do you have another computer you can use to access the internet? if not you might have to do a system restore which is no biggie.

to do a system restore it depends on your laptop brand. i do not know it but easiest way to find out is on bootup before the os loads pound on either f1, f2, f10, f11, f12. and like lets say its an hp then i believe there f12 and you load up hp system resore. then you will restore to a previous date. or you can boot into safe mode. easiest way to do that is to go into msconfig then boot. once on boot tab click on safe mode then click ok and restart. then before it goes into safemode you will get a message witha yes or no option. click yes and that will take you into system restore. take it backa few days then continue. this may fix it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeyxiv For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch by HTC

View anomoly's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View anomoly's Photo Album Add anomoly's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you need to back up critical files and then dl the corporate windup floating around burn to disc, reformat and install... you can use antiviruses and manually hunt down viruses but many times they attatch to critical files and/or use rootkits so you can't see them....

once they are on the system they will open your system up to other viruses... the only way to know that you have gotten rid of it is to start fresh... and i would also check out DeepFreeze for when you do reinstall windows.. .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anomoly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2009, 05:54 AM

thanks to all of you for your help...im in the process of fixing my damn craptop..lol...but im having trouble reformating the damn thing..i tried installing an xp recovery disc that my brother had well im not sure if it was a recovery disc but it came with his laptop...anywho..i havent successfully installed it yet cuz it keeps acting up and rebooting on its own...if anybody knows of a way that i can completely put a new os or something please let me know...im not at all computer savvy so i really need the help...theres no way of installing any type of anti virus or anything because as i said before im missing some files that i need to be able to connect to the internet...but thanks to everyone for the suggestions..

Old 03-28-2009, 06:44 AM

thanks to all of you for your help...im in the process of fixing my damn craptop..lol...but im having trouble reformating the damn thing..i tried installing an xp recovery disc that my brother had well im not sure if it was a recovery disc but it came with his laptop...anywho..i havent successfully installed it yet cuz it keeps acting up and rebooting on its own...if anybody knows of a way that i can completely put a new os or something please let me know...im not at all computer savvy so i really need the help...theres no way of installing any type of anti virus or anything because as i said before im missing some files that i need to be able to connect to the internet...but thanks to everyone for the suggestions..
Don't use your brothers recovery disk, they are device specific! Unless its the same exact model, otherwise it wont work.

You need to download a bootable copy of vista.
then burn the image with imgburn on lowest speed. Hope you have another computer to do this.

after just pop in the disk on your laptop and let it boot from the disk. delete partition, and reformat hard drive to install fresh os.

The Following User Says Thank You to Metalmayhem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2009, 06:53 AM

lol thanks for the heads up..we both have the same make but not model...and well i did have a backup laptop but i lend it to my brother whos away in college...but i can go over to my parents house to do whatever is necessary..for the moment i use my TP to get on here lol..and well like i said..it would be very helpfull if you all can lay it out for me in the easiest way possible..oh and another thing i was running xp not vista...so id like to stick with xp..if theres any other help you can give me it would mean the world!... thnks!

Old 03-28-2009, 07:04 AM

ok simple just download and burn this

Code

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4535425/Windows_XP_Professional_SP3_-_Activated
with imgburn

Code

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
Boot from disk.
and follow on screen directions.
no need for serial or anything.

I'll try to look for a tutorial for you

Old 03-28-2009, 07:09 AM

awesome thanks! i'll get on this as soon as i can! also what type of cd do i need?

Old 03-28-2009, 07:27 AM

awesome thanks! i'll get on this as soon as i can! also what type of cd do i need?
just a regular cd will do no need for a dvd as the image is smaller than 700mb

Old 03-28-2009, 07:29 AM

great thanks for all the help!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:21 PM

[UPDATE] ok guys it looks like im back for good now...i finally got a new laptop and the old one is being restored...so this is what happend with the hp that i bought from my cousin...i ended up not liking the whole touchscreen thing..it seemed a little weird for a LAPTOP..so he traded it for an acer aspire 5735z...its a nice little machine..gets the job done ..anywho right now im just looking around trying to find the best antivirus i can find...wouldnt want to go through another ordeal...so yeah thats my update..glad to be back (not that i was ever gone) but this time for good and bigger and badder than ever lol... see you all around!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:29 PM

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

my personal favorite for antivirus is kaspersky. but weesje recommended me to avast which we have on here with a lifetime subscription. but i haven't tested it. until i actually test out avast ima stick to saying kav ^_^
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyxiv For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola Rizr Z3
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile

View Evolancer13's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Evolancer13's Photo Album Add Evolancer13's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have nod32 also, but i've never had a problem with it on my laptop, i use to use norton but it slowed everything down..
Nod FTW!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evolancer13 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Vogue , Mogul

View 1LOMOFO's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1LOMOFO's Photo Album Add 1LOMOFO's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lol i have the same acer, i'm using avast and no problems as of yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to 1LOMOFO For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2009, 10:41 PM

thanks guys for all the help! im really gonna take into consideration all your recommended AV's im gonna look into all of them see which one suits my needs oh and umm
1LOMOFO ..dont u just love the widescreen on this little thing ...it looks great

Old 04-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Vogue , Mogul

View 1LOMOFO's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1LOMOFO's Photo Album Add 1LOMOFO's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

took a lil while to get use to after stairing at a desktop for so long but i love it.

The Following User Says Thank You to 1LOMOFO For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2009, 11:59 PM

thanks guys for all the help! im really gonna take into consideration all your recommended AV's im gonna look into all of them see which one suits my needs oh and umm
1LOMOFO ..dont u just love the widescreen on this little thing ...it looks great
heheh ive got a 8ft hdmi cable that i run from my 50" vizio tv to my couch and i chillax on the couch and use my tv as my monitor... its sweet as fek.

anyways i actualy did try nod32... it was actually on my mothers comp i tried it on well i ended having to go in and clean out 32 trojans... was such a pain.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyxiv For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ive tried em all, and webroot is the best. It finds EVERYTHING. A lil slow, but finds things all other AVs miss.

The Following User Says Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2009, 12:35 AM

any of these AV's 64-bit compatible?...i gave the 64-bit nod32 a try but for some reason it wont install properly...so i figured id try a different one since nod32 was the one i had on my previous laptop that GOT INFECTED lol...

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
laptop, virus