Old 03-22-2009, 10:57 PM
V I P V I P is offline   Thread Starter  
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
A little help

Hey guys,

My girlfriend has the Dash for T mobile. It has been really buggy for awhile and so today I called tech support for her and got them to swap it out for her. Anyway she doesn't want that phone and wants to sell it on ebay and get another phone. She found this phone on ebay and wants to get this one instead. It is manufactured in Asia....and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I have never had a phone from overseas and told her if something happens to it Tmobile isn't going to help her out at all. Here is the link, please check it out and let me know what you think. Overall, it looks pretty cool.

Code

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elegant-Silver-Touch-Screen-Cell-Phone-AT-T-T-mobile_W0QQitemZ200320201531QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCell_Phones?hash=item200320201531&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1199|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1309|301:0|293:1|294:50#ebayphotohosting
Old 03-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: A little help

“ Originally Posted by V I P View Post

Hey guys,

My girlfriend has the Dash for T mobile. It has been really buggy for awhile and so today I called tech support for her and got them to swap it out for her. Anyway she doesn't want that phone and wants to sell it on ebay and get another phone. She found this phone on ebay and wants to get this one instead. It is manufactured in Asia....and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I have never had a phone from overseas and told her if something happens to it Tmobile isn't going to help her out at all. Here is the link, please check it out and let me know what you think. Overall, it looks pretty cool.

Code

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elegant-Silver-Touch-Screen-Cell-Phone-AT-T-T-mobile_W0QQitemZ200320201531QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCell_Phones?hash=item200320201531&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1199|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1309|301:0|293:1|294:50#ebayphotohosting
i wouldnt pay 10 bucks for that phone..... it looks good inthe photos but it is going to be built like crap nad be broken all the time after the fist month or so if not sooner.... i would tell her to stick with a t-mobile phone or a unlocked one from at%t or somewhere in the USA
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ahm, I'm with D/\SH on this one. The e-bay page even has A LOT of information that is "buyer beware." :
BUYER BEWARE:
The following list is probably what you will encounter if you purchase your phone from a Seller based in China instead of the United States.

1) You will not be told how to setup INTERNET and MMS. Your phone carrier will not be able to set it up for you either. You will end up searching for hours on the internet for how to do it. We include instructions on our cd for setup of both internet and MMS.

2) You will get no real customer support. Once you buy a phone from there, you have a very hard time getting any technical support as well as answers to any questions you may have. Chances are you will not be able to reach someone who speaks English.

3) If your phone is defective or needs to be replaced, you will have to pay close to $40 to ship it back to China through EMS and you will be charged with an import duty even on defective items!

4) The phone will most likely take 10-15 working days just to arrive to you! Our shipping usually takes only 2-3 days.

That is all from the same e-bay page. There are also several other warnings all over the page besides these....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lordhelmet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 02:38 AM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Maybe I am a little cautious, maybe too cautious when dealing with ebay. I find it interesting that the feedback on the seller is all done within minutes of each other, same item. Don't know about your buying experience, but something always happens in shipping, how do you get stuff there all at the same time? Also, do you normally leave feedback as soon as you get something? With electronics, you wait a day or two to see if the thing is still going to work. Of the folks that left feedback, they did it on the same day. Thought that was odd, so I looked at those people's feedback, something hinky there. Of all the people on ebay, what are the odds that they buy from the same people within the same week?

Okay, maybe I have way too much time to look at this stuff, I might be wrong. I'd go ahead and tell her to bite the bullet and pay for a phone from a brick and mortar, or hit someone up on the forum for one that they have. Just my two cents.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 03:30 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i would very cautious about buying that phone, if she wants to stay with tmobile i am sure they have good deals with phones for something similar or if she can change providers she could get a good deal and at she would have support and know that the phone is not a scam.......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply