Old 03-29-2009, 12:47 AM
meansixx meansixx is offline   Thread Starter  
SPJ Junkie
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View meansixx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View meansixx's Photo Album Add meansixx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
How many Touch Pros have you been through

Got bored and just wanted to see how many ppl had problems with their Pros and how many they have been through...

1. first one was fine and worked perfectly until i got a chip on it and they didnt want to replace it due to defect issue. so i claimed it stolen a week later to get a new one.

2. got my second one the next day overnight and went throuh unlocking, flashing and setting it up all over again. until the keyboard went out less than a week, so i take it in and get a whole brand new one again cause it was a hardware issue so they couldnt fix it.

3. got my third one and did the whole mess again unlocking, flashing ect...3 days later i see the obvious, the rainbow in the screen....damm. here we go again. so i went today and they are gonna mail me another, lol. wow lets see what happens....going on my 4th.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to meansixx For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 01:12 AM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: How many Touch Pros have you been through

“ Originally Posted by meansixx View Post

Got bored and just wanted to see how many ppl had problems with their Pros and how many they have been through...

1. first one was fine and worked perfectly until i got a chip on it and they didnt want to replace it due to defect issue. so i claimed it stolen a week later to get a new one.

2. got my second one the next day overnight and went throuh unlocking, flashing and setting it up all over again. until the keyboard went out less than a week, so i take it in and get a whole brand new one again cause it was a hardware issue so they couldnt fix it.

3. got my third one and did the whole mess again unlocking, flashing ect...3 days later i see the obvious, the rainbow in the screen....damm. here we go again. so i went today and they are gonna mail me another, lol. wow lets see what happens....going on my 4th.
i had an issue with data when i got my diamond and i couldnt get it back workin,,,,,i ordered a replacement and i was about to send it back when i finally got it...(I was messing with some ##codes and got it to work when sprint couldnt figure it out).....so technically its still my first.......thank god cause the replacement's power button was uneven and one side was stuck.....no other issues so far wit my diamond.....i love this thing.....who needs a keyboard anyway...lol take advantage of a touch screen ppl.!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 01:17 AM
SPJ Junkie

View meansixx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View meansixx's Photo Album Add meansixx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post

i had an issue with data when i got my diamond and i couldnt get it back workin,,,,,i ordered a replacement and i was about to send it back when i finally got it...(I was messing with some ##codes and got it to work when sprint couldnt figure it out).....so technically its still my first.......thank god cause the replacement's power button was uneven and one side was stuck.....no other issues so far wit my diamond.....i love this thing.....who needs a keyboard anyway...lol take advantage of a touch screen ppl.!!!
lol, i love my keyboard. actually this is gonna be my 5th one. i forgot when i got my first one i couldnt get the picturemail to work. the screen would come on and light up but there was no picturemail there so they said it was a software issue. so they took it back and see if they could fix it, but they came out and said the screen was broke? how did that happen? there was nothing wrong with the screen, lol. so they gave me a new one right there. they probly dropped it, lol

The Following User Says Thank You to meansixx For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 02:05 AM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i upgraded from my MOGUL 6800 to the TOUCH PRO 6850 FREE by telling them the keyboard when out and screen was losing sensitivity.. they sent me a refurb MOGUL overnight, called back hours after unlocking and flashing and told them the screen was non responsive.. got my 1st NEW IN BOX TOUCH PRO 3days later.. a month after playing with my TP the keyboard went out.. went to sprint and after arguing with the SPRINT IN STORE MANAGER (h8r vato) i called sprint and they sent me my 2ND NEW IN BOX TOUCH PRO..

SO I WENT: MOGUL/reFurb MOGUL/NEW TP/NEW TP all for FREE !

special thanks to BROSKI n TAYLORSPJ for pumping me up to do it in the 1st place.. i love you guyS (HUG)
also thanks to everyone at SMARTPHONEJUNKIE mainly staff without this family id be downloading ringtones to a flipphone
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 02:24 AM
Mobile Model: sprint mogul

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

meansixx if i recall the touch pro has issues with the keyboards going out with custom roms. which is software not hardware
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to monkeyxiv For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 02:32 AM
SPJ Junkie

“ Originally Posted by monkeyxiv View Post

meansixx if i recall the touch pro has issues with the keyboards going out with custom roms. which is software not hardware
probley so, but ive been running custom roms with all pros and only had that one issue with the keyboard. owell i got it replaced...lol. i was reading about that too. had to get it replaced, it was like having a fat diamond...lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meansixx For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 03:02 AM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well, I am still on my first one and have had no issues (knock on wood), and I've used six different ROMs. However, I do have the chips and scratches all around my chrome. So I've been thinking about taking it in, but I'm afraid if I do, and actually get a new one, that I'll get one with problems....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lordhelmet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 03:10 AM
Nickel Nickel NINE

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yes you are mistaken....superman and nine both had hardware issues and flashin different roms and goin back to stock did not resolve the issue.....flashin to stock will always be the deal breaker to determine the issue....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 03:24 AM

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yes you are mistaken....superman and nine both had hardware issues and flashin different roms and goin back to stock did not resolve the issue.....flashin to stock will always be the deal breaker to determine the issue....
that may be true but tweety told me that one of mightys rom had major issues with keyboard not working which is where i got it from.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:28 AM
Nickel Nickel NINE

that may be true but tweety told me that one of mightys rom had major issues with keyboard not working which is where i got it from.
i was just sayin in general the hardware issue does not come from roms only....of course a rom can cause issues....but that doesnt mean its only from custom roms.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 10:35 AM

i was just sayin in general the hardware issue does not come from roms only....of course a rom can cause issues....but that doesnt mean its only from custom roms.
oh i know but at the same time if you read he never did say he flashed standard rom again to make sure it was hardware and not software
Old 03-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

not true at all many people have had troubles on stock ones with the keyboard before they have ever flashed and also doesnt gert fixed when flashing back to stock.

agreed

yeah thats a software and a known problem but is fixed when you flash back to a different rom... these people have switched back and still not working meaning hardware not software.....

and im still on my first original one from before the pro was released and still flawless
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Mobile Model: TP

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,141 Posts

View TweetyBear's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TweetyBear's Photo Album Add TweetyBear's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

on second one cuz first had major battery issues. waiting on thrid one per dash

The Following User Says Thank You to TweetyBear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 01:24 PM
SPJ Junkie

when my keyboard stopped working i started to flash other roms to see if that would fix it cause i figured it was the rom. so finally i flashed stock rom and radio and it still didnt work so i relocked it and took it back and thats when i get this one with the rainbow. should get the new one in the mail in a couple of days.

The Following User Says Thank You to meansixx For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCH PRO
Mobile Carrier: alltel

View HTCrokR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View HTCrokR's Photo Album Add HTCrokR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

im still on my first pro but recently got a large square rainbow in the middle of screen, what up with that,it wont go away, what could have caused this. and has anyone else had this problem and returned?

Old 03-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro

View juanlopez1979's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View juanlopez1979's Photo Album Add juanlopez1979's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

had only one so far (htc pro) working great so far....not yet flashed (stock rom)....still trying to get the hang of it....i guess
Old 03-30-2009, 02:26 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I"m on my second one. First one the keyboard got really loose and the home button started to rise little by little to the point that it looked defective and major heating issues.

Second one is running like a champ.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:27 PM
SPJ Junkie

well off to sprint to take this pro in once again, keyboard went out. lights up but no words when i type. im really getting tired of this. its gotta be something with the customs roms. im fixing to give up on this and go with the pre. i seriously dont know right now. lets see what they say....to be continued...lol

Old 07-23-2009, 07:44 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i been through 4 technically.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:08 PM
SPJ Junkie

well what do u know, i get the phone stocked and relocked and go to sprint and it was messing up until they called me to the desk. he looks at the phone and it works flawlessly! the screen was black but still on and flickered when i turned it on and the keyboard didnt work. when he got it, it worked fine and still is. hmmmmmm, i really dont know what is going on, lol

Old 07-23-2009, 08:25 PM
InsomniAddict
Mobile Model: MogulTouchProTouchHD

Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,397 Posts

View scott8813's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View scott8813's Photo Album Add scott8813's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I've been through four and am about to get my fifth. Bastards keep sending me refurbished pieces of sh** that are already broken when they send them to me. I'm about to use my "ten year customer" card on their asses again and get a crapload of free stuff. Damn I hate reflashing to stock.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Great thread guys and ive been through 2 them stinking keyboards must get messed up when flashing to a new rom what u think guys ?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:29 PM
SPJ Junkie

“ Originally Posted by scott8813 View Post

I've been through four and am about to get my fifth. Bastards keep sending me refurbished pieces of sh** that are already broken when they send them to me. I'm about to use my "ten year customer" card on their asses again and get a crapload of free stuff. Damn I hate reflashing to stock.
i know what u mean! i hate that the most, now im reflashin this back all over again.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:44 PM

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have only been thru one, still on my first since march..knock on wood...
The Following User Says Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2009, 08:49 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by tlpalmer01 View Post

i have only been thru one, still on my first since march..knock on wood...
you just cursed yourself watch hahahahaha fingers crossed that you didnt
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2009, 08:57 PM

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i know thats what i was afraid of but i knocked on wood so hopefully that helped..should have threw salt over my shoulder too....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2009, 08:59 PM

“ Originally Posted by tlpalmer01 View Post

i know thats what i was afraid of but i knocked on wood so hopefully that helped..should have threw salt over my shoulder too....
hahaha hopefully it doesnt get in kitties eyes since hair isnt blocking since straight up hahahaha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2009, 09:00 PM

hahahaha...very true....
Old 09-20-2009, 04:16 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 5.0

View TarasWind's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TarasWind's Photo Album Add TarasWind's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by meansixx View Post

when my keyboard stopped working i started to flash other roms to see if that would fix it cause i figured it was the rom. so finally i flashed stock rom and radio and it still didnt work so i relocked it and took it back and thats when i get this one with the rainbow. should get the new one in the mail in a couple of days.

ok Im on my FOURTH touchpro with Sprint. 2 phones back the keyboard was not working, hard to txt without the letter A. I brought it to one of their tech centers and they changed the keyboard which lasted for a few days til it went out also.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:23 PM

“ Originally Posted by TarasWind View Post

ok Im on my FOURTH touchpro with Sprint. 2 phones back the keyboard was not working, hard to txt without the letter A. I brought it to one of their tech centers and they changed the keyboard which lasted for a few days til it went out also.

hahahha i gave my buddy my old touch pro and i wore the **** out of the keyboards all the time lmao, i was just too lazy to go into the store and deal with getting it fixed so i just found the way to make them work by where you press on the keys lmao
Old 09-20-2009, 12:43 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i had three myself

first was my Mogul replacement through TEP (thanx for the tip LOL) i sold it cuz i got bored with it and i needed the money at that time

second one was the demon touch pro that was already activated with another line, after i got passed that the internet did not work, after i fixed that, the keyboard died F#@^CK!!! I sold it to my buddy for 100 bucks and he says he has a chubby diamond now

the third one was my plaything while i sell it for my buddy (another one) i sold it two days ago

....I always go back to the Vogue (this will be my fourth one) fast, small, stable as hell, smooth, and android

Old 09-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

im on my 4th........hahaha

Old 09-20-2009, 01:55 PM

View crookdbill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crookdbill's Photo Album Add crookdbill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

On number six. My wife still has the pro...I went to the 2. Chrome issue, keyboard issues, the last one had the d pad mis aligned so you could see the circuit board betwen the gap.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
pros, touch