Notices

Problem with dell

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-30-2009, 12:03 AM
06civicsi

Downloads:
Uploads:

View 06civicsi's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 06civicsi's Photo Album Add 06civicsi's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Problem with dell

Hey everyone,
I ordered a dell a little over a month ago. It was going to cost around 2500. They were going to charge me over a period of 3 days because my limit on my debit card is 1000 per day. This did not work too well. They made the first charge of 750 and then about a week later made another charge of 750... A week later after the second charge they called me saying my third payment did not go through. So i called the bank and everything was good. The next day dell refunded one of the 750 charges
So i was becoming angry that they were fooling around with my account like that.
I canceled the order over the phone and i thought everything was over. The money returned back to my account.
I just got an email yesterday saying my shipping date was rescheduled.
So i reply to it saying to cancel!
Today it was shipped fedex to my house!

What do i need to do? I dont think it should be my problem to worry with shipping it back to dell. I have tried to cancel twice!

Sorry the story was so long. I tried to make it as short as possible.
Thanks for and advice in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Problem with dell

“ Originally Posted by 06civicsi View Post

Hey everyone,
I ordered a dell a little over a month ago. It was going to cost around 2500. They were going to charge me over a period of 3 days because my limit on my debit card is 1000 per day. This did not work too well. They made the first charge of 750 and then about a week later made another charge of 750... A week later after the second charge they called me saying my third payment did not go through. So i called the bank and everything was good. The next day dell refunded one of the 750 charges
So i was becoming angry that they were fooling around with my account like that.
I canceled the order over the phone and i thought everything was over. The money returned back to my account.
I just got an email yesterday saying my shipping date was rescheduled.
So i reply to it saying to cancel!
Today it was shipped fedex to my house!

What do i need to do? I dont think it should be my problem to worry with shipping it back to dell. I have tried to cancel twice!

Sorry the story was so long. I tried to make it as short as possible.
Thanks for and advice in advance!
dont open the box, and send it back to them. make sure you get a signature confirmation on the package.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 01:59 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

You said the money was returned to your account. Did they ever take it back out?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Superman369 View Post

You said the money was returned to your account. Did they ever take it back out?
thats what im saying!!! you might have got yourself a 2500 pc for free
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 02:06 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

thats what im saying!!! you might have got yourself a 2500 pc for free
Hahaha, holla at your white boy!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 02:15 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Superman369 View Post

Hahaha, holla at your white boy!!!
hahahahha trying to sound like jew and broski huh ? lmao
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 03:07 AM
Worlds BEST site spj.com
Mobile Model: Vogue WinMo 6.5
Mobile Carrier: Sprint WinMo 6.5
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,070 Times in 269 Posts

View thermus's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thermus's Photo Album Add thermus's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah if they have not taken it back out yet, cancel the card and get a new one FREE PC!!!!!!!!!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thermus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 06:15 AM
Mobile Model: TP
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,141 Posts

View TweetyBear's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TweetyBear's Photo Album Add TweetyBear's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hahahaha look at all the responses here..and not a moral one lmao jk..that's probably what i would do too lol

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TweetyBear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 08:00 AM
06civicsi

Downloads:
Uploads:

View 06civicsi's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 06civicsi's Photo Album Add 06civicsi's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

No they have not taken the money out. Any ideas on how to get this thing for free?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by 06civicsi View Post

No they have not taken the money out. Any ideas on how to get this thing for free?
Yea go to MEXICO lol

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Mobile Model: TP

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,141 Posts

View TweetyBear's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TweetyBear's Photo Album Add TweetyBear's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Yea go to MEXICO lol
oh hahahaha good one man

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TweetyBear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 11:07 AM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm going to tell you that it sound all good and gravy thinking that you got it free.But the big bam is coming to you soon when they do there audit..and they will track down the mistake.

What i will do is put money on an escrow,only the amount that will cost you to purchase the laptop.I will still open the package.If you get an email or a phone call that you owe the balance of the laptop.Then you can take the money from escrow and pay off the balance.Because what will happen is either a state or local cop will come knocking at your door.Now because the value of the merchandise is over 2,000.

Its up to you..this is my advice even though its sounds good thinking you got away with out paying for it.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 03:23 PM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Puerto is right, they will eventually track it down. It is theft, even though it was their mistake. It's a minor felony, I think, because of the amount.

You can take your chances, change your bank stuff, close the account at that bank, period. Then when they come at you, you can claim ignorance. However, ignorance of the law is no excuse for evading punishment.

At the best, you might not be able to use it, because of the serial numbers. However, you will, if charged, be held responsible for all charges incidental to the recovery of the item. Including, but not limited to, legal fees. So I would add a bit more to that escrow account to cover that.

Another option is to call Dell. Tell them what happened. Tell them you want to return it. Tell them to send you a return kit. Document everything. If they don't follow through or can't find a way to take care of it, then you did your part. But you need to keep your paperwork intact. I'd change your debit card and close that account before you did that, just so they can't mess with anything.

Good luck!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Worlds BEST site spj.com
Mobile Model: Vogue WinMo 6.5
Mobile Carrier: Sprint WinMo 6.5

Thanked 1,070 Times in 269 Posts

View thermus's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thermus's Photo Album Add thermus's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

I'm going to tell you that it sound all good and gravy thinking that you got it free.But the big bam is coming to you soon when they do there audit..and they will track down the mistake.

What i will do is put money on an escrow,only the amount that will cost you to purchase the laptop.I will still open the package.If you get an email or a phone call that you owe the balance of the laptop.Then you can take the money from escrow and pay off the balance.Because what will happen is either a state or local cop will come knocking at your door.Now because the value of the merchandise is over 2,000.

Its up to you..this is my advice even though its sounds good thinking you got away with out paying for it.
I would have to agree with this comment. If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thermus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2009, 12:07 AM
06civicsi

Downloads:
Uploads:

So... i am on my new laptop!
I called dell to complain because i had to take time out of my day and deal with them. They took an extra 150 off my total order and then gave me a 150 dell gift card!
Woot! So i got an studio xps 16 fully upgraded (list specs below) for 1600!

-t9550 core 2 duo
-4gb ddr3
-full hd screen
-ati 3670 512mb
-128gb ssd
-bluetooth
-webcam
didnt get blue ray disc player because i dont really have to have it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
dell, problem