Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-03-2009, 06:20 PM
tmor5078 tmor5078 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View tmor5078's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tmor5078's Photo Album Add tmor5078's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
sprint airave

So I have been having problems getting signal in my own house. Went to the sprint store they tried to sell me a AIRAVE for 99.99 plus 4.99 a months. Just to get reception in my house witch should be great or so they say. Googled it found out it works really well but not worth the money. If you call retentions and tell them your wanting to cancel service over the issue that they would just send you one for free worst case you would have to sign a new two year, no biggy. So I have call 3 times and wrote and email and every time they say that they can't even discount it BS I know for a fact they have given them out for free and even waived the monthly fee. After this Im thinking about switching companys for real, I can stand having to leave my phone in the window sill anymore. anyone else have the same problem or maybe a suggestion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tmor5078 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: sprint airave

“ Originally Posted by tmor5078 View Post

So I have been having problems getting signal in my own house. Went to the sprint store they tried to sell me a AIRAVE for 99.99 plus 4.99 a months. Just to get reception in my house witch should be great or so they say. Googled it found out it works really well but not worth the money. If you call retentions and tell them your wanting to cancel service over the issue that they would just send you one for free worst case you would have to sign a new two year, no biggy. So I have call 3 times and wrote and email and every time they say that they can't even discount it BS I know for a fact they have given them out for free and even waived the monthly fee. After this Im thinking about switching companys for real, I can stand having to leave my phone in the window sill anymore. anyone else have the same problem or maybe a suggestion.
keep trying...I got mine for free through retention...As well as no monthly fee...All free.Try a different approach..Explain why your thinking of leaving...I.E. no signal.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2009, 11:47 PM
amish papa smurf hustler
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile OS: 6.5

View smw's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View smw's Photo Album Add smw's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I was with at&t and went to sprint and there iphone killer, lmao. I had better coverage with at&t, as with sprint I would have to be in the back yard to get a bouncing bar. One day I just had it, Id dropped a couple business calls and couldnt even stay on the line with sprint long enough to get anything resolved. I drove till I had enough signal to stay on the line with sprint. My argument was that I was lied to by the sale man at the sprint store that I would have flawless service. I was ready to leave that day and I was giving them one last chance to keep my business. First person blah blah blah this much and this much a month, I replied with, "transfer me to someone who can make decisions". Next person says $50 and 4.99/mo. I replied with, "if I spend any money its to cancel my contract". Done deal free monthly to but the catch is they want your cash so you have to purchase the airave and they will credit your account so no payment the following month.
I do repair work so a few missed calls could pay for the termination fee and I let them know that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smw For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2009, 06:09 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by smw View Post

I was with at&t and went to sprint and there iphone killer, lmao. I had better coverage with at&t, as with sprint I would have to be in the back yard to get a bouncing bar. One day I just had it, Id dropped a couple business calls and couldnt even stay on the line with sprint long enough to get anything resolved. I drove till I had enough signal to stay on the line with sprint. My argument was that I was lied to by the sale man at the sprint store that I would have flawless service. I was ready to leave that day and I was giving them one last chance to keep my business. First person blah blah blah this much and this much a month, I replied with, "transfer me to someone who can make decisions". Next person says $50 and 4.99/mo. I replied with, "if I spend any money its to cancel my contract". Done deal free monthly to but the catch is they want your cash so you have to purchase the airave and they will credit your account so no payment the following month.
I do repair work so a few missed calls could pay for the termination fee and I let them know that.
not true...i was giving it for free as well as monthly service...didnt have to buy a thing..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Same here, got it for free plus no monthly fee... i dont use it anymore because i have a tower up now near me, but it worked very well.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2009, 10:51 AM
amish papa smurf hustler
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile OS: 6.5

View smw's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View smw's Photo Album Add smw's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I got the airave for free and the there is no monthly fee. So I paid nothing for any of it per say. I think it may have something to do with their "spending limit" (from the bill itself :Your spending limit balance is different than your Total Due because of new charge since last month, and because your monthly recurring charges and taxes are excluded from your spending limit balance.)

Not really sure but I did send them $100 they credited the $100 and that paid that months bill. Either way it worked for me and Im still a sprint customer
Old 05-05-2009, 08:19 PM
tmor5078 tmor5078 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View tmor5078's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tmor5078's Photo Album Add tmor5078's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

just got it figured out and talk to someone who was able to get me one for free with no monthly... cant wait to get it.....thanks for the input
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tmor5078 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
airave, sprint