ON3/\L ON3/\L is offline   Thread Starter  
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Palm Pre

Ok so I can't go all into everything as I'm told to not say anything about the Pre until launch. However, I thought I would give you a sneak peak at the new Palm Pre that will be released on June 6th, 2009. Very nice phone btw. Strike 1 for me is not winmo, strike 2 is keyboard (don't care for any of Palm keyboards actually), strike 3..not winmo! Don't let that take away from the fact that this phone has a lot of things that has not been featured on any phones or pda's prior to the Pre. Palm really stepped it up on this one, with the new web os totally built from scratch. The os on this device is called web os for reason. Everyhting it does is integrated through the web giving you a whole new experience with brand new technology and is a very unique device in many ways. I can't go into full detail until 6th, so I will do my best to give my honest opinion even though it may not be the phone of my choice. The screen resolution on this phone is sick! Sprint TV looks like HD for real. Nice sleek finish with excellent screen res and unique features make this a very sexy phone in my opinion. Def a game changer in many ways. They really directed this thing right at the Iphone and with attitude. I\When I tell you that this phones OS is a mix between the iphone and android os I mean exactly that! Period. Might I add that they really made it easy to totally customize all of the menus etc to best fit your need which I happen to like. Sorry if too many pics, let me know and I will remove ok Anyway, here's a few pics of it, enjoy.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Palm Pre

nice post i have already had mine for a lil bit and am loving it trust me when i say the pics make the phone look way less sexy than it really is :P i wish i could show mine off but as the tester sprint wont allow me too as they did with my touch pro.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 01:34 AM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

That phone looks really Sick i want one haha

The Following User Says Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 01:35 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

That phone looks really Sick i want one haha
it honestly is and damn is she sexy!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 01:37 AM

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

it honestly is and damn is she sexy!!!
Wait dont tell you already got one ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 01:38 AM

Wait dont tell you already got one ?
look at post 2 and all my tralks with iceman on the boards..... got one before the weekend sent to me by sprint and loving it
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 01:40 AM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hahaha perks of employment. Can anyone google this thread? If not I can go further into this, otherwise I can't really say. I mean if someone is googling the pre etc, do they have to join to read this?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 01:40 AM

look at post 2 and all my tralks with iceman on the boards..... got one before the weekend sent to me by sprint and loving it
LOL not fair ok you can send me it once you are done hahaha

Old 05-27-2009, 01:50 AM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter

I will say that I was chosen to be an advocate for this phone and sat in a 4hr training class just on the basics. Very nice phone! Lots of pro's, only a few cons. I still have to say that winmo has the upper hand by a landslide. I guess we will see what all the APP store has once phone is launched. I hope it's better than the android app store, and the iphones of course. No sd card, but 8gig on board is plenty to play with. No damn alarm clock either, I'm sure that will be the 1st thing in the app store, lol.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 02:08 AM

“ Originally Posted by johnnyeoneal View Post

hahaha perks of employment. Can anyone google this thread? If not I can go further into this, otherwise I can't really say. I mean if someone is googling the pre etc, do they have to join to read this?
hahhaah not employed by sprint technically but got on testers account and yes this area is assesable through google

LOL not fair ok you can send me it once you are done hahaha
hahaha yeah right i cant wait for the app store to come out and see what freewares on top of that come out

I will say that I was chosen to be an advocate for this phone and sat in a 4hr training class just on the basics. Very nice phone! Lots of pro's, only a few cons. I still have to say that winmo has the upper hand by a landslide. I guess we will see what all the APP store has once phone is launched. I hope it's better than the android app store, and the iphones of course. No sd card, but 8gig on board is plenty to play with. No damn alarm clock either, I'm sure that will be the 1st thing in the app store, lol.

yup thats the first thing i noticed too.. .how can you make a device without an alarm clock?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 02:14 AM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter

yup thats the first thing i noticed too.. .how can you make a device without an alarm clock?[/quote]

lol, yeah. All they put into that phone and how did they miss that I have no idea! The only work around at this point is you can use your calendar as an alarm ( Shrug..lame...) for now. It works, just more steps involved...especially if need it everyday, lol. I am anxious for the app store myself to see what we can put on this puppy. Hoping for some good programmers to make things happen ya knw.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 02:21 AM

yup thats the first thing i noticed too.. .how can you make a device without an alarm clock?
lol, yeah. All they put into that phone and how did they miss that I have no idea! The only work around at this point is you can use your calendar as an alarm ( Shrug..lame...) for now. It works, just more steps involved...especially if need it everyday, lol. I am anxious for the app store myself to see what we can put on this puppy. Hoping for some good programmers to make things happen ya knw.[/quote]

with all the hype that the device is getting i would def say that there will be many developers getting ready for this one
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Mobile Model: Iphone 3GS 32GB
Mobile Carrier: ATT
Mobile OS: IPHONE

View mikewhooo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mikewhooo's Photo Album Add mikewhooo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you guys think people are going to be lined up to get this phone? oh and dash how is the battrey life
The Following User Says Thank You to mikewhooo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 02:38 PM

“ Originally Posted by mikewhooo View Post

you guys think people are going to be lined up to get this phone? oh and dash how is the battrey life
thats another thing that they got right!! its like most palm devices out there and that 20-25% better life than HTC devices. and oh yeah many people are stoked about it... have you ever seen another ppc hyped like this through sprint even?
Old 05-27-2009, 03:10 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thats another thing that they got right!! its like most palm devices out there and that 20-25% better life than HTC devices. and oh yeah many people are stoked about it... have you ever seen another ppc hyped like this through sprint even?
how bout a full review like you did with the pro?? you did not post pics so you did not break the rules but you did give us the ol D/\SH insight and rundown as well as 1-10 ratings on all aspects

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 03:31 PM

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

how bout a full review like you did with the pro?? you did not post pics so you did not break the rules but you did give us the ol D/\SH insight and rundown as well as 1-10 ratings on all aspects
if i have the chance i will... first day off in a couple weeks so just relaxing today but will see what i can get done in the next 9 days
Old 05-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Mobile Model: Iphone 3GS 32GB
Mobile Carrier: ATT
Mobile OS: IPHONE

View mikewhooo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mikewhooo's Photo Album Add mikewhooo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

no i hanot seen sprint pump up a phone period like this. So you think its gonna be hard to get one?
The Following User Says Thank You to mikewhooo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 09:16 PM

“ Originally Posted by mikewhooo View Post

no i hanot seen sprint pump up a phone period like this. So you think its gonna be hard to get one?
just call and order one online on the 65th as soon as you can... only certain corporate stores are getting them so it will be a toss up if the sotre your going to is even going to have them in stock...
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View schurga's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View schurga's Photo Album Add schurga's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So, no expansion slot...not sure I'm feeling that, I guess it's not a huge deal. But I must say, wireless charging is pretty rad!
The Following User Says Thank You to schurga For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 09:44 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by schurga View Post

So, no expansion slot...not sure I'm feeling that, I guess it's not a huge deal. But I must say, wireless charging is pretty rad!

I personally have over 100 PRE orders waiting to get done... my office probably has well over 1000 combined if not more ... This phone is very huge for Sprint. This device is Changing mobile wireless period.. Many people are leaving carriers for this device.

SD card expansion slot not being there does suck, but with 8G's you cant go wrong... I was very upset about the alarm clock as I use my phone for it, and upset of it not being a full 5 row keyboard like the PRO.. why give a kids keyboard to a grown folk device

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wireless charging??? i dont think so....what via wifi?? changing the structure of a signal to a charged ion isnt possible as of now..

The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 09:48 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post

wireless charging??? i dont think so....what via wifi?? changing the structure of a signal to a charged ion isnt possible as of now..
techincally it is wireless... you dont need a cord to the phone.. just place your phone on a dock.. (this is not included with the phone)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by 13iG Je\/\/ View Post

techincally it is wireless... you dont need a cord to the phone.. just place your phone on a dock.. (this is not included with the phone)

hmmm...so how does it charge it wireless??? that is pretty amazing though, I would love just to set my phone down on a pad to charge....were getting closer to the future ppl lmaooo... believe it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 09:57 PM

“ Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post

hmmm...so how does it charge it wireless??? that is pretty amazing though, I would love just to set my phone down on a pad to charge....were getting closer to the future ppl lmaooo... believe it.
That would be pretty sick bro if it did that haha. No more cords would be Great!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 10:00 PM

View schurga's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View schurga's Photo Album Add schurga's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Does anyone know if the prē can be set to "slide-to-answer" telephone calls?
The Following User Says Thank You to schurga For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Im sure it will be bro since its windows mobile u can prett much do anything with these phones

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 10:03 PM

I am sure it could with s2u2 but you would have to wait on Dash or some of the few people that have the phone already.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 10:22 PM

Very true. Well then I guess I can overlook the missing expansion slot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schurga For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Mobile Model: iphone 3gs
Mobile Carrier: at&t
Mobile OS: Iphone

View claudius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View claudius's Photo Album Add claudius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

tht wireless charger is quazy
The Following User Says Thank You to claudius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro

View billhickle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View billhickle's Photo Album Add billhickle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey guys will this require an everything plan?

I also need to know if it syncs with exchange servers.
The Following User Says Thank You to billhickle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by billhickle View Post

Hey guys will this require an everything plan?

I also need to know if it syncs with exchange servers.
First off no phone requires an everything plan broo and im sure it will bro google it im sure ull find the answer google is ur best friend like dash says

The Following User Says Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 10:53 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter

2 things. It's not wimno at all. It runs off whats called the new "Web OS" developed from scratch by Palm and one of the guys that engineered the Iphone left Apple, went to Palm and had his hands on this puppy. Another is the charger works through a magnetic charge. You have to buy the charging stone separate, it's a magnetic stone you just sit the phone on it, it will line the phone up correctly and charge. So s2u2 may be possible through the app store, not sure. It's gonna have an APP Store just like the Iphone and the Android for all the computer programmers to get stuff released in some for beta and some freeware I'm sure. So time will tell what the app store will hold. Yes...we have a HUGE waiting list on this phone currently. I've been asking if Sprint is ready for this one or not as far as inventory goes, but they don't want to overstock and be sitting on any either. It's looking like there will def be some waiting on these phones unless you already put your pre order in...1st come 1st serve bases. The keyboard was ok at first during the training, until I used my phone then went back to the pre....wow...yeah that really blowed hard to the core son! I can't fade it, love my keyboard. It's a sweet and sexy device though, they did a good job with this one.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:54 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Im sure it will be bro since its windows mobile u can prett much do anything with these phones

I am sure it could with s2u2 but you would have to wait on Dash or some of the few people that have the phone already.
who said this is Windows Mobile???

Pre is running WebOS which is Palm's new Operating System that combines Android/iPhone OS with grown-up features

8gigs is more than enough for me....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 11:02 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

who said this is Windows Mobile???

Pre is running WebOS which is Palm's new Operating System that combines Android/iPhone OS with grown-up features

8gigs is more than enough for me....
That's what I was thinking.. I explained in the 1st post what os it ran off of and how it worked and was designed from scratch...not sure where winmo came from. I think people get confused because the Palm Pro was winmo. And I'm a big fan of the sd card and external mem myself, but 8 gigs is plenty and it syncs wireless over the air and when you hook it up to pc using the data cable it comes w it acts as a thumb/flash drive. No software cd or palm software ...or Active sync..lol...jk.. but It's real easy to just plug it up and transfer you files on it and boom it's there.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro

View billhickle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View billhickle's Photo Album Add billhickle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

First off no phone requires an everything plan broo and im sure it will bro google it im sure ull find the answer google is ur best friend like dash says
Doesn't the Instinct require an everything plan? Pretty sure it does. Also i am a friend of Google and use it frequently but this question was an honest one trying to dialogue about the pre.
The Following User Says Thank You to billhickle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2009, 11:40 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter

Well Jr is talking about the "Simply Everything Plan," not just an everything plan. YES, good question cause I forgot to mention that. Just like the Instinct, it has to be on 1 of the everything plans. Any of the current plans including fam data plans will work. Price points are $69.99 for an individual everything 450 plan. $89.99 for everything 900 plan. $129.99 for the 1500min fam data share plan. $169.99 for the 3000min Everything data fam share plan, or the Simply Everything for $99.99. All the plans above are everything plans and all mentioned above have unlimited data. You have limitited minutes on all except the Simply Everything.

--------- New Post Merged on 28/5/2009 at 1232 --------

Oh and YES. It will sync with exchange servers, as well as pop, imap. If that's what your talking about. It can sync corp email through MS Exchange Active Sync email.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:04 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well Jr is talking about the "Simply Everything Plan," not just an everything plan. YES, good question cause I forgot to mention that. Just like the Instinct, it has to be on 1 of the everything plans. Any of the current plans including fam data plans will work. Price points are $69.99 for an individual everything 450 plan. $89.99 for everything 900 plan. $129.99 for the 1500min fam data share plan. $169.99 for the 3000min Everything data fam share plan, or the Simply Everything for $99.99. All the plans above are everything plans and all mentioned above have unlimited data. You have limitited minutes on all except the Simply Everything.

--------- New Post Merged on 28/5/2009 at 1232 --------

Oh and YES. It will sync with exchange servers, as well as pop, imap. If that's what your talking about. It can sync corp email through MS Exchange Active Sync email.
ya sick phone i got to sync to my sprint email exchange server with it works great, everything works so well together on it. so good!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 05:35 AM

What about a SERO plan? Or do I have to upgrade?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:56 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter

What about a SERO plan? Or do I have to upgrade?
Yeah... gotta be on an everything plan. Same as the Instinct etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2009, 09:24 AM

Really?! What a bummer...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schurga For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
palm, palm pre sneak peak, pre