Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-28-2009, 08:23 PM
ActionPlyr ActionPlyr is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ActionPlyr's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ActionPlyr's Photo Album Add ActionPlyr's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Possible to trade-in touch pro for touch pro2

I know I've heard some stories of people being able to trade-in their Mogul for a Touch Pro for no cost to them so I was wondering, I just bought a Touch Pro in January and when the Touch Pro 2 comes out, do you think Sprint would do the same? I'm kinda pissed because if I had known about the TP2 I would've for sure waited. If not, how do you think a person should go about possibly getting one without extending the contract and for minimal cost?
The Following User Says Thank You to ActionPlyr For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Possible to trade-in touch pro for touch pro2

Lets cross our fingers and hope we can bro ,we really cant tel u weather or not itll happen since its not out yet

The Following User Says Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 08:31 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by ActionPlyr View Post

I know I've heard some stories of people being able to trade-in their Mogul for a Touch Pro for no cost to them so I was wondering, I just bought a Touch Pro in January and when the Touch Pro 2 comes out, do you think Sprint would do the same? I'm kinda pissed because if I had known about the TP2 I would've for sure waited. If not, how do you think a person should go about possibly getting one without extending the contract and for minimal cost?
The only way this is possible is if they ran out of touch pros and you needed a replacement. This prolly wont happen for a very long time because they still have moguls for replacement for moguls. Just every once in a while they go out of stock so they give people touch pros. Also there isnt that much that has changed int he TP2 so there is no reason customer care would make an exception for you to swap it out. The cheapest way to get the phone without extending the contract would be craigslist or ebay once it comes out; however you always run a risk of having a lost or stolen device. I'de just stick with the TP for awhile.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 05-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

The only way this is possible is if they ran out of touch pros and you needed a replacement. This prolly wont happen for a very long time because they still have moguls for replacement for moguls. Just every once in a while they go out of stock so they give people touch pros. Also there isnt that much that has changed int he TP2 so there is no reason customer care would make an exception for you to swap it out. The cheapest way to get the phone without extending the contract would be craigslist or ebay once it comes out; however you always run a risk of having a lost or stolen device. I'de just stick with the TP for awhile.
very nicely put venum, i have to agree with this but it can happen you just have to catch it at the right time... and believe me when one phone goes out of stock and they are offering upgrades you will find out here the fastest so you can take advantage of it too.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 08:36 PM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

very nicely put venum, i have to agree with this but it can happen you just have to catch it at the right time... and believe me when one phone goes out of stock and they are offering upgrades you will find out here the fastest so you can take advantage of it too.
word...helps to know a technician at a sprint repair center :P

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 08:39 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

word...helps to know a technician at a sprint repair center :P
hahah i bet it is now since my buddy quit while i was down in NH working for sprint.... im running low on usb cords damnet i need more lmao..... ill have to make a trip to my repair center and see if i can find any and also some more battery covers while at it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 08:41 PM
The VenumX Factor

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahah i bet it is now since my buddy quit while i was down in NH working for sprint.... im running low on usb cords damnet i need more lmao..... ill have to make a trip to my repair center and see if i can find any and also some more battery covers while at it.
for which phone? treo pro or touch pro? i was gonna send you those adapters usb (female) to microusb (male) for the usb host drivers, but i tested with treo pro and it didnt work :/ ** not to be off topic ** lol

The Following User Says Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2009, 08:52 PM

for which phone? treo pro or touch pro? i was gonna send you those adapters usb (female) to microusb (male) for the usb host drivers, but i tested with treo pro and it didnt work :/ ** not to be off topic ** lol
for the touch pro... just reg usb cable..... just like to have a few extras since i always seem to be handing them out to budides that get into the ppc game and buy phones without them....
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Also most people committed unnecessary insurance fraud to trade in their perfectly working mogul for a touch pro. So the thought of it happening with the TP2 to me seems very unlikely... They must have learned their lesson and will not let it happen again unless you pay up front or upgrade.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metalmayhem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2009, 02:01 AM

“ Originally Posted by Metalmayhem View Post

Also most people committed unnecessary insurance fraud to trade in their perfectly working mogul for a touch pro. So the thought of it happening with the TP2 to me seems very unlikely... They must have learned their lesson and will not let it happen again unless you pay up front or upgrade.
sprint never learns this trend will continue no doubt.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2009, 03:58 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by ActionPlyr View Post

i totally agree w/ Venom Dash and Metal, and the points they made... i was going to say the same... also to piggyy back... the mogul had been out for a couple of years when that happend... there had been many a phones dropped, and they basically had discontinued the mogul at that point.... chance are the touch pro, device, will still be active, w/ plenty of stock available at that time, and by the time sprint is ready to do this similar deal for the touch pro's, we will probably already be onto the nextgeneration of device's

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
pro, pro2, touch, tradein