Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 03:51 PM
aj48198 aj48198 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View aj48198's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View aj48198's Photo Album Add aj48198's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
[ ISSUE SOLVED ] Streaming Music Question

OK, I have searched (for the last 3+ hours!!) all around this website but have not found what I am looking for. My question is this:

I've created a playlist from Playlist.com. The site lets you pick a song and if you like it, you can "add to playlist". However, listening to them requires me to go online and stream the music, which will kill the battery on my touch pro, and makes the songs skip. Am I able to use one of the media players (core, WMP, etc.) and sort of guide it to my playlist and stream music through that? or am I just stuck going through the internet? Any help would be appreciated, I have a 12 hour road trip tonight that would really suck since I don't have any songs on my SD card.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:10 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Streaming Music Question

“ Originally Posted by aj48198 View Post

OK, I have searched (for the last 3+ hours!!) all around this website but have not found what I am looking for. My question is this:

I've created a playlist from Playlist.com. The site lets you pick a song and if you like it, you can "add to playlist". However, listening to them requires me to go online and stream the music, which will kill the battery on my touch pro, and makes the songs skip. Am I able to use one of the media players (core, WMP, etc.) and sort of guide it to my playlist and stream music through that? or am I just stuck going through the internet? Any help would be appreciated, I have a 12 hour road trip tonight that would really suck since I don't have any songs on my SD card.
i have never used the playlist.com website, i know they have apps like pandora that kinda work, but i guess if playlist.com lets you export to some kind of stream format like *.asx then you would be good to use windows media on touch pro to play this stream. Most web-based streaming companies use proprietary flash programs to run their site, which is really inconvenient to us windows mobile people.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

i have never used the playlist.com website, i know they have apps like pandora that kinda work, but i guess if playlist.com lets you export to some kind of stream format like *.asx then you would be good to use windows media on touch pro to play this stream. Most web-based streaming companies use proprietary flash programs to run their site, which is really inconvenient to us windows mobile people.
Very nicely put homie. I would still recommend to the OP that he just load his songs up on his sd card. You can get a 8 giger for dirt cheap now a days. Well worth it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

best but has the 8gig on sale this week for 27.99....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2009, 02:29 PM
aj48198 aj48198 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View aj48198's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View aj48198's Photo Album Add aj48198's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for the advice Junkies. I went to BB and picked one up. I also grabbed pocket tunes off of here to stream radio since i dont have that many songs on the SD card. This site is awesome!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aj48198 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by aj48198 View Post

Thanks for the advice Junkies. I went to BB and picked one up. I also grabbed pocket tunes off of here to stream radio since i dont have that many songs on the SD card. This site is awesome!
Great... glad u got issue resolved and worked out... id also suggest downloading, Pandora, and SeeqPod mobile... awesome for stream tons of music...

any way, marking thread as solved!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Tags
issue, music, question, solved, streaming