Old 05-31-2009, 12:55 PM
CYBER WEESJE CYBER WEESJE is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
What the PSP Go needs to whack the DSi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObElhJIcOKE
A report from 1Up.com says the new version of the PSP will be hitting store shelves later this year. It will be announced at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in June.

1Up.com also says the new PSP will be called the PSP Go! It's slated for a September release in Japan, followed by a U.S. launch in October or November. The publication said that the Go! will sport slide-out controls. Those who were hoping for dual analog sticks will be upset to hear that the new PSP will presumably still feature a single analog nub. 1Up believes that the Go! will come in two versions: one with 8GB of internal memory and another with 16GB of memory.

Shockingly, 1Up sources told the publication that Sony will be dumping the UMD drive for digital downloads. Players looking to add titles to their handheld will be able to do so by buying games from an online store.

Sony has not confirmed 1Up's report. And it's likely that the company won't be saying much as we get closer to E3. But if the 1Up report is true, is it enough to force Nintendo from its top spot in the hand-held gaming space?

It's a tough call. While some in the industry believe that game downloads might be the future, it's still in its infancy. And there's a chance that current PSP owners will be turned off by the PSP Go! if Sony doesn't find a way to make UMD games work with its new hand-held.

We also shouldn't forget that there are many questions that have yet to be answered about the Go! What will it cost? How much of an improvement is it over the original PSP? Most importantly, why should we buy it?

Assuming 1Up's predictions are true, Pro Duo requirements are (finally!) gone, UMD is finished, and the Go! will have a slide-out control mechanism. On paper, that's not enough to make me want to buy one.

But if the PSP Go!'s graphical capabilities are superior to its predecessor, it's a good start. And if Sony reassures us that UMDs can be played on the handheld with a cheap accessory, it's made available for a reasonable price, and hundreds of games are offered at launch with titles dating back to the original PlayStation, I'll be intrigued. And I doubt I'm alone.

At this point, though, we just don't know what Sony is planning. But after using both the DS and the DSi, I can say that if the PSP Go! sports most (if not all) of the features 1Up and I have come up with, I don't see any reason why it can't hold its own in the space. It might not have dual screens, but superior graphics, a better display, and a store that makes finding and playing games much simpler than traveling to Gamestop, certainly counts for something. And a huge library of classic games won't hurt either.

I'm excited to see what Sony comes up with. It could revolutionize the industry. Who's with me?

DAMM THIS LOOKS SO AWESOME

GRTZ WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ HIT THANKS

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2009, 12:58 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: What the PSP Go needs to whack the DSi

Why would they do that that things look horrible sliding up like that lol. Hope the US does not get that PSP

Old 05-31-2009, 01:01 PM

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by gokuss3 View Post

why would they do that that things look horrible sliding up like that lol. Hope the us does not get that psp
i think it looks no to bad if the screen flips a bit and the us wil get this one lol

grtz weesje
moderator@spj

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2009, 01:04 PM

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by weesje View Post

i think it looks no to bad if the screen flips a bit and the us wil get this one lol

grtz weesje
moderator@spj
Yeah I didnt even know they where working on a new PSP lol. I guess they have to do something since PS3 was a bust hahaha

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2009, 01:21 PM

“ Originally Posted by gokuss3 View Post

yeah i didnt even know they where working on a new psp lol. I guess they have to do something since ps3 was a bust hahaha

yeah just addet video

grtz weesje
moderator@spj

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2009, 01:26 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

Yeah I didnt even know they where working on a new PSP lol. I guess they have to do something since PS3 was a bust hahaha
this thing looks bad ass and the button being like a control is awesome!!! and and the ps3 a bust goku? what are you talking about? they sold many units to people for just blu-ray on top if the gamers and it has great titles and myself like it better than the xbox 360.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2009, 02:32 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

this thing looks bad ass and the button being like a control is awesome!!! and and the ps3 a bust goku? what are you talking about? they sold many units to people for just blu-ray on top if the gamers and it has great titles and myself like it better than the xbox 360.
Have you seen the numbers of the units they have sold lol. Wii has them beat like 10 times over and Xbox does too haha. And the Blue Ray is the only reason most people buy that thing lol. I would not pay 500 bucks for it. But to each there own opion i guess

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2009, 02:47 PM

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

Have you seen the numbers of the units they have sold lol. Wii has them beat like 10 times over and Xbox does too haha. And the Blue Ray is the only reason most people buy that thing lol. I would not pay 500 bucks for it. But to each there own opion i guess
HI WEL HERE ARE SOME NUMBERS Sony* ‬21* ‬Million PS3*‬s Sold Worldwide

Code

http://www.edge-online.com/news/sony*-‬21*-‬million-ps3*‬s-sold-worldwide
30 million Xbox 360 consoles sold worldwide

Code

http://palgn.com.au/xbox-360/14483/30-million-xbox-360-consoles-sold-worldwide/
Nintendo breaks 60M Wii consoles sold worldwide by end of March 2009

Code

http://www.thestandard.com/predictions/suggestions/nintendo-breaks-60m-wii-consoles-sold-worldwide-end-march-2009
to my nolage sony will go past xbox after some time the mean reason for xbox360 to have that numbers it whas releasd before ps3 and had start on selling and dropping the price bud wii nocks them out why wii is family console and is more popular then all the rest

GRTZ WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

HI WEL HERE ARE SOME NUMBERS Sony* ‬21* ‬Million PS3*‬s Sold Worldwide

Code

http://www.edge-online.com/news/sony*-‬21*-‬million-ps3*‬s-sold-worldwide
30 million Xbox 360 consoles sold worldwide

Code

http://palgn.com.au/xbox-360/14483/30-million-xbox-360-consoles-sold-worldwide/
Nintendo breaks 60M Wii consoles sold worldwide by end of March 2009

Code

http://www.thestandard.com/predictions/suggestions/nintendo-breaks-60m-wii-consoles-sold-worldwide-end-march-2009
to my nolage sony will go past xbox after some time the mean reason for xbox360 to have that numbers it whas releasd before ps3 and had start on selling and dropping the price bud wii nocks them out why wii is family console and is more popular then all the rest

GRTZ WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ
hahahhaa yuppers weesje it came out over a year before the ps3 and only 8 million behind? damn overcomng is in the future
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2009, 06:54 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahahhaa yuppers weesje it came out over a year before the ps3 and only 8 million behind? damn overcomng is in the future
Lo that is sad that now that i see the numbers !!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 12:52 AM
Mobile Model: Palm Pre
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View TheSignor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TheSignor's Photo Album Add TheSignor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I own both systems and find the PS3 to be the superior machine for what I want it to do. I think I am even going to trade in my 360 toward another PS3 to put on another TV just for Blu Ray capability alone and I would find it cool to be able to play games and use the internet browser on multiple TVs in my house just to name a few novelties I would enjoy.
Its not that I find the XBox to be a bad system, its just the PS3 is stronger in more areas that appeal to me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheSignor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 01:01 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by TheSignor View Post

I own both systems and find the PS3 to be the superior machine for what I want it to do. I think I am even going to trade in my 360 toward another PS3 to put on another TV just for Blu Ray capability alone and I would find it cool to be able to play games and use the internet browser on multiple TVs in my house just to name a few novelties I would enjoy.
Its not that I find the XBox to be a bad system, its just the PS3 is stronger in more areas that appeal to me.
you're absolutely right, depends on the user as with most things. if xbox had a blueray player and a browser and xbox live was free, but it was the same price as the ps3 guranteed xbox 360 would win over the two systems because people now know the name microsoft/xbox more than sony/playstation. The ps3 is a better built device, but microsoft did very well on the UI of the xbox, I was torn when buying, but i write games so i use 360 cause writing games for ps3 is a pain in my behind. Anyways not that this is supposed to turn into another console debate or anything :P

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 01:18 AM
Mobile Model: Palm Pre

View TheSignor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TheSignor's Photo Album Add TheSignor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

you're absolutely right, depends on the user as with most things. if xbox had a blueray player and a browser and xbox live was free, but it was the same price as the ps3 guranteed xbox 360 would win over the two systems because people now know the name microsoft/xbox more than sony/playstation. The ps3 is a better built device, but microsoft did very well on the UI of the xbox, I was torn when buying, but i write games so i use 360 cause writing games for ps3 is a pain in my behind. Anyways not that this is supposed to turn into another console debate or anything :P
Yes I agree Microsoft probably would have outright won the "console war" had it enabled a few more cool features to the 360 and didn't make people pay for the now defunct HD DVD add on and red ring of death issues. I find that the only area where 360 is superior to PS3 (and this is a huge area for many) is online gaming community which frankly isn't a gigantic draw for me. That seems to be the issue that was a deal breaker for many in picking the 360 over the PS3 was XBox Live.

I really don't go to war over consoles unless I really feel that one is glaringly superior to the other and I find that XBox and PS3 have their own strengths and weaknesses and user preference is what its all about especially when it comes to these 2 consoles.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheSignor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 02:58 AM

“ Originally Posted by thesignor View Post

yes i agree microsoft probably would have outright won the "console war" had it enabled a few more cool features to the 360 and didn't make people pay for the now defunct hd dvd add on and red ring of death issues. I find that the only area where 360 is superior to ps3 (and this is a huge area for many) is online gaming community which frankly isn't a gigantic draw for me. That seems to be the issue that was a deal breaker for many in picking the 360 over the ps3 was xbox live.

I really don't go to war over consoles unless i really feel that one is glaringly superior to the other and i find that xbox and ps3 have their own strengths and weaknesses and user preference is what its all about especially when it comes to these 2 consoles.

hi your both way of topic lol

grtz weesje
moderator@spj

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hi your both way of topic lol

grtz weesje
moderator@spj
But weesjie u gotta understand the ps3 is the best console out there lol

Old 06-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i had the older psp and i liked it so i think it would be neat to get the newer version and yes dash it does look bad ass, also the screen looks bigger and sharper!!!!!!!!!wave of the future.....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 09:47 AM

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

but weesjie u gotta understand the ps3 is the best console out there lol
yeah but this is about pspgo not ps3

grtz weesje
moderator@spj

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View aj48198's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View aj48198's Photo Album Add aj48198's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

IMO, the DSi (hell the DS in general) Marketing Team was an all star group. They looked at the DS and designed games for one group in mind, 5-12 year olds. PSP didn't go that route. PSP to me went to the middle schoolers and up, thus shooting themselves in the foot. Comparing the two systems is like comparing generations. The young kids want the DSi because of all the kid-friendly games. If you want full on action (G.O.W. just to name one) you pick up something that can deliver, the PSP. Now don't get me wrong, there are some DS games that can bring it (if someone knows of one PLEASE let me know) but as far as gaming goes, the PSP has what it takes, its just the good folks over at Sony doesn't have that marketing team that Nintendo has, nor the developers for those kid-friendly games. The game designers go where the money is, thus why the DS and DSi are doing so well in the market. My daugheter has a DS, and games for that thing come a dime a dozen. I couldve sworn I picked up 3 while ordering burgers at McDonalds!! Overall, if the PSP Go! is to have a chance to survive it has to appeal to the younger kids. Otherwise, the PSP Go! will just Go! away. But thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aj48198 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I loved my psp before it got stolen, but the games were too detailed for a small screen i thought, not a bad thing but a lot of stain on the eyes. this new one looks cool and i might get one. I also have the original gb (green screen) gba, sega game gear, and 2 ds's which i play alot. i bought them for the kids but i use them more, haha. the oly reason i like nintendo handhelds over the others is the games availiable, like mario bros, metroid, zelda, donkey kong, just to name a few.

sorry wees going off topic again......

As far as my ps3 I LOVE IT!!!! hands down the BEST gaming system ive ever owned. I have never really played xbox360 but i have seen it played and its not bad, but the reason i bought the ps3 was because i didnt have to by everthing seperate, wifi, dvd, pay for online(although xbox has a better handle on it than sony does. I have had it for over 2 years and no issues, but my buddy is on his third xbox in about a year and half (he had to pay to get the last one fixed). I am happy with my choice.....My 2 cents

Back to topic......

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
dsi, psp, whack