Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06-02-2009, 01:10 AM
TheSignor TheSignor is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Palm Pre
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View TheSignor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TheSignor's Photo Album Add TheSignor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Palm Pre Possible Apps at Launch

I know one of the big questions about the Pre is what apps will be available for this device out of the gate and one of my personal faves looks like it will be available right away. Slingplayer!! God I hope this is true. I don't know if this was posted before, if so then delete.

SlingPlayer Coming Soon to the Palm Pre

BY:

Code

Ed Hardy
, Brighthand.com Editor
PUBLISHED: 5/23/2009

Those who get a

Code

Palm Pre
may be able to watch video streamed from their home

Code

TV
thanks to a version of SlingPlayer Mobile.
Sling Media has not yet announced its plans for the Pre orthe webOS, but this company's name appears on a list of "Showcase apps" for this device that was leaked to Engadget.
The release date for this

Code

software
is not yet known, but the leaked document says that it will be available "at or near launch".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheSignor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 01:22 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Palm Pre Possible Apps at Launch

“ Originally Posted by TheSignor View Post

I know one of the big questions about the Pre is what apps will be available for this device out of the gate and one of my personal faves looks like it will be available right away. Slingplayer!! God I hope this is true. I don't know if this was posted before, if so then delete.

SlingPlayer Coming Soon to the Palm Pre

BY:

Code

Ed Hardy
, Brighthand.com Editor
PUBLISHED: 5/23/2009

Those who get a

Code

Palm Pre
may be able to watch video streamed from their home

Code

TV
thanks to a version of SlingPlayer Mobile.
Sling Media has not yet announced its plans for the Pre orthe webOS, but this company's name appears on a list of "Showcase apps" for this device that was leaked to Engadget.
The release date for this

Code

software
is not yet known, but the leaked document says that it will be available "at or near launch".
Please try to keep your links coded, we put in an autocode feature but it only works when you dont use the [ URL ] tag if you are going to use the URL tag you have to make sure to put [ CODE ] [ /CODE ] around as well...

in regards to this story, this is very exciting indeed, i dont think this was already posted but this gives us a great oppurtunity to discuss the apps that we know are coming and ones of wish we hope to see soon! good topic to start!! haha

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 01:29 AM

View TheSignor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TheSignor's Photo Album Add TheSignor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

Please try to keep your links coded, we put in an autocode feature but it only works when you dont use the [ URL ] tag if you are going to use the URL tag you have to make sure to put [ CODE ] [ /CODE ] around as well...

in regards to this story, this is very exciting indeed, i dont think this was already posted but this gives us a great oppurtunity to discuss the apps that we know are coming and ones of wish we hope to see soon! good topic to start!! haha
Sorry for the messy post, haha. I'll try to use that feature in the future.

And yes I'm pretty excited about this as well as this is one of my most used Apps and oddly the App that turns the most heads when I'm out in public using it. Its surprising how many people have never heard of slingbox and what it can do.

And thanks, you got the main jist of the thread. Its not just about the slingbox app but anyone who knows about apps at launch or near launch that the pre might be getting here would be a nice place to put them for anyone who really would like a comprehensive list of what the Pre is gonna have available to it before people shell out their hard earned dough and for those who are struggling to wait for the Touch Pro 2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheSignor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 01:37 AM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by TheSignor View Post

Sorry for the messy post, haha. I'll try to use that feature in the future.

And yes I'm pretty excited about this as well as this is one of my most used Apps and oddly the App that turns the most heads when I'm out in public using it. Its surprising how many people have never heard of slingbox and what it can do.

And thanks, you got the main jist of the thread. Its not just about the slingbox app but anyone who knows about apps at launch or near launch that the pre might be getting here would be a nice place to put them for anyone who really would like a comprehensive list of what the Pre is gonna have available to it before people shell out their hard earned dough and for those who are struggling to wait for the Touch Pro 2.
haha no problem man, i found a list of the apps that will be released at or near launch of pre, here it is:

Pandora, Electronic Arts, SGN, Craig's List, Sling Media, DirectTV, Facebook, MySpace, Match.com, Loopt, Twitter, City Search, Zagat, Fandango, Movietickets.com, Lonely Planet, FlightView, NYTimes, AP Mobile, ESPN, Handmark Stocks, Bank of America, Intuit, Epocrates, WebMD, Salesforce.com, Austin Lane, DataViz, Mark/Space

originally posted at:

Code

http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/22/slingplayer-coming-to-pre-at-or-near-launch/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 02:07 AM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View I930 KING's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View I930 KING's Photo Album Add I930 KING's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wow this phone is jamed packed with kool stuff...
Old 06-02-2009, 02:09 AM
The VenumX Factor

“ Originally Posted by I930 KING View Post

wow this phone is jamed packed with kool stuff...
yeah i know right, match.com is all i need :/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 02:21 AM

haha no problem man, i found a list of the apps that will be released at or near launch of pre, here it is:

Pandora, Electronic Arts, SGN, Craig's List, Sling Media, DirectTV, Facebook, MySpace, Match.com, Loopt, Twitter, City Search, Zagat, Fandango, Movietickets.com, Lonely Planet, FlightView, NYTimes, AP Mobile, ESPN, Handmark Stocks, Bank of America, Intuit, Epocrates, WebMD, Salesforce.com, Austin Lane, DataViz, Mark/Space

originally posted at:

Code

http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/22/slingplayer-coming-to-pre-at-or-near-launch/
Nice list so far. This phone is gonna be epic. I can feel it in my bones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheSignor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 03:39 AM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Just as I was one of the first online bloggers to test the pre-release of slingplayer for iPhone 3G I will talk to Slingmedia to see if there will be a pre-release Slingplayer Mobile for the Pre that I can test...if I get the Pre of course...another thing...I noticed that on youtube and alot of other sites that outside of a technology show by slingmedia themselves, that I was the only non-slingmedia staff member who actually got to review the app. for the public as you will see by the dates of my videos and this has been confirmed to me as well...so take that xda, ppcgeeks, and all the other smartphone sites out there...lol, SPJ got that exclusive!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 09:27 AM
The VenumX Factor

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

Just as I was one of the first online bloggers to test the pre-release of slingplayer for iPhone 3G I will talk to Slingmedia to see if there will be a pre-release Slingplayer Mobile for the Pre that I can test...if I get the Pre of course...another thing...I noticed that on youtube and alot of other sites that outside of a technology show by slingmedia themselves, that I was the only non-slingmedia staff member who actually got to review the app. for the public as you will see by the dates of my videos and this has been confirmed to me as well...so take that xda, ppcgeeks, and all the other smartphone sites out there...lol, SPJ got that exclusive!
haha word bro glad to have ya on our side!! :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah i know right, match.com is all i need :/
hahahahah venum your a sexy beast you wont need that and the slingplayer and the ea games i would guess over apps are going to be good since ea always go over and beyond many other developers game wise for ppc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 12:44 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahahahah venum your a sexy beast you wont need that and the slingplayer and the ea games i would guess over apps are going to be good since ea always go over and beyond many other developers game wise for ppc.
yep...EA does make best games for smartphones...they definitely have outdone themselves even on the iPhone with games like Need for Speed Undercover, Tetris, Monopoly Here and Now, Tiger Woods 2009, Simcity4, Star Trek, and American Idol...where the graphics are so great, the gameplay is so intense that you can't believe you are playing on a phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
apps, launch, palm, pre