Post New ThreadReply

Old 06-02-2009, 12:26 PM
fanaticny fanaticny is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Worst Birthday week ever

So i graduated from college on sunday, my parents were proud, specially my dad. I was excited and happy bc I struggled a little bit, but was finally done with it. Being that my birthday is this sunday I was more than happy to continue with celebration and just extend the good time with my family, until yesterday. Phone rang yesterday I picked up, it was my dad's doctor. At this point i left my house and when i came back one of my sisters gave the bad news. The doctor told my Dad he had Cancer.......and with that went away all my excitement of finally graduating, and planning a nice party for my bday. The most affected is my mom that is just suffering bad and that breaks my heart. For me, it always takes a little while for bad news to sink in, and today tuesday i started feeling sad little by little, permanent headache that doesn't bother that much but it's there. My dad has been the greatest person to me, even when I ****ed up bad, I love my dad to death and I really hope he gets throught just fine, I don't want to see him suffer.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fanaticny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Worst Birthday week ever

“ Originally Posted by fanaticny View Post

So i graduated from college on sunday, my parents were proud, specially my dad. I was excited and happy bc I struggled a little bit, but was finally done with it. Being that my birthday is this sunday I was more than happy to continue with celebration and just extend the good time with my family, until yesterday. Phone rang yesterday I picked up, it was my dad's doctor. At this point i left my house and when i came back one of my sisters gave the bad news. The doctor told my Dad he had Cancer.......and with that went away all my excitement of finally graduating, and planning a nice party for my bday. The most affected is my mom that is just suffering bad and that breaks my heart. For me, it always takes a little while for bad news to sink in, and today tuesday i started feeling sad little by little, permanent headache that doesn't bother that much but it's there. My dad has been the greatest person to me, even when I ****ed up bad, I love my dad to death and I really hope he gets throught just fine, I don't want to see him suffer.
wow i am deeply sorry to hear that as goku and tweety especially as well as a few others from palringo know as of last week i was diagnosed with testicular cancer. it took days for it to really sink in on what was happening to me... thankfully n my case we caught it early and was treatable with removale and insertion of fake testicle... im still scared shitless about the whole thing and my mind hasnt been clear so i know what you are going through... thankfully i will still be able to have kids and all but is hard to bear with.... my prayers are with you and wish you the best.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View benmiller's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View benmiller's Photo Album Add benmiller's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Im sure we all wish your dad the best of luck I have had quite a few family members develope cancer... The great news is that cancer is one of them things that has become increasingly treatable sure there are going to be up and down spots but you have to stay positive be the rock for everyone to lean on there going to need it and dont forget to laugh its contagious alittle happieness can be the best medicine for everyone in time like this. Good luck to your father and your family.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to benmiller For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 12:49 PM

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thank you guys, I appreciate your words and Im really sorry to hear that Dash, specially at such a young age, definitely you have better chances and Im pretty sure you'll be just fine, stay strong and I wish you the best. This forum is really like a family to me and the best wishes always come from who you consider as a family.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fanaticny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

my hearts and prayers to you and your family, even though your dad was diagnosed with cancer im sure he is dam proud of you..........
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 01:40 PM

“ Originally Posted by tlpalmer01 View Post

my hearts and prayers to you and your family, even though your dad was diagnosed with cancer im sure he is dam proud of you..........
Thank you!..he's but it sucks that the bad news are overshadowing his happiness.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fanaticny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 02:49 PM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So sorry to hear about all the bad news. Hope everyone pulls through okay. Thoughts and prayers are with all y'all.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch
Mobile Carrier: Bell

Thanked 1,491 Times in 532 Posts

View raybond25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View raybond25's Photo Album Add raybond25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

sorry to hear about this, my dad's had a really rare disease called primary central nervous system vasculitis for almost 8 yrs now...won't get into it but he's on a shitload of nasty drugs (prednisone steroids, strongest chemotherapy there is) and he's been ****ed up for a long time. I know seeing your dad in a bad state hurts a lot and i hope and pray for your father's speedy recovery.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to raybond25 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

First off congrats on ur graduation bro which im sure ur very happy about im sure u strssed alot and glad its all over .Im sorry to hear about ur dad bro my thoughts and prayers out to him hope it all turns out well

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I really hope the the best to your dad and family(congrats on graduation). Just be strong..thoughts and prayers are with yall

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parna1973 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

my thoughts are with you...past yr my dad as well was diagnosed twice in 2 different location...first in throat pollops .Then a few months after tumors in his neck....not to mention...full reconstructive cage surgery on his back from a broken back (car accident yrs ago) then emergency angioplasty surgery.Thankfully as of now he is cancer free....So i feel your pain. my prayers are with you.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2009, 10:05 PM

Thank you all for being so supportive, im feeling better and having a really positive attitude now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fanaticny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2009, 07:09 PM
amish papa smurf hustler
Mobile Model: touch pro

View smw's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View smw's Photo Album Add smw's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Happy bday gemini, same here, congrats on the graduation. I hear things like this and it reminds me of the tim mcgraw song live like you where dieing. Love him like there is no tomorrow and make everyday or the time you spend with him the best possible.

My father went in for what he thought was a hernia, he was diagnosed with cancer on the 18th of dec in 2004 and died on jan 5th 2005. My stepmother decided to call me on the 1st and tell me it wasnt looking good mind you this is the first I heard of the cancer. I got there the next day (16hr drive) in time to see him open his eyes for the last time and give my hand a little squeeze. I got to tell him I love him and stayed by his side until 7:22am on the 5th.

These things happen and there is nothing we can do to stop it, but we can support and love our loved ones. Best wishes to you and your family.

D/\SH my friend we are metting up before the year is up if I have to walk to grand rapids. Good to hear your doing good bro.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smw For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by smw View Post

Happy bday gemini, same here, congrats on the graduation. I hear things like this and it reminds me of the tim mcgraw song live like you where dieing. Love him like there is no tomorrow and make everyday or the time you spend with him the best possible.

My father went in for what he thought was a hernia, he was diagnosed with cancer on the 18th of dec in 2004 and died on jan 5th 2005. My stepmother decided to call me on the 1st and tell me it wasnt looking good mind you this is the first I heard of the cancer. I got there the next day (16hr drive) in time to see him open his eyes for the last time and give my hand a little squeeze. I got to tell him I love him and stayed by his side until 7:22am on the 5th.

These things happen and there is nothing we can do to stop it, but we can support and love our loved ones. Best wishes to you and your family.

D/\SH my friend we are metting up before the year is up if I have to walk to grand rapids. Good to hear your doing good bro.

hahahha hell yeah stuie and since you got the song thing going (clears voice) i would walk a thousand miles than id walk 1000 more hahahaha
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
birthday, week, worst