NINE'SICKS NINE'SICKS is offline   Thread Starter  
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint and Palm

Original Thread on Engadget :

Code

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/06/04/sprint-and-palm-admit-that-they-dont-expect-wild-lines-for-pre/
posted Jun 4th 2009 at 12:22PM

It's hard to say what changed between May 20th and today (any ideas, Verizon / AT&T?), but it seems that Sprint's tone on the impending Pre launch has shifted just a bit. In a new report over at Bits, we're told that both Sprint and Palm are informing the public to not expect lengthy lines on launch day. Naturally, both firms are spinning this like it's a good thing, with Palm's Lynn Fox proclaiming that "[Palm's] not like Apple." Mark Elliott, a spokesman for Sprint, even went so far as to say that it was actually attempting to "manage the exact opposite" of long lines, noting that Sprint wanted "each customer to get the experience" rather than being rushed in and out. Honestly, the spin factor was most obvious when he outed this line: "[Success] is not about having a line out the door; it's about being able to treat each customer and make sure they're happy with their decision." Alrighty then.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint and Palm

yea right i had my buddy look into this and the reason for the no lines is because they dont have enough supply.... besy buy stores are getting 4 of them in stock and stores are getting around the same.... the reason for the lines isnt because not wanted and deemanded but because of lack of product... thats what they have to learn, look at apple and their stock on release day...... why doesnt palm and htc do as they do and market the hell outta it to get the hype and than have mass quantities to sell on opening day.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 12:31 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

they already had pushed back the launch date too far, if they pushed it any further back the new iphone would have come out and they would be screwed cause there are some nice features in that new iphone that people were going to go to the palm pre to solve. So they have an option either get the devices to the hardcore fans in a way that would put them out of the 30 days by the time the iphone comes out but only have enough for those people or wait another month risk losing more customers to the iphone but have enough for everyone that wants one.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

It seems that every hyped release is always pushed back. Remember the i930? By the time the phone was released WM5 was on the market. I'm waiting for the TP2, but I know the release dates are July to September, it will be more like December or 2010.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PsyChoTk For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View I930 KING's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View I930 KING's Photo Album Add I930 KING's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well idk im just glad that sprint will take the time with you and walk you threw the new phone with you and not just take your cash and say next. lol... We will see how it gos tomorrow.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I930 KING For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 09:27 PM

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by I930 KING View Post

well idk im just glad that sprint will take the time with you and walk you threw the new phone with you and not just take your cash and say next. lol... We will see how it gos tomorrow.
aaaaaaaaaaahahahaha dude...love that user name!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to PsyChoTk For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 09:46 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by godslunatk View Post

aaaaaaaaaaahahahaha dude...love that user name!!!!
hahahaah all of us old schoolers know all about the i930 through nextel and that brick hahaha
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 09:56 PM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahahaah all of us old schoolers know all about the i930 through nextel and that brick hahaha
god i hated that phone...lol

The Following User Says Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 09:59 PM

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

god i hated that phone...lol
hahaha me too but i sported it for arounf 5 months before i made the smart move and went to sprint and got my first ppc which was a weak one if i should say so myself and got the palm 700wx..... it was either that or the 6700 at the time
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 10:09 PM
The VenumX Factor

hahaha me too but i sported it for arounf 5 months before i made the smart move and went to sprint and got my first ppc which was a weak one if i should say so myself and got the palm 700wx..... it was either that or the 6700 at the time
6700 all the way!! hahaha soo good wm5 shits hott. someone needs to make a wm5 theme for 6.5 :P

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 10:53 PM

hehe I still have my 930 and I have no idea why. Unless I want to show it to my grandkids and talk about the good ole days.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PsyChoTk For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 10:56 PM

What? Then who the hell did I sell my Moto Q to?? I could have sworn I sold it to you. Either that or I'm getting too old.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:22 PM

What? Then who the hell did I sell my Moto Q to?? I could have sworn I sold it to you. Either that or I'm getting too old.
nope had a q but lasted for 2 days and got that one from ebay..... another blast from the past especially here could it have been lalo41 hahaha
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2009, 02:07 PM

nope had a q but lasted for 2 days and got that one from ebay..... another blast from the past especially here could it have been lalo41 hahaha
well......... It what that iamdashit19 kid or whatever his name was. he was a mod on smartmodz.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsyChoTk For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2009, 02:09 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by NINE'SICKS View Post

Original Thread on Engadget :

Code

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/06/04/sprint-and-palm-admit-that-they-dont-expect-wild-lines-for-pre/
posted Jun 4th 2009 at 12:22PM

It's hard to say what changed between May 20th and today (any ideas, Verizon / AT&T?), but it seems that Sprint's tone on the impending Pre launch has shifted just a bit. In a new report over at Bits, we're told that both Sprint and Palm are informing the public to not expect lengthy lines on launch day. Naturally, both firms are spinning this like it's a good thing, with Palm's Lynn Fox proclaiming that "[Palm's] not like Apple." Mark Elliott, a spokesman for Sprint, even went so far as to say that it was actually attempting to "manage the exact opposite" of long lines, noting that Sprint wanted "each customer to get the experience" rather than being rushed in and out. Honestly, the spin factor was most obvious when he outed this line: "[Success] is not about having a line out the door; it's about being able to treat each customer and make sure they're happy with their decision." Alrighty then.
Just came from a Sprint Corp. Store about an hour ago.. Store was packed and full of people walking out the door with their PRE's... Att and Apple's iPhone are an big trouble...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View I930 KING's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View I930 KING's Photo Album Add I930 KING's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yea the phone is old and thinking about changing my user name if i can since the phone is out of date.. but yea that was my 1st win mobile phone at the time. Yea i also hated that phone.. But at the time when i joined spj i had alto of them..
The Following User Says Thank You to I930 KING For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2009, 04:53 PM

“ Originally Posted by I930 KING View Post

yea the phone is old and thinking about changing my user name if i can since the phone is out of date.. but yea that was my 1st win mobile phone at the time. Yea i also hated that phone.. But at the time when i joined spj i had alto of them..
It's all good. Think of all the "war" stories you can tell the new kids on the site.

--------- New Post Merged on 6/6/2009 at 0555 --------

“ Originally Posted by 13iG Je\/\/ View Post

Just came from a Sprint Corp. Store about an hour ago.. Store was packed and full of people walking out the door with their PRE's... Att and Apple's iPhone are an big trouble...
Nice. My boss is getting one. He gets any new phone that comes out for FREE. I'm a little tired of shelling out for the same phone. But at least I'll get to play with his phone on Monday.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsyChoTk For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2009, 05:12 PM

well......... It what that iamdashit19 kid or whatever his name was. he was a mod on smartmodz.
word thats me than hahahaha i guess i bought it from you than
Old 06-06-2009, 06:39 PM

word thats me than hahahaha i guess i bought it from you than
Well that’s comforting to know I’m not losing my mind just yet. (I was like WTF!!?? Maybe I need to question my reality.)
The Following User Says Thank You to PsyChoTk For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2009, 06:48 PM

Well that’s comforting to know I’m not losing my mind just yet. (I was like WTF!!?? Maybe I need to question my reality.)
hahahahha maby you do lmao naw just messing and i have been there before trust me hahahaa
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
palm, sprint