Old 06-10-2009, 02:06 AM
Metalmayhem Metalmayhem is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Dont leave your phone Charging on the Counter

I've had my Touch Pro from Verizon since February but then in the last week or so, my phone would randomly get hot to the touch until the battery is pulled. So today I set my phone in the kitchen on the charger and then went to the front room to play some Call of Duty on the Xbox. After an hour or so, I noticed that the house was a little smoky so I got up and went to check outside to see if a fire was happening because I had all the windows open but to my surprise, no fires outside. After I stepped back into my house, I noticed the haze was still there but there was also a weird stench in the house as well. Right when I walked into the kitchen, there it was, in a flamming pile of plastic and silicon melted into my kitchen countertop. So I non chalantley walked over, unplugged the charger and took my cup of 7up and doused the fire out. After that, called Verizon customer care up and after 30 minutes of what I might assumed to be eyebrow raises throughtout the call center, they agree to give me a new TP on the house. The only resistance I had was that they wanted me to bring in a chunk of the phone for inspections but the phone was so melted into the counter that I would have to pop the counter off and bring it into the retail store, not happening!!! Moral of the story, dont piss off the phone by not giving it proper graphics acceleration drivers when there is a dedicated chip onboard.

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71224

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Metalmayhem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Dont leave your phone Charging on the Counter

Hi bro an wow whats this for real thats to bad hope you get a new i now my touch gets when charhing but this never seen of heart that before

grtz cyber weesje
moderator@spj

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2009, 02:33 AM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

This is wicked!

Dude, I would like make sure that your getting a new charger too!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2009, 02:44 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hahahaha that is great i can see it happening since i had the heat no matter what and having to pull the battery thing... it does get very warm and comes out of nowhere but can be fixed with asoft reset and never came back
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2009, 03:02 AM
SPJ Addict :)
Mobile Model: DaPrettiestTouchPro
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

Thanked 2,150 Times in 661 Posts

View littledaisy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View littledaisy's Photo Album Add littledaisy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahahaha that is great i can see it happening since i had the heat no matter what and having to pull the battery thing... it does get very warm and comes out of nowhere but can be fixed with asoft reset and never came back
hey this might happen to me someday..since i always have people over they always bring their laptops and im always stuck with having to turn my wmwifirouter on so that they can quench their thirst for facebook and all those other uselless places on the net...anywho..my phone ends up heating up quite a bit after about an hour..to the point where it wont even charge if i connect it to the charger cuz the battery is soo damn hot...anywho..this is a good lesson..im gonna start sending my friends over to starbucks

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
charging, counter, leave, phone