Old 06-11-2009, 08:56 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint Asurion Fraud !! Must read!!!

NOT MY ExPERIENCE!!!!!

Ok.... this afternoon about 1pm, I got a email from sprint saying my account was successfully updated. I said."huh"? The email ready my pin was successfully changed. So I called Sprint to ask them about it and they said someone called in and verbally requested a PIN change. She said the person knew my security answer and so they were allowed to go further and rest the pin to 555555. I said... "I never made a call and its a fraud". So. we did a new pin and a new security question. Then she said that its strange and she has never seen this happen. She advised me to keep an eye on my account for any suspicious activities. SO I figured its just a error on their system and thats it. She was about to hang up and I said.."BTW what my bill right now?" She said it was 278.87 I said "WHAT!". I said I just paid my usual 87.84 for 2 phones on SERO. 30+30+7+7+14 sales tax. She said... "Oh.. it just that you just entered your new months bill and this is the total. I said "It should be 87 like usual, whats the extra 200$ for? She said.... that a Asurion charge. I said. Asurion charge for what? She said that I made a claim on MAY 21 for my 2 lines. I said HUH!!!!!!!!!! I have my phones forever and never made a claim. Thats when the fun starts!!!!! SO anyways..... someone got my security question answer and with that they changed my PIN and with that they placed a order for 2 phones. SO now Asurion is gonna call me in 72 hours for questioning. Has anyone had this issue?

BTW.. i google it and found this over at SU and they had the same thing happen So I am not alone. EVERYONE ... look at your bills!!!!!!:twisted:

Code

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144983
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 06-11-2009, 09:06 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint Asurion Fraud !! Must read!!!

wow thats crazy now ima check my account

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2009, 09:07 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

wow thats crazy now ima check my account
yeah it is just checked mine and im clean
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint Asurion Fraud Must read

that is really jacked up.....people that do that are douches...........
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2009, 11:19 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

mannnn,you had my scared dash...I hoped on my sprint account and checked it out immediately and will monitor my account more closely now...I am even thinking about changing my pin now...how could this have happened, can u think of anyone who would know your pin dash...you gotta watch asurion read hard to...because my parents have an account with verizon and when ever they have phone issues they always call me...well let me tell you how my little sister who is under 18, called verizon up got transferred to asurion because she had an issue with her device and ordered a phone via insurance....now my parents were gonna take care of it himself over the phone and I just dont think some little kid should be able to call and order damn phones...so I called asurion on behalf of my father pissed off at this for my father because he never gave my sister permission to do this, and asurion said that they dont have to verify account information such as passwords or last 4 of socials all the person has to do is verify billing address, mobile number of phone replacement, and state their relationship and it can be cousin skeeter or buddy daniels for all they care...thats ridiculous I said...but believe it or not asurion is shaddy as hell in that nature....so watch all these slick companies...I am just waiting for a nice lawsuit to come up for me so I can make some money on these....let me shut my mouth!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2009, 12:55 AM

wasnt me i got from pccgeeks lmao
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2009, 01:14 AM
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View merdinh's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View merdinh's Photo Album Add merdinh's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yea this really sucks, i had this happen to me in December but it was through sprint, someone knew my secutity question, and ordered a Touch diamond, and a palm pre off my account, i called sprint it took about 2 weeks for them to track it down and find out that it was not me that placed the orders, and credited me back the charges, really strange how people are finding out these things, it can be anybody from any of the retailers like bestbuy, asurion, radioshack, walmart, all of them have access to sprint systems.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to merdinh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sucks when this kind of S**T happens. Thanks for the heads up though!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lordhelmet For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2009, 01:19 AM

“ Originally Posted by merdinh View Post

Yea this really sucks, i had this happen to me in December but it was through sprint, someone knew my secutity question, and ordered a Touch diamond, and a palm pre off my account, i called sprint it took about 2 weeks for them to track it down and find out that it was not me that placed the orders, and credited me back the charges, really strange how people are finding out these things, it can be anybody from any of the retailers like bestbuy, asurion, radioshack, walmart, all of them have access to sprint systems.
yup i got the letter in feb or march on that too saying it was internal through sprint and they found the person and fired them..... they should make the stores like the walmarts and best buys have to call to activate and do the whole works like the non corporate or sprint owned stores have to do .
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2009, 01:23 AM

View merdinh's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View merdinh's Photo Album Add merdinh's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yup i got the letter in feb or march on that too saying it was internal through sprint and they found the person and fired them..... they should make the stores like the walmarts and best buys have to call to activate and do the whole works like the non corporate or sprint owned stores have to do .
I dont believe its just one person, these ba$tard$ are all over the place, and yea i agree on that call in activation.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to merdinh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2009, 07:48 AM
aka phillyboi6829
Mobile Model: Josue TOUCHpro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View streetnExx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View streetnExx's Photo Album Add streetnExx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wow that sucks, i think that people should change there pin every six months. just to make everything more secure

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to streetnExx For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Damn D/\sh that wild... thanks for the heads gotta look into this now!

The Following User Says Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Mobile Model: tmobile wing
Mobile Carrier: tmobile

View jdep1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jdep1's Photo Album Add jdep1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well i dnt have sprint but fraud could happen to anyone. Funny story about a month ago my local news did a report on Sprint because they where getting too many fraud complains. Sprint protected there employees by not leting them get interview & the news reporters were not able to go in the call center. The thing is that we have a sprint call center here where i live & HONESTLY i think it is internal because the employees get started @ 7.50hr to me that is a joke i use to work for at&t where the pay starts around 15 & up depending on experience.. beside Sprint over here hires anybody
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdep1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola DROID
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: Android

View angiekay's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View angiekay's Photo Album Add angiekay's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

seriously? I can't believe that "hacking" has come to this point! They just don't stop with robbing your identity or taking whatever they can!!!!

Sorry this happened to you dear, but glad you are getting it worked out! Keep us posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to angiekay For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2009, 12:06 PM

“ Originally Posted by angiekay View Post

seriously? I can't believe that "hacking" has come to this point! They just don't stop with robbing your identity or taking whatever they can!!!!

Sorry this happened to you dear, but glad you are getting it worked out! Keep us posted.
im going to edit the first post sicne this didnt happen to me... happened to me with sprint back in feb. and had a phone ordered on my accoutn and went the same way with the text message and all but got all sorted out easily and stress free with sprint.... making that edit to the firsdt psot and thanks for caring angie
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
asurion, fraud, read, sprint