ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Apple iPhone 3GS info

By ICEM/\N of Smartphonejunkie

Apple has just unveiled the highly anticipated latest version of their globally successful iPhone, the iPhone 3GS. The new iPhone 3GS, according to Apple, will be available on June 19, 2009. They will be available in memory sizes of 16GB and 32GB. They will maintain the exact exterior design as the current iPhone 3G models but they will come packed with some new features including a 3.0 autofocus megapixel camera, camcorder, voice control functions, compass, longer battery life, and improved device performance. The current iPhone 3G which were at contract term prices of $199 for the 8GB and $299 for the 16GB will see a drop for the 8GB down to just $99. Apple did not indicate prices for the current 16GB iPhone 3G devices still available at many retailers but I did check and see that Best Buy and AT&T are both selling the remaining stock of the 16GB iPhone 3G for just $149.99. The new iPhone 3GS will have the 16GB priced at just $199 and the 32GB priced at $299 for AT&T customers who are eligible for an upgrade or any new subscribers. The pricing for all existing AT&T customer to early upgrade to these devices are priced at $399 & $499 for the latter.
Apple has also announced their release date for their newest software update for the iPhone and iPod Touch models labeled “3.0,” which will be available for download starting June 17th and it will be free for current iPhone users and just $9.95 for current iPod Touch users. The software upgrade is really more of an important upgrade to the iPhone 3G as it will enable many features that some have argued the iPhone should have initially already had, such as being able to copy & paste, send & receive multimedia messages (MMS), access a landscape keyboard through all keyboard options of the phone, and finally enabling stereo Bluetooth for the many who would prefer to use wireless headphones to listen to their music and movie audio. The iPhone will also now be capable of tethering, which will allow your computer to harness the 3G network on your phone to access the internet. The MMS and tethering services will not be available for iPhone users right away but has been set for late summer.
These are 2 very significant things that will be available by next week and I am thrilled and anxious to try them both out.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2009, 12:02 AM
ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Apple iPhone 3GS info

I have already mentioned this I just wanted to do a fullout more professional article...as I am trying to perfect my craft...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

very nicely written ice, you had the flow going great and didnt jump around with your thoughts. your getting pretty damn good and i actually read it since you didnt butter coat it to make it longer. A+
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2009, 03:29 AM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I concur with Dash, you write well.

Was wondering if you were going to do an update, with any new info that's come out in the last couple of days to add in. There was some confusion about existing 3G users having to pay more that folks that had the original. I'm guessing it's definitely dependent upon your contract term. I've read some of the TUAW stuff and it looks like ATT has a lock on messing with their customers, IMO.
I had a customer of mine say something about a text message that he got and that as a prepaid user, he has to get a contract "or else". Not sure what that's all about. Something about losing quality of data transfer.

In any case, great work. Where will you be publishing? Do you have a stand alone iPhone site that you work with too?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
3gs, apple, info, iphone