ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Palm Pre App Catalog to Reach 1 Million Downloads by End of Week

The Palm Pre app store, the Application catalog has served 800,000 apps in all as of June 20, 150,000 of them were downloaded to customers on the first day of sale of the Palm Pre.

At the rate of about 46,700 Pre app downloads a day the App Catalog reach1 million download mark by the end of this week.

18 apps were available at launch from the app catalog and presently there are 30 applications. The Palm Pre is the second phone to be launched with an app store at time of launch. The only other phone was the HTC Dream aka T-Mobile G1.

The iPhone App store didn’t launch until months after the launch of the first iPhone.

The Software Development Kit for webOS will be coming out later this summer which opens up the playing field for more apps.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Palm Pre App Catalog to Reach 1 Million Downloads by End of Week

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

The Palm Pre app store, the Application catalog has served 800,000 apps in all as of June 20, 150,000 of them were downloaded to customers on the first day of sale of the Palm Pre.

At the rate of about 46,700 Pre app downloads a day the App Catalog reach1 million download mark by the end of this week.

18 apps were available at launch from the app catalog and presently there are 30 applications. The Palm Pre is the second phone to be launched with an app store at time of launch. The only other phone was the HTC Dream aka T-Mobile G1.

The iPhone App store didn’t launch until months after the launch of the first iPhone.

The Software Development Kit for webOS will be coming out later this summer which opens up the playing field for more apps.

this is great news and proving that the pre is going to be a force to be reckoned with... and when there is more competition that only means better things for us trhe consumers to see since they are going to be outcompeting eachother
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 01:57 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have customers tellin my iphone has OVER 60000 APPS all the time and i just look at them and im like...you're gonna put 60,000 apps on your iphone? They obviously say no and then im like well then why you need 60,000 apps if the 12 that you actually download are the ones on the palm pre store and also the iphone didnt ship with the store so pre is already 1 up on iphone. B*TCHES :P

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

i have customers tellin my iphone has OVER 60000 APPS all the time and i just look at them and im like...you're gonna put 60,000 apps on your iphone? They obviously say no and then im like well then why you need 60,000 apps if the 12 that you actually download are the ones on the palm pre store and also the iphone didnt ship with the store so pre is already 1 up on iphone. B*TCHES :P
for sure venum and than they prolly look ast you with a blank face like damn i have nothing to come back on with that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 11:43 PM
ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

come on venum...I was with you until the app store shipping out with device part....I mean was there even any mobile device with a viable app store when Apple released theirs....lol...ahhhh noooo....I mean even verizon is creating their own app store for non smartphones...lol...after the apple app store came, blackberry, windows, pre....I mean the pre just came out after app stores showed by apple seemed to be a must for a smartphone to succeed at a great level as we can see by the sales of iphones...lol....so the last statement is not even relevant seeing as the iphone came out back in 2007 before an app store was almost a level of necessity which apple made it....I don't like to always stand up for apple lol...but I will always speak up if someone is making a comment that needs refuting...lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
app, catalog, downloads, end, million, palm, pre, reach, week