Old 06-24-2009, 07:01 AM
jr5416 jr5416 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Nextgen TF3D Sense presented at London today

First available on the Android-based HTC Hero, but according to HTC German press release today "also available soon across the whole portfolio of all new HTC phones"

Code

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiU3v_VLmcY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiU3v_VLmcY
"HTC Hero is the world’s first Android-based phone with a
customized user interface

HTC Sense to be integrated across a portfolio of
phones beginning with HTC Hero

LONDON – June 24, 2009 – HTC Corporation, a global designer of mobile phones, today debuted HTC Sense™, an intuitive and seamless experience that will be introduced across a portfolio of phones beginning with the new HTC Hero™. With its distinct design and powerful capabilities fully integrated with HTC Sense, Hero introduces a unique blend of form and function that takes Android to new heights.
HTC Sense is focused on putting people at the centre, by making your phone work in a more simple and natural way. This experience revolves around three fundamental principles that were designed by quietly observing and listening to how people live and communicate.
‘HTC Hero introduces a more natural way for reaching out to people and accessing your important information, not by following the status quo of today’s phones, but by following how you communicate and live your life,’ said Peter Chou, Chief Executive Officer, HTC Corporation. ”HTC Sense is a distinct experience created to make HTC phones more simple for people to use, leaving them saying, “it just makes sense.”’
HTC Hero
HTC Hero continues HTC’s leadership in cutting-edge design that focuses on introducing a variety of distinct devices to represent your own individuality. Boasting bevelled edges and an angled bottom, the HTC Hero is contoured to fit comfortably in your hand and against your face while you’re on a call. The HTC Hero is built to last, beginning with an anti-fingerprint screen coating for improved smudge-resistance and a longer-lasting, clearer display. The white HTC Hero includes an industry-first, Teflon coating, resulting in an improved, durable white surface that is soft to the touch.
With its 3.2-inch HVGA display, the HTC Hero is optimized for Web, multimedia and other content, while maintaining a small size and weight that fits comfortably in your hand. It also boasts a broad variety of hardware features including AGPS, digital compass, gravity-sensor, 3.5mm stereo headset jack, a five mega-pixel autofocus camera and expandable MicroSD memory. HTC Hero also includes a dedicated Search button that goes beyond basic search, providing you with a more natural, contextual search experience that enables you to search through Twitter, locate people in your contact list, find emails in your inbox or search in any other area in Hero.

HTC Sense
Built on a culture of innovation and a passion to enhance people’s lives, HTC shapes the mobile experience around the individual. Debuting on the HTC Hero and available on all new HTC devices moving forward, Sense delivers on three basic principles: Make it Mine, Stay Close and Discover the Unexpected.

Make It Mine
Make It Mine is about feeling your HTC phone was created for and by you. To do this, HTC encourages you to dictate and organize how you want to access the people and content in your life in a way that fits best for you. For some, this means adding glance-view widgets that push content like twitter feeds, weather and other content to the surface while others may want quick access to business-focused information like email, calendar and world-times. HTC is also introducing a new profile feature called ‘Scenes’ that enables you to create different customized content profiles around specific functions or times in your life.

Stay Close
Today, staying in touch with the people in your life means managing a variety of communication channels and applications ranging from phone calls, emails, texts, photos, status updates and more. HTC Sense takes a different approach by integrating these communication channels and applications into one single view, enabling you to stay closer to your important people. With HTC Sense, friends’ Facebook status updates and photos, along with their Flickr photos are included alongside their text messages, emails and call history in a single view.

Discover the Unexpected
Many of the most memorable moments in your life are experienced, not explained. HTC Sense is focused on providing a variety of these simple yet innovative experiences on your HTC phone that will sometimes bring you moments of joy and delight. It can be something as basic as turning the phone over to silence a ring or as simple as improving the smart dialler for making calls quicker. HTC Sense also includes ‘Perspectives’, a new way for viewing your content such as email, photos, Twitter, music and more in different ways.

Availability
The HTC Hero will be available to people across Europe in July and in Asia later in the summer. A distinct North American version will be available later in 2009."

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 10:07 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC Hero UI looks amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDDOBZyRXn0

Code

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=5239

HOLY Sh!T!!!!!!!! HTC does it again!!!! Android looks awesome with the HTC touchup just like they did with WM and TF3D!! Beautiful UI with a beaitiful OS........

If this comes to Sprint = bye bye Pre in a heartbeat

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 10:17 AM
aka phillyboi6829
Mobile Model: Josue TOUCHpro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View streetnExx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View streetnExx's Photo Album Add streetnExx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Hero UI looks amazing

hahahah ua i was just looking at it. i totally agree with you. if the phone comes to sprint bye bye PRE

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to streetnExx For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

HE BRO LOOKS REALY NICE THINK JR HAS THE SAME THREAD

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=187830

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 10:29 AM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yooo that is hot i would def go with that.Previously i didn't like the way android look, but i see htc took it to the next level and i dig it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 10:31 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this is exactly why i wanted HTC to focus more on android till WM7, cmon do you see how awesome the OS and HTC's makeover go together??? everything is so fluid and smooth without having to worry about popping into the standard non finger-friendly WM screens

ME.....WANT.....THIS!!!! (i tend to overreact lol)

any word when and where it will hit carriers here in the US??? I seriouslly think im gonna dump my future Pre for this if it comes soon...

@weesje

ill merge the threads in a minute, thanx for the heads up

EDIT: threads merged

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 10:33 AM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

this is exactly why i wanted HTC to focus more on android till WM7, cmon do you see how awesome the OS and HTC's makeover go together??? everything is so fluid and smooth without having to worry about popping into the standard non finger-friendly WM screens

ME.....WANT.....THIS!!!! (i tend to overreact lol)

any word when and where it will hit carriers here in the US??? I seriouslly think im gonna dump my future Pre for this if it comes soon...

@weesje

ill merge the threads in a minute, thanx for the heads up

i hope some one can dump that rom.I will look into putting it to the pro.But i hope the compatibility is the same.I mean the hardware.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

i hope some one can dump that rom.I will look into putting it to the pro.But i hope the compatibility is the same.I mean the hardware.
the problem is since its android and pple have had so much trouble porting it so far the chances might be slim, we will see though

but the G1 users will have a field day cuz they will enjoy this b4 we do

EDIT: it comes with the latest flash built in and multitouch support...... damn you HTC, you heard i left you and came with a vengance...

Code

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/devices/articles/htchero.html

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDDOBZyRXn0

Code

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=5239
HOLY Sh!T!!!!!!!! HTC does it again!!!! Android looks awesome with the HTC touchup just like they did with WM and TF3D!! Beautiful UI with a beaitiful OS........

If this comes to Sprint = bye bye Pre in a heartbeat

“ Originally Posted by streetnExx View Post

hahahah ua i was just looking at it. i totally agree with you. if the phone comes to sprint bye bye PRE
im going to go against the rest of you asnd rock the boat a little bit.... odesnt look like anything special to me too tell the truth.... android is android and didnt really ever catch my full attention or in that fact attention of many other with initial release app wise and all.... but anyways i feel that the pre will be a better device with more to offer and will prolly be sticking with that.... android just aint rmy cup of coffee imo
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 12:33 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

im going to go against the rest of you asnd rock the boat a little bit.... odesnt look like anything special to me too tell the truth.... android is android and didnt really ever catch my full attention or in that fact attention of many other with initial release app wise and all.... but anyways i feel that the pre will be a better device with more to offer and will prolly be sticking with that.... android just aint rmy cup of coffee imo

lol..i feel ya brotha i was never a fan of android but after seeing what htc did to integrate all of those features, i feel that it's worth to tried them out.

Anyone can read here for the compatibility between the os in the mobile phones.

Code

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/306505/smartphone_os_smackdown_webos_vs_world?pp=1&fp=4194304&fpid=1

The Following User Says Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 12:37 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Damn dash I have to agree with you on some of that. I have the Pre and Tp and I like how nice the Pre is and works and the multi-touch is nice the res is even more nice, BUT I still find myself reverting back to my pro for stuff the Pre just cant do....yet. This HTC Hero DOES look really nice, don't get me wrong..but the fact that it's android throws me off a little. If we could get that on Winmo..and I'm sure we can and will...then I would be all over it. Android just isn't make cup of coffee either...my wife has android and it's kinda lame honestly and everyday she just wishes she had either of my phones, lol.. So for all the Android lovers out there...this is great...for me...mehh it's ok...it looks really good..but I am willing to bet that any new HTC to come in future will be just as good and better in most cases. I would love to get that on my tp and play with it, but me going to Android won't be happening until I am further convinced. Nice post tjo and thanx for sharing! It's a good looking interface for sure...I'm not taking anything away from it..just laking Windows is all I'm saying..lol..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 12:59 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

well as a former android user (and possibly future after this) it has a bright future and its well put together. the app store is bringing a lot of developers interest as well as some great useful apps to play with with the numbers rapidly growing, and the beauty of it is that its open source so freedom comes hand in hand. ROM flashing is very well possible and quite common now as well as the wide range of customization like Winmo offers (this video is a perfect example) all in a polished, smooth, finger friendly OS, all powered by Google, and fully backed up by HTC so its defenetly gonna be a winner, if not already. Whats best about this device is that HTC's addons and Android go better together than Winmo IMHO because they focus on making the OS even better and adding new features rather than try to hide the OS to not kill the user experience by seeing the default WM text screen, contact app, calendar etc.

Now as a long time WM user and supporter i gotta say that im tired if it and fully support Android as well as WebOS till M$ gets off their a$$es and do something before they go straight to the ground

Its fully understandible if its not anybodies cup of tea because to all their own but IMO with WM im not living a lie anymore

Old 06-24-2009, 01:25 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well as a former android user (and possibly future after this) it has a bright future and its well put together. the app store is bringing a lot of developers interest as well as some great useful apps to play with with the numbers rapidly growing, and the beauty of it is that its open source so freedom comes hand in hand. ROM flashing is very well possible and quite common now as well as the wide range of customization like Winmo offers (this video is a perfect example) all in a polished, smooth, finger friendly OS, all powered by Google, and fully backed up by HTC so its defenetly gonna be a winner, if not already. Whats best about this device is that HTC's addons and Android go better together than Winmo IMHO because they focus on making the OS even better and adding new features rather than try to hide the OS to not kill the user experience by seeing the default WM text screen, contact app, calendar etc.

Now as a long time WM user and supporter i gotta say that im tired if it and fully support Android as well as WebOS till M$ gets off their a$$es and do something before they go straight to the ground

Its fully understandible if its not anybodies cup of tea because to all their own but IMO with WM im not living a lie anymore

word and see i love the debate feature because thats when we get people finding new info and sharing opinions i agree with you on that too mike, with these different os's coming out its stirring a lot of users and giving everyone a choice of what they like which is cool, i feel that webos, windows, iphone, android, etc all competing is not only good for the economy but also good for all smartphone users
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 06:34 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

word and see i love the debate feature because thats when we get people finding new info and sharing opinions i agree with you on that too mike, with these different os's coming out its stirring a lot of users and giving everyone a choice of what they like which is cool, i feel that webos, windows, iphone, android, etc all competing is not only good for the economy but also good for all smartphone users
word bro, debating is half the fun here. but seriouslly, ima bout to go nutz wit deez choices lol

Old 06-24-2009, 07:25 PM

word bro, debating is half the fun here. but seriouslly, ima bout to go nutz wit deez choices lol
word, i love the choices since i will be getting all of these sent to me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Mobile Model: tmobile wing
Mobile Carrier: tmobile

View jdep1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jdep1's Photo Album Add jdep1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i love the UI! it looks like touch flo3d with a BIG improvement of course its android. by the way there is better videos of the device on youtube the htc channel. my server is running slow so i cldnt post the links but they got great reviews
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdep1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Mobile Model: Palm Pre

View TheSignor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TheSignor's Photo Album Add TheSignor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Dang. I'm not really a fan of Android. I can see where people might watch that Demo and go wild with excitement but it really just kinda turned me off. To me it mimicked everything that I can't stand about a "desktop" and not what I love. I just have a hard time nailing down exactly what I don't like about Android's UI. Its a shame because I absolutely love HTC and if they decide to come out with more winmo phones I'll be all eyes.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Worlds BEST site spj.com
Mobile Model: Vogue WinMo 6.5
Mobile Carrier: Sprint WinMo 6.5
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,070 Times in 269 Posts

View thermus's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thermus's Photo Album Add thermus's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

In line with expectations, HTC have officially announced their new Android powered smartphone, the HTC Hero - the third Android based smartphone from HTC - and, interestingly, it’s also been confirmed that Orange UK will serve as the launch carrier.

The HTC Hero sports a 3.2″ touchscreen display offering 320 x 480 resolution boasting a fingerprint resistant coating to keep those unsightly smears to a minimum and as well as offering GSM and HSDPA connectivity the HTC Hero comes with Wi-Fi, integrated GPS, Google integration(naturally - this is an Android phone after all) as well as a 5 megapixel camera and microSD memory card support.

An additional highlight which is causing somewhat of a stir comes in the form of HTC’s new HTC Sense UI which, if its presense on the Hero is anything to go by, appears to be set to supersede HTC’s TouchFLO 3D UI - though, obviously, time will tell as to whether TouchFLO has indeed been cast aside (already).

As far as Orange UK is concerned, reports suggest that the HTC Hero will be offered from early July and, interestingly,will be offered for free on a number of as yet unspecified price plans. (I am moving to the uk to get a free one lol)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thermus For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
amazing, hero, htc