Post New ThreadReply

Old 06-25-2009, 03:08 PM
suka4luv suka4luv is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC diamond (alltel)
Mobile Carrier: verizon
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View suka4luv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View suka4luv's Photo Album Add suka4luv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
need advice thank you

ok heres the deal i have the vogue alltel want the pro, i was thinking what would happen if i lost my phone for a week or couple of days, hopefully i would get pro on insurance claim! then i was to find my phone in a week or 2 would i get in trouble for that or is that just wrong to do? want to give vogue to my hunny u dig what i am saying. get back at me thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to suka4luv For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: need advice thank you

“ Originally Posted by suka4luv View Post

ok heres the deal i have the vogue alltel want the pro, i was thinking what would happen if i lost my phone for a week or couple of days, hopefully i would get pro on insurance claim! then i was to find my phone in a week or 2 would i get in trouble for that or is that just wrong to do? want to give vogue to my hunny u dig what i am saying. get back at me thanks
well here is my input bro first off ur not gonna get a touch pro ull prolli get a diamond if u had the mogul ud get the pro ,and i dont think its a good idea that u give the supposibly stolen phone to ur wife as they might find out since its still gonna have the same esn number and all.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 03:18 PM

View suka4luv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View suka4luv's Photo Album Add suka4luv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lost phone not stolen i am going to lose the phone. going to tell insurance i lost the phone not stolen, lost the phone misplaced not stolen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suka4luv For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 03:21 PM

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lost phone not stolen i am going to lose the phone. going to tell insurance i lost the phone not stolen, lost the phone misplaced not stolen.
Either way your not gonna get a touch pro bro ive heard stories of members getting a diamond for a touch but thats as far as ull get ,and if ur trying to act like its losed i guess dont activated for a while im sure ull get caught but maybe u have better luck then me so all i can say is try .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 03:26 PM

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Either way your not gonna get a touch pro bro ive heard stories of members getting a diamond for a touch but thats as far as ull get ,and if ur trying to act like its losed i guess dont activated for a while im sure ull get caught but maybe u have better luck then me so all i can say is try .
diamond is cool! thanks N E 1 else have an opinion thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suka4luv For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 03:31 PM

Yup cant go wrong with a diamond sure its way better then the touch dont forget to thank members if the helped bro we take our time to help the least u can do is thank.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 03:58 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

if you get lucky you could get away with it. dont report it stolen to sprint. just asurion.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 05:04 PM

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

if you get lucky you could get away with it. dont report it stolen to sprint. just asurion.
not stolen lost mane, its from alltel

Old 06-25-2009, 06:18 PM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Regardless of whether or not it is lost or stolen, if you "find" it later, you won't be able to use it. When you file the claim with Asurion, you will be told that if it does resurface later, you will have to send it in. If you don't, you won't be able to use it since it's in the system as stolen. And Asurion will be alerted to the fact that someone tried to activate it. Been there, done that. However, if a significant amount of time (months, not days) passes and then you "find" it, you might get away with it if you have a local store that knows you. Had a similar issue with daughter's phone. When we reported it, we had no idea of where it was. After receiving the replacement, a couple of months passed, and she found it in her room. A few months later, I needed a backup and tried to use it, they said I couldn't, explained to them at the store that it was me that reported it, and they said yeah, and they were able to remove the block and let me use it. Not saying this will work for you, but it might. Bear in mind that it will take some time to do though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by gadget945 View Post

Regardless of whether or not it is lost or stolen, if you "find" it later, you won't be able to use it. When you file the claim with Asurion, you will be told that if it does resurface later, you will have to send it in. If you don't, you won't be able to use it since it's in the system as stolen. And Asurion will be alerted to the fact that someone tried to activate it. Been there, done that. However, if a significant amount of time (months, not days) passes and then you "find" it, you might get away with it if you have a local store that knows you. Had a similar issue with daughter's phone. When we reported it, we had no idea of where it was. After receiving the replacement, a couple of months passed, and she found it in her room. A few months later, I needed a backup and tried to use it, they said I couldn't, explained to them at the store that it was me that reported it, and they said yeah, and they were able to remove the block and let me use it. Not saying this will work for you, but it might. Bear in mind that it will take some time to do though.
exactly i was thinking the same thing since lost or stolen still gets the phone flagged as not being able to be used.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2009, 06:49 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

exactly i was thinking the same thing since lost or stolen still gets the phone flagged as not being able to be used.
Agreed and Agreed with JR about getting a Diamond as apposed to a TP. Goodluck... phone will be flagged.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 12:42 AM

why ya′ll gotta pee on my party mane damn it sound good when i thought about it though thanks spjs

Old 06-26-2009, 12:59 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

why ya′ll gotta pee on my party mane damn it sound good when i thought about it though thanks spjs

hahah word and the providers thought of it before you... if you were gsm you would ahve no troubles doing so.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:23 AM
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

does sprint now replace htc vogue with diamond? or is it still a vogue replacement?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 01:29 AM

“ Originally Posted by Kiit408 View Post

does sprint now replace htc vogue with diamond? or is it still a vogue replacement?
still vogue as of earlier today.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 01:59 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul and Touch Pro

View kr1m3boss's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kr1m3boss's Photo Album Add kr1m3boss's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

My take on this well a couple of months ago i lost my mogul in a club well i thought i lost it anyways, so the next day i called a reported it lost, with my insurance they sent me a touch pro. but like maybe a week or so when i was at the car wash, cleanin the inside of my car i found my mogul inside the seats and the battery dead. so i charged it up and went to thr sprint store and added another line with it for my lil bro with no problem. honestly i dont kno wat happened maybe it was jus luck, but they activated it with no problem.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kr1m3boss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 02:00 AM

“ Originally Posted by kr1m3boss View Post

My take on this well a couple of months ago i lost my mogul in a club well i thought i lost it anyways, so the next day i called a reported it lost, with my insurance they sent me a touch pro. but like maybe a week or so when i was at the car wash, cleanin the inside of my car i found my mogul inside the seats and the battery dead. so i charged it up and went to thr sprint store and added another line with it for my lil bro with no problem. honestly i dont kno wat happened maybe it was jus luck, but they activated it with no problem.
wow you prolly got lucky never heard of it happening before to tell the truth...... did you go through just asurion or did you contact sprint also?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 02:06 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul and Touch Pro

View kr1m3boss's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kr1m3boss's Photo Album Add kr1m3boss's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Dash when I lost it I contactd sprint for them to suspend the service until I got my new phone, then I called asurion to make my claim
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kr1m3boss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 02:15 AM

“ Originally Posted by kr1m3boss View Post

Dash when I lost it I contactd sprint for them to suspend the service until I got my new phone, then I called asurion to make my claim
huh someone made a big booboo on sprints side than sicne once it is claimed as lost or stolen its supposed toget flagged and the esn is than declared dirty....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 02:44 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

huh someone made a big booboo on sprints side than sicne once it is claimed as lost or stolen its supposed toget flagged and the esn is than declared dirty....
ok so krim3boss' situation is a weird one ive never heard of it happening before; however I have heard of multiple occasions where the person calls asurion directly to make a claim and they tell them that they already told sprint it was lost/stolen even though they didnt already tell sprint. Once they got their new device they waited a few months and Asurion never flagged it as lost/stolen. This is at least 10 people that I have activated the phone for after they did all this. I have also heard stories where Asurion flags it even though someone tells them they already told sprint. So it could really go either way. If you know a rep that works for sprint they can take the lost/stolen tag off the phone as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 02:48 AM
My Phone Is Black

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

how do you check wat gets replaced for wat??? when you call insurance that is...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 02:51 AM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

how do you check wat gets replaced for wat??? when you call insurance that is...
They will tell you what you are gonna get , more than likely in your case since you have a Touch is would be for a Diamond.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 02:54 AM
My Phone Is Black

recommend diamond????...

besides that i got a story too... shoot ya'll aint the only ones lol...

so my girls sister... pause.... get that... ok.... well she had a problem and went into one of those tech shops sprint has in certain areas and they replaced her phone free of charge... does this happen rarely or often???
Old 06-26-2009, 02:58 AM

recommend diamond????...

so my girls sister... pause.... get that... ok.... well she had a problem and went into one of those tech shops sprint has in certain areas and they replaced her phone free of charge... does this happen rarely or often???

yeah they have to if you have insurance on your device.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:01 AM
My Phone Is Black

the reason i ask is cause they sent a letter to all sprint customers about making smart phones 100 bucks to replace... so do you guys think maybe if i go into a tech spot and told them to replace they'll do it for free?? cause my dam phones screen i think dented in cause of guitar hero... lol... it wouldnt' recognize the touch... lol... and plus my dam magnet on my hip case made a wave look on my screen in the light you can see it... so do you think they'll do it for free?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:03 AM

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

recommend diamond????...

If you liked your Touch you will love the Diamond then !!!! Good phone I had one for a while

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 03:09 AM
My Phone Is Black

and you switched it out for a????? lol.... i love my touch especially for the diamond look with the big screen... CANT WAIT FOR TOUCH DIAMOND and PRO 2!!!! big screen and all... but idk... i love my phone... a brick look but big screen... but i tested out the diamond at the sprint store and it looked kinda slow are they all like that?

one more thing how do i change the JR Member link... lol...
Old 06-26-2009, 03:19 AM

and you switched it out for a????? lol.... i love my touch especially for the diamond look with the big screen... CANT WAIT FOR TOUCH DIAMOND and PRO 2!!!! big screen and all... but idk... i love my phone... a brick look but big screen... but i tested out the diamond at the sprint store and it looked kinda slow are they all like that?

you have to get more posts to get rid of the junior member tag and the diamond is wayyyy faster than the vogue and has a faster processor....... you just need a custom rom on the beast like all other wm devices.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:20 AM

Lmao that will change when you have earned it threw time an posts. Um yeah it seems slow cause it is running on a stock Sprint rom. Flash off it an the phone will run how it is made too lol

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 03:33 AM
My Phone Is Black

i have like all types of like cabs that i forgot i even downloaded... do you think the cabs that are on my memory card i should delete and do all over?... will if speed up my phone at all?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:38 AM

i have like all types of like cabs that i forgot i even downloaded... do you think the cabs that are on my memory card i should delete and do all over?... will if speed up my phone at all?
it will speed it up a little.... i never keep stuff on my card that i am not using anymore... thus the miracles of storing on external hard drive and thus my big ass cab packages
Old 06-26-2009, 03:53 AM
My Phone Is Black

will it be smart to hard reset or reflash?...
Old 06-26-2009, 03:55 AM

will it be smart to hard reset or reflash?...
no you wont have to but keep the threads on topic of the title so they dont go everywhere making info hard to find when using the search feature... if you have a question on a topic search for it too since chances are it has been answered and if not post it up in the correct area liek the help desk if not an app question or in the apps thread if it is.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:42 AM

nice thanks guys

Old 08-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Mobile Model: Blackberry Curve
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile

View tehanna's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tehanna's Photo Album Add tehanna's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I used to work for ATT, here's the deal after the phone is claimed as stolen the IMEI is locked out forever, no one is ever allowed to use that IMEI ever again. First of all yes you will get in trouble even if you were able to do it, and second, you can't do it. If insurance claims were that weak and easy to find a loop hole, don't you think everyone would do the same as you?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tehanna For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2009, 02:58 PM

“ Originally Posted by tehanna View Post

I used to work for ATT, here's the deal after the phone is claimed as stolen the IMEI is locked out forever, no one is ever allowed to use that IMEI ever again. First of all yes you will get in trouble even if you were able to do it, and second, you can't do it. If insurance claims were that weak and easy to find a loop hole, don't you think everyone would do the same as you?
well cdma and gsm are a little different..... with a gsm phone even if lsot or stolen can still be used, you jsut cant place insurance on the device.... with cdma when it is claimed as lost or stolen you can use the device as a day planner but thats it sicneit cant even be activated period unless then umbers are freed byu the carrier themselves...... nice to see you around the boards active participating in the forums the correct way with usseful posts.... thanks for doing that correctly adn love to see your opinions on these topics and get debates and talk going..... hopefully you will keep it up and the ladies here will lvoe to see another fellow girl on the board take care.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 08:10 PM
bigchico68
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

View bigchico68's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigchico68's Photo Album Add bigchico68's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well if your phone is lost then you can't return the phone to insurance when normally for like a damaged phone they would require you too. So no you wouldn't get in trouble, however it is insurance fraud and morally wrong, but if that doesn't matter to your conscience, then you are good to go. I wont tell. LOL!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
advice