ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Microsofts Pink smartphone to be Microsoft-branded

Microsoft's "Pink" smartphone to be Microsoft-branded?

by Nilay Patel

“ Quote ”

Ready for even more rumors about Windows Mobile 7 and Microsoft's mysterious "Pink" smartphone project? Good, cause we've got a few -- and the first is potentially huge. ZDNet's Mary Jo Foley says her best understanding of "Pink" is now that it's a Microsoft-branded phone running a custom UI on top of Windows Mobile 7, developed by what's left of the Danger team and targeted at the Sidekick market. Yep, Microsoft-branded -- as in, the exact thing Microsoft has been denying for ages now. What's more, Redmond wouldn't be letting third parties use this new UI -- Pink would be manufactured only by Sharp or Motorola, who've made Sidekicks in the past. It all makes sense, even if it does feel a bit like MS is knifing its partners in the back -- companies like HTC and Samsung have been equally aggressive in layering their own UIs like TouchFLO 3D and TouchWiz on top of WinMo, but it's another thing entirely to compete against Microsoft itself, especially now that AdWeek says Microsoft's selected an agency to develop a Pink ad campaign. Yeah, things are starting to get a little wild -- we haven't even mentioned the open questions of whether the Zune HD is running Tegra because it's based on Windows Mobile 7 Chassis 1, or whether Pink will launch on Verizon, or whether Zune will appear on other phones, or... you get the idea. Hey Microsoft -- you want to clear any of this up by shipping some products?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 12:29 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Microsofts Pink smartphone to be Microsoft-branded

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

Microsoft's "Pink" smartphone to be Microsoft-branded?

by Nilay Patel
interesting, too bad the entire UI will be ported to another phone before this phone even comes out hahahahah

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i feel that this will actually be a good move since they added the key words of marketing. its going to add competiton without bankrupting anyone which means better devices at better prices for us the consumer i would be stoked to see this drop.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Mobile Model: Palm Pre

View TheSignor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TheSignor's Photo Album Add TheSignor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I am one of those few who wanted to see a Zune phone. I know, don't judge me. After looking at the ZuneHD, imagining that as a phone is pretty sexy, however it would have needed to add a hardware keyboard to get my money which they wouldn't have done anyway. Oh well, I'm sure me and the 5 other dudes who would have bought it would have enjoyed it.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TheSignor For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 03:06 AM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Looks like it's running titanium to me, lol, damn I would expect more from Microsoft, lol.. Hey I would be stoked if they released a phone... MAYBE it would SHUT APPLE THE **** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
microsoftbranded, microsofts, pink, smartphone