Old 07-06-2009, 12:22 PM
V I P V I P is offline   Thread Starter  
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Idea for Site change

I've been thinking....after spending a lot of time on facebook and getting used to it's layout, I think that it would be pretty cool if some of the options would be implemented here at SPJ. For instance....the option to hide specific forums would be great. I don't have an iphone or an android (for example) and it would save me time if I didn't have to look through those forums while I am checking out the most recent posts. Just an idea.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to V I P For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 12:36 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Idea for Site change

“ Originally Posted by V I P View Post

I've been thinking....after spending a lot of time on facebook and getting used to it's layout, I think that it would be pretty cool if some of the options would be implemented here at SPJ. For instance....the option to hide specific forums would be great. I don't have an iphone or an android (for example) and it would save me time if I didn't have to look through those forums while I am checking out the most recent posts. Just an idea.
this would have to go through PB but i can start looking for hacks and post stuff i find, thanks for the input!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 01:17 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by V I P View Post

i appreciate your input but.. the way its setup is they're are all in on category by the title, for easy access and to hide it i would have to separate it.It's something I'm not planning to do right now or near future...

The best advice that i can give you that i do right now, on other site is create a folder in your bookmark and bookmark what you want and save it to that folder.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 01:24 PM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

i appreciate your input but.. the way its setup is they're are all in on category by the title, for easy access and to hide it i would have to separate it.It's something I'm not planning to do right now or near future...

The best advice that i can give you that i do right now, on other site is create a folder in your bookmark and bookmark what you want and save it to that folder.
yeah i was lookin into it, it would be a lot of work, because that means we would have to add a new user option for which forums you want to not show, and it would have to be multiple entries and every time a user clicks unread posts it would have to do a bunch of calculations to see if the user wants to see the posts, then it has to send the data in between checks... its something that could be done, but there is no EASY way of doing it...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 01:29 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

yeah i was lookin into it, it would be a lot of work, because that means we would have to add a new user option for which forums you want to not show, and it would have to be multiple entries and every time a user clicks unread posts it would have to do a bunch of calculations to see if the user wants to see the posts, then it has to send the data in between checks... its something that could be done, but there is no EASY way of doing it...

yep, plus i already spent about 3 or 4 days trying to make it noob friendly..re-organizing the board a few weeks back...dashy will tell you.I don't think I'm going to do it again...

bookmarking its alot easier...you should see my bookmark setup...lol

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 01:58 PM
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by v i p View Post

i've been thinking....after spending a lot of time on facebook and getting used to it's layout, i think that it would be pretty cool if some of the options would be implemented here at spj. For instance....the option to hide specific forums would be great. I don't have an iphone or an android (for example) and it would save me time if i didn't have to look through those forums while i am checking out the most recent posts. Just an idea.
this would be the shizznizzz!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 02:10 PM
The VenumX Factor

“ Originally Posted by Kiit408 View Post

this would be the shizznizzz!!!!
yeah; but if you really think about it, it's not that inconvenient to shuffle through a couple more posts :P

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 02:31 PM
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

yeah; but if you really think about it, it's not that inconvenient to shuffle through a couple more posts :P

wait if you start to filter by phone then you won't be able to play the OFF TOPIC games... ;(... if there were to be any filter it would have to be a topic filter which we already have...

mobile resources on top link.... up there ^ at the top the red ones ^
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Mobile Model: tmobile wing
Mobile Carrier: tmobile

View jdep1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jdep1's Photo Album Add jdep1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I think that is a great idea.. but honestly im happy with the way the page is. I think that would put too much work on the developers of the page not to mention all the work they already have like having to be recycleing those double article, adjusting links on some of the post exct. So i say why make there life harder when we dont have to. by the way i appreciate all the hard work they do.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jdep1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

yep, plus i already spent about 3 or 4 days trying to make it noob friendly..re-organizing the board a few weeks back...dashy will tell you.I don't think I'm going to do it again...

bookmarking its alot easier...you should see my bookmark setup...lol

hahhhaha my bookmarks setup is insane also and not again those days are always stressful especially when we were still fetus sized here at spj.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
change, idea, site