Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-17-2009, 05:33 AM
only1penny only1penny is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: tpro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View only1penny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View only1penny's Photo Album Add only1penny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
sprint rebate scam

i should've done this a long time ago. spj, i'm coming to you for help once again. i know there is a lot of sprint connected people on here or at least long time sprint customers. i, myself, have been with sprint for probably 5-6 yrs. i've upgraded several times. i have 3 lines on my acount, me, my wife and a 3rd line that is not used (i had to add a line once to get a phone upgrade).
it all started in june of 08. i just upgraded to the htc touch (vogue) and everything was going great. got a killer deal on it. sent in my rebate info. waited..waited............and still nothing. called and they said send it again. sent it again but this time i recieved a message saying rebate expired. called sprint, of course they don't deal with it because rebates are handled by someone else. called rebate people, they said send it again.....never ending circle begins. now in Jan. of 09 i upgraded my wife's phone. talked (on phone) to salesperson and told them how rebate sucked & was a scam blah blah blah. of course, they insured me that there was a new system to track the rebate and it was better. i talked with the sales girl and she put me through to rebates and explained everything again how i was sketchy about it and how i was still waiting on a rebate from june 08. rebate person apologized and promised everything would be different this time.............of course both rebates got denied.

this time the reason was no receipt provided. now i talked to the rebate people and varified that i could send the bill that you can print off the sprint site, since i foolishly sent the original receipt instead of a copy of my first sprint touch. so that is what i sent with both rebates. and of course, denied. the rebate thing seems like such a scam to me. does anyone have any suggestions, phone #s, bullets or anything else that could help my situation? plz and thnx
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to only1penny For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 06:36 AM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: sprint rebate scam

Dude -

I went through the same thing when I upgraded to the mogul for me and hubby. They gave me grief because my handset had only been on my line for less than a month when I changed to the mogul. I talked and talked to different people, even at retentions, they all told me they couldn't do anything, I needed to call the rebate people. Did that a couple of times, really a pain in the tookus.

In any case, I was hunting on sprint's site one day, while on hold with them, and found the rebate center, and filled out the contact info and sent them a concise email about my issues. Within 48 hours, I got a call saying that it had been taken care of. I checked and checked with them, but two weeks later I got my check.

You could try retentions, I wouldn't hold my breath talking to them though. They will tell you to call the rebate people.

Make sure you have all your info together before you send off the email. When you bought it, how often you sent the info, how irritated you are, how long you've been with them. ANYONE's name that you have/remember, put those in too.

Good Luck!

Code

https://www.sprintrebates.com/track/sprintpcs/email_us.html

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 10:21 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by gadget945 View Post

Dude -

I went through the same thing when I upgraded to the mogul for me and hubby. They gave me grief because my handset had only been on my line for less than a month when I changed to the mogul. I talked and talked to different people, even at retentions, they all told me they couldn't do anything, I needed to call the rebate people. Did that a couple of times, really a pain in the tookus.

In any case, I was hunting on sprint's site one day, while on hold with them, and found the rebate center, and filled out the contact info and sent them a concise email about my issues. Within 48 hours, I got a call saying that it had been taken care of. I checked and checked with them, but two weeks later I got my check.

You could try retentions, I wouldn't hold my breath talking to them though. They will tell you to call the rebate people.

Make sure you have all your info together before you send off the email. When you bought it, how often you sent the info, how irritated you are, how long you've been with them. ANYONE's name that you have/remember, put those in too.

Good Luck!

Code

https://www.sprintrebates.com/track/sprintpcs/email_us.html
Gadget has this 100% correct, as many of you know, I work for a Sprint corporate retail store, and this is the exact tool that I use every time a customer doesn't receive a mail-in-rebate. It is very easy form to fill out and they get back to you within 48 hours, I usually fill it out as the employee so I put something like "Customer bought their phone back in June 2008 and they have been back in forth with a bunch of departments, they were eligible for the full savings, please send them the mail in rebate for phone number 999-999-9999 which was upgraded in the store on 00/00/1970, thanks in advance" just do that and you should be all set, if they deny it again when they send you the email, just PM me on here with your number and ill get it taken care of.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

huh i called didnt even send it in on my pro.. just called sprint. talked then was credited it to my account....Damn i must really be good. Cause i got mine from sprint.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

huh i called didnt even send it in on my pro.. just called sprint. talked then was credited it to my account....Damn i must really be good. Cause i got mine from sprint.
same here kaos, i get all my mail in rebates like that at all sprint locations. i told them over the phone before at the store that someone wasnt allowing the mail in rebate to be isntant discount that they oked it of course and sent me a card that says sprint premier and even has that as well as 30% off each accessory i guess me and you jsut get lucky.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Mobile Model: Iphone 3GS 32GB
Mobile Carrier: ATT
Mobile OS: IPHONE

View mikewhooo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mikewhooo's Photo Album Add mikewhooo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

same here kaos, i get all my mail in rebates like that at all sprint locations. i told them over the phone before at the store that someone wasnt allowing the mail in rebate to be isntant discount that they oked it of course and sent me a card that says sprint premier and even has that as well as 30% off each accessory i guess me and you jsut get lucky.
that would make 3 then i did the same thing
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikewhooo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey dash how long have u been with sprint ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

MMMM I didnt go to a sprint store when I got my phones (TP, Diamond, BB, Instinct) I got all the rebates and promotional prices @ the bestbuy store right there and then ... I guess it was a venue for me doing it this way and glad that I had no probs!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ronaldsdv For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 05:43 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Hey dash how long have u been with sprint ?
i have been with them just over 2 years but im VIP in their books since i do beta testing for them so im one that do whatever to please i mean whatever hhahaha
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 07:31 PM

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have been with them just over 2 years but im VIP in their books since i do beta testing for them so im one that do whatever to please i mean whatever hhahaha
dash slept with Dan Hesse. Thats why hes vip.....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 08:15 PM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i video taped this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 08:28 PM

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

i video taped this.
kaos dont you mean that Dan Hesse slept with dash to become VP? come on venum you should know that since you were recording.... or were you spending too much time beating your meat to us? hahahaha
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 08:36 PM
The VenumX Factor

kaos dont you mean that Dan Hesse slept with dash to become VP? come on venum you should know that since you were recording.... or were you spending too much time beating your meat to us? hahahaha
you and jew with your custom smilies, i need to make a few myself haha and i may have used a tripod to do the majority of the recording

Old 07-17-2009, 08:48 PM

you and jew with your custom smilies, i need to make a few myself haha and i may have used a tripod to do the majority of the recording
hahaha i knew it hahahahhahaha
Old 07-17-2009, 08:52 PM

hahaha i knew it hahahahhahaha
i feel violated by my pc.....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2009, 09:02 PM
The VenumX Factor

i feel violated by my pc.....
as you should kaos, that smiley is pretty vulgar lmao

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2009, 12:41 AM

View only1penny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View only1penny's Photo Album Add only1penny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yea, but i'm not da sh!t i'm only one penny : (

--------- New Post Merged on 18/7/2009 at 0108 --------

for sure i don't do that.

--------- New Post Merged on 18/7/2009 at 0106 --------

i video taped this.
this should go like gangbusters when ever that spj store gets up and running!
The Following User Says Thank You to only1penny For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2009, 12:59 AM
Blackberry Dude
Mobile Model: Rim 8330
Mobile OS: Unknown

View austinator's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View austinator's Photo Album Add austinator's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by only1penny View Post

i should've done this a long time ago. spj, i'm coming to you for help once again. i know there is a lot of sprint connected people on here or at least long time sprint customers. i, myself, have been with sprint for probably 5-6 yrs. i've upgraded several times. i have 3 lines on my acount, me, my wife and a 3rd line that is not used (i had to add a line once to get a phone upgrade).
it all started in june of 08. i just upgraded to the htc touch (vogue) and everything was going great. got a killer deal on it. sent in my rebate info. waited..waited............and still nothing. called and they said send it again. sent it again but this time i recieved a message saying rebate expired. called sprint, of course they don't deal with it because rebates are handled by someone else. called rebate people, they said send it again.....never ending circle begins. now in Jan. of 09 i upgraded my wife's phone. talked (on phone) to salesperson and told them how rebate sucked & was a scam blah blah blah. of course, they insured me that there was a new system to track the rebate and it was better. i talked with the sales girl and she put me through to rebates and explained everything again how i was sketchy about it and how i was still waiting on a rebate from june 08. rebate person apologized and promised everything would be different this time.............of course both rebates got denied.

this time the reason was no receipt provided. now i talked to the rebate people and varified that i could send the bill that you can print off the sprint site, since i foolishly sent the original receipt instead of a copy of my first sprint touch. so that is what i sent with both rebates. and of course, denied. the rebate thing seems like such a scam to me. does anyone have any suggestions, phone #s, bullets or anything else that could help my situation? plz and thnx
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Suggestion 1: for future reference always go to a store that is willing to sit down and take the time with you. If you feel they are just trying to make a buck off you, get up and walk out. Take the time to ask for help, if you don't ask for help, don't blame us.
Suggestion 2: Email me, I will see what i can do to help. aklinedinst@ymail.com please.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to austinator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2009, 01:07 AM

thanks to everyone for the info. i sent the emails out and i've got my fingers crossed. i'll keep everyone posted......and i'm scouring the interweb for the that video
Old 07-18-2009, 01:47 AM
The VenumX Factor

“ Originally Posted by austinator View Post

Suggestion 1: for future reference always go to a store that is willing to sit down and take the time with you. If you feel they are just trying to make a buck off you, get up and walk out. Take the time to ask for help, if you don't ask for help, don't blame us.
Suggestion 2: Email me, I will see what i can do to help. aklinedinst@ymail.com please.
yeah corporate stores dont get paid more for which phone they get you into, they get paid on customer service for th emost part now :P

Old 07-18-2009, 02:08 AM

yeah corporate stores dont get paid more for which phone they get you into, they get paid on customer service for th emost part now :P
great to know, i have a certain sprint store about 1 mile from my house and they have been very helpful. so i should go through them for as much stuff as i can? what about ordering stuff? like say i'll be picking up a seidio clip holster tomorrow. i went there 1st and they didn't have anything. could they order me something? i'd love to give them the business.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:10 AM
The VenumX Factor

great to know, i have a certain sprint store about 1 mile from my house and they have been very helpful. so i should go through them for as much stuff as i can? what about ordering stuff? like say i'll be picking up a seidio clip holster tomorrow. i went there 1st and they didn't have anything. could they order me something? i'd love to give them the business.
I don't think they have seido specific cases, i would go through the store for issues and equipment (phone) purchases only, or billing issues. They help quite a bit in those areas...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2009, 02:20 AM

I don't think they have seido specific cases, i would go through the store for issues and equipment (phone) purchases only, or billing issues. They help quite a bit in those areas...
thnx, appreciate the info!
Old 07-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Blackberry Dude

View austinator's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View austinator's Photo Album Add austinator's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Meh, now in all honesty I am slightly biased just because I work for a Premium Sprint Retailer, but even from my customer's around here I get the same complaints about the 3 corporate stores, "that store is a joke," "the people there are idiots and don't care about helping," and the most popular one, "seems like they just want me to buy the phone and gtfo when I'm there"

But then again they are a much higher volume than us so I sort of understand that. I just mean any store. Even if he is in a corporate store, if you feel like they aren't trying to help you but just sell you, get up and leave. If you're in a retailer and feel they are overly shady, get up and leave. Only do business with those you are comfortable with.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to austinator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2009, 12:46 PM
The VenumX Factor

“ Originally Posted by austinator View Post

Meh, now in all honesty I am slightly biased just because I work for a Premium Sprint Retailer, but even from my customer's around here I get the same complaints about the 3 corporate stores, "that store is a joke," "the people there are idiots and don't care about helping," and the most popular one, "seems like they just want me to buy the phone and gtfo when I'm there"

But then again they are a much higher volume than us so I sort of understand that. I just mean any store. Even if he is in a corporate store, if you feel like they aren't trying to help you but just sell you, get up and leave. If you're in a retailer and feel they are overly shady, get up and leave. Only do business with those you are comfortable with.
You are probably the only reseller that I have ever heard of caring :P Around here we get 999 issues a day from 3rd Party Retailers. They promise customers things all day and then tell them to come to our store to get it instead of following through on their end. The corporate stores have there hands tied in a lot of situations, as for not caring; it's really based on an individual basis. You can't really generalize, that store is horrible, it's "that guy at that store wouldn't help me". The only time I can't help a customer in the store is when they are behind 4 months on their bill and want to pay $100 on their account instead of paying the full balance of $600 and have it reactivate their phone. That stuff we have a department on customer care that can take better care of that customer. If I had all the tools provided to other sprint sections (i.e. Ensemble, RMS, FDT, eTicket, the payment arrangement application and a few other tools that tech support use ), I could fix any issue that a customer comes in with.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Blackberry Dude

You are probably the only reseller that I have ever heard of caring :P Around here we get 999 issues a day from 3rd Party Retailers. They promise customers things all day and then tell them to come to our store to get it instead of following through on their end. The corporate stores have there hands tied in a lot of situations, as for not caring; it's really based on an individual basis. You can't really generalize, that store is horrible, it's "that guy at that store wouldn't help me". The only time I can't help a customer in the store is when they are behind 4 months on their bill and want to pay $100 on their account instead of paying the full balance of $600 and have it reactivate their phone. That stuff we have a department on customer care that can take better care of that customer. If I had all the tools provided to other sprint sections (i.e. Ensemble, RMS, FDT, eTicket, the payment arrangement application and a few other tools that tech support use ), I could fix any issue that a customer comes in with.
I hope you didn't take that to insinuate that all corp stores are like that. By all means, I used to work at corporate clearwire, and I can't begin to tell you the lies and bs told to customers by the dealers and they'd just send them to corporate to get it dealt with. Biggest hassle in the world.

That's only the Sprint stores here, and there are only 3 I believe. And by saying, "the stores" I am generalizing as 90% of the reps in the stores work that way. I have personally worked with them, pretending to be a customer, and got just about the worst service evAr!!! It was ridiculous, and i get the same feed back from my customers.

Yes I do know many indirect dealers can be very very shady. I used to work for one for at&t. In my experience, those are the smaller ones. I work for a premium retailer. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the indirect channel, but basically we have certian qualifications we have to meet.

We MUST pass all mystery shops from sprint
We MUST maintain a certian avg rating from customers. Anything less than 5 stars is failing.
We are a service and repair company and can provide the same kind of assistance a corp store would as far as the fixing of phones. We can not swap inventory for in store phones, but we can do an order for one, have it sent next day delivery at no charge to the customer, and then do the info transfer for them.

Our company really does strive to be the best wether it be providing service, or selling phones. But that's just here. I can't think of any other dealer around here that will help with billing issues. It's difficult because we do not have access to billing, but we can do "almost" everything a corp store can, we just have to submit tickets for it all and none of it is instant

I can not speak for all indirects though as I know exactly what you mean.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to austinator For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2009, 01:06 PM

so here's the update, for my wife's phone the rebate went right through. for my phone, which was bought in june of 08, i had to write a second email. but both are now going through. i really appreciate the help from everyone. i was so irritated by the rebate system. hopefully this new attitude of keeping the customer happy is one that they plan to stick with. venumx, i do owe you an apology for copyright infringement as i pretty much just copy and pasted your example and added a summary of my situation. thanks again spj team!
Old 08-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro

View vonvon's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View vonvon's Photo Album Add vonvon's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

mAN thats crazy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vonvon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

so here's the update, for my wife's phone the rebate went right through. for my phone, which was bought in june of 08, i had to write a second email. but both are now going through. i really appreciate the help from everyone. i was so irritated by the rebate system. hopefully this new attitude of keeping the customer happy is one that they plan to stick with. venumx, i do owe you an apology for copyright infringement as i pretty much just copy and pasted your example and added a summary of my situation. thanks again spj team!
Man I'm glad everything is working out for you now!
The Following User Says Thank You to ronaldsdv For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2009, 04:29 PM

cool glad to see that they got it all taken care of for you now which is the way it should have been from the start.... i never had a problem and always got/get what i want from sprint but glad to see that they are taken care of their customers finally.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 04:59 AM

final update: received both checks & they are deposited! really appreciate all the help from everyone here at spj.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Mobile Model: Ppc 680

View livinlifes2shor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View livinlifes2shor's Photo Album Add livinlifes2shor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

for future reference you should just call escilations when you are eligble for a rebate I always say well so and so has this phone for this much and I can get a better deal over at (other carrier) normally get my 175 plus instant and a little off the top and normally they will throw something at my plan for me too. But good to see they took care of it. With stocks where they are the need to be worried about retention.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to livinlifes2shor For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 03:37 PM
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

dude you think your pissed?... when i first signed up with sprint i got the sanyo katana the 1st version... i know before you laugh at me give me a break i was 18 and didn't know too much.. and it was free for the first one and the second was 50 bucks... the rebates that they gave me was for 3 phones which came out to about 250 bucks and i never saw a damn dime... it's been 3 to 4 yrs now.. and all i can say is **** rebates... !!!! sorry but true... thats what i think...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 05:21 PM

“ Originally Posted by Kiit408 View Post

dude you think your pissed?... when i first signed up with sprint i got the sanyo katana the 1st version... i know before you laugh at me give me a break i was 18 and didn't know too much.. and it was free for the first one and the second was 50 bucks... the rebates that they gave me was for 3 phones which came out to about 250 bucks and i never saw a damn dime... it's been 3 to 4 yrs now.. and all i can say is **** rebates... !!!! sorry but true... thats what i think...
you should have called them up and saw what was going on.... if you talked to retentions on an issue like that you could ahve got the credits reimbursed instantly......
Old 08-25-2009, 03:37 AM

“ Originally Posted by Kiit408 View Post

i was right with you until i got some knowledge here at spj, and now i'm $200 richer. one of mine was 1 1/2 years & they still took care of me. it's all about who you know......and i know spj!!!!!!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to only1penny For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
rebate, scam, sprint