Do I need torrent privacy

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-25-2009, 08:06 AM
mstacyi mstacyi is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: mogul 6800

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View mstacyi's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mstacyi's Photo Album Add mstacyi's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Do I need torrent privacy

hey guys, I didn't know where to put this so I guess if I put it here at least it will be look at.

anyhow, I do most of my DL from rapidshare and megauploads, but recently I feel the need to watch Asian movies and I dont know any sites who had them or how to find them on rapidshare. So I got a couple of them off utorrent. It didn't think about protecting my IP address when I did it, but about half way through DL, I thought maybe I should of had protected my IP address.

question is should I DL sometype of torrent or IP address blocker? I do lots of DL from rapidshare, but few within the year from utorrent.

What u do recommend if I should get one? And what are you using to block or protect your privacy?

I couldn't trust to post this somewhere else. Thanks SPJ.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mstacyi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Mobile Model: tmobile wing
Mobile Carrier: tmobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

View jdep1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jdep1's Photo Album Add jdep1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Do I need torrent privacy

i say its always better to be safe than sorry. on the pc section you could find great programs to help your hide your ip & have it protected. i had to removed a a trojan from my pc a couple of weeks ago and trust me you don't want to do the same.. hope this helps.

--------- New Post Merged on 25/7/2009 at 1128 --------

I say its better to be safe than sorry. In the pc section you could find programs to hide your IP and protect your pc. a couple of weeks i hade to remove a trojan and trust me its not that fun to do. so if you don't trust the site don't even risk it. i hope this helps
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdep1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i use demonoid for my torrents and never worry. But if you want something that works. good tor. it even has a plug in for firefox. i bounce all over the world with my ip with it. totally untraceable.Its what i use when i do bad...

Code

http://www.torproject.org/
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 04:11 AM
mstacyi mstacyi is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: mogul 6800

View mstacyi's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mstacyi's Photo Album Add mstacyi's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks jdep1 and kaos. I will look into it.

I have deepfreeze in my computer cos i just got tired of removing adware , virus and such.. Do u guys think I should get a virus scanner or protection too? I remove all the virus detection programs because I got tired of having multiple programs for different things.
The Following User Says Thank You to mstacyi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Mobile Model: tmobile wing
Mobile Carrier: tmobile

View jdep1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jdep1's Photo Album Add jdep1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by mstacyi View Post

I have deepfreeze in my computer cos i just got tired of removing adware , virus and such.. Do u guys think I should get a virus scanner or protection too? I remove all the virus detection programs because I got tired of having multiple programs for different things.
i personally just use microsoft defender i use it to scan the whole computer & they give you free live scanning support but when it come to removing a virus, worm, trojan exct.. u need a program specified for that
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdep1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by mstacyi View Post

hi try using avast pro you can find that here @spj whit life time serial online protetion on acces msn firewall mail and alot more all depending on your settings you whant realy easy to use and use that thor plugin also oke and dont install to many antivirus sofware becuase it can give you onprotected pc

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 01:08 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I also use tor and I also use avast pro hahah so i would go with both kaos' recommendation and wees' haha good luck!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I would recommend to stay away from hot torrents like the newly released movies and apps. Thats where they usually catch you when using bittorrent...more specifically the mpaa and riaa are looking out for those torrents and then send letters to your isp...for old releases / less popular... like movies you want to download I wouldn't stress it.

Try to get into private trackers!(a little better but not always safe either)

I usually reset my router to get a new ip address after torrenting
Dont know if that helps or not but makes me feel better if I ever get a letter, I'll say thats not my ip(probably wouldn't work lol.. I'm sure they keep track of old ips)

If your on any other company other than a cable internet provider then you should be ok too...for example I use verzion fios...to my understanding they dont give a crap what your downloading and I've never heard anyone from verzion isp say they got a letter. Its mainly the cable providers such as timer waner, cox ,etc that do that.

I recommend to use ESET Smart Security 4 best anti-virus/anti-malware/ad-ware/spy-ware suit ever!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metalmayhem For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
privacy, torrent