Old 08-01-2009, 11:41 AM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Apple Warns iPhone OS Users of Jailbreaking

Yesterday in support article HT3742 Apple announced that modifying ("jailbreaking") the iPhone OS may cause instability in their devices. Users that have made such modifications to their iPhones and iPods have had encountered numerous issues. Apple provides the following examples of these issues:
Device and application instability: Frequent and unexpected crashes of the device, crashes and freezes of built-in apps and third-party apps, and loss of data.

Unreliable voice and data: Dropped calls, slow or unreliable data connections, and delayed or inaccurate location data.

Disruption of services: Services such as Visual Voicemail, YouTube, Weather, and Stocks have been disrupted or no longer work on the device. Additionally, third-party apps that use the Apple Push Notification Service have had difficulty receiving notifications or received notifications that were intended for a different hacked device. Other push-based services such as MobileMe and Exchange have experienced problems synchronizing data with their respective servers.

i feel apple is bluffing because all of the things that they are saying go a little overboard imo...... but they will do what they do and if one cant be updated im sure it will be figured out within days if not days a week.

Compromised security: Security compromises have been introduced by these modifications that could allow hackers to steal personal information, damage the device, attack the wireless network, or introduce malware or viruses.

Shortened battery life: The hacked software has caused an accelerated battery drain that shortens the operation of an iPhone or iPod touch on a single battery charge.

Inability to apply future software updates: Some unauthorized modifications have caused damage to the iPhone OS that is not repairable. This can result in the hacked iPhone or iPod touch becoming permanently inoperable when a future Apple-supplied iPhone OS update is installed.

Apple notes that the unauthorized modification of the iPhone OS is a violation of the end user agreement and many deny service to any modified iPhone or iPod.

Devices affected by this are iPhone, iPod touch, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and iPod touch (2nd generation).

Could this be a precursor for other operating systems?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 11:45 AM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Apple Warns iPhone OS Users of Jailbreaking

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

Yesterday in support article HT3742 Apple announced that modifying ("jailbreaking") the iPhone OS may cause instability in their devices. Users that have made such modifications to their iPhones and iPods have had encountered numerous issues. Apple provides the following examples of these issues:
Device and application instability: Frequent and unexpected crashes of the device, crashes and freezes of built-in apps and third-party apps, and loss of data.

Unreliable voice and data: Dropped calls, slow or unreliable data connections, and delayed or inaccurate location data.

Disruption of services: Services such as Visual Voicemail, YouTube, Weather, and Stocks have been disrupted or no longer work on the device. Additionally, third-party apps that use the Apple Push Notification Service have had difficulty receiving notifications or received notifications that were intended for a different hacked device. Other push-based services such as MobileMe and Exchange have experienced problems synchronizing data with their respective servers.

i feel apple is bluffing because all of the things that they are saying go a little overboard imo...... but they will do what they do and if one cant be updated im sure it will be figured out within days if not days a week.

Compromised security: Security compromises have been introduced by these modifications that could allow hackers to steal personal information, damage the device, attack the wireless network, or introduce malware or viruses.

Shortened battery life: The hacked software has caused an accelerated battery drain that shortens the operation of an iPhone or iPod touch on a single battery charge.

Inability to apply future software updates: Some unauthorized modifications have caused damage to the iPhone OS that is not repairable. This can result in the hacked iPhone or iPod touch becoming permanently inoperable when a future Apple-supplied iPhone OS update is installed.

Apple notes that the unauthorized modification of the iPhone OS is a violation of the end user agreement and many deny service to any modified iPhone or iPod.

Devices affected by this are iPhone, iPod touch, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and iPod touch (2nd generation).

Could this be a precursor for other operating systems?

hahahaha i'm wondering if this has something to do with that kid ...lol

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:01 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

hahahaha i'm wondering if this has something to do with that kid ...lol
i had the same thought, i think that they are trying to scare people because besides the battery draining faster since i have more stuff to tinker with i havent faced crashing or any of the other troubles that they state can happen and if this was so common 99.9% of the iphone users would be jailbroke..... they just dont like it that it also sim unlocks the device at the same time too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Mobile Model: iphone 3gs
Mobile Carrier: at&t
Mobile OS: Iphone

View claudius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View claudius's Photo Album Add claudius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wow thats crazy and i just convince my cuzz to jailbreak his 3gs i hope this is fake i dont want to face the heat
The Following User Says Thank You to claudius For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Mobile Model: HTC 6800AL
Mobile Carrier: Alltel
Mobile OS: 6.1

View ladytya's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ladytya's Photo Album Add ladytya's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lol... i have had the dreaded battery drainage BEFORE i jailbroke so no biggie there. there are the rest of the issues "warned" that i've been dealing w/, though. VOICEMAIL ~ totally gone now. i think i'm gonna go back to the regular 3.0.1 although having it jailbroken has been cool! lol, i don't wanna brick the thing, do i? or do i wanna risk? nah, i'll play it safe!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:50 PM

“ Originally Posted by ladytya View Post

lol... i have had the dreaded battery drainage BEFORE i jailbroke so no biggie there. there are the rest of the issues "warned" that i've been dealing w/, though. VOICEMAIL ~ totally gone now. i think i'm gonna go back to the regular 3.0.1 although having it jailbroken has been cool! lol, i don't wanna brick the thing, do i? or do i wanna risk? nah, i'll play it safe!
3.01 is most likely the culprat and back to regular........ come on now do you hear yourself.... how are you going to kill your free time now.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

3.01 is most likely the culprat and back to regular........ come on now do you hear yourself.... how are you going to kill your free time now.
well, for all you iphone users that dont want to loose anything, i got a solution! just get a htc pro, and an ipod touch, lol, that way you have the best of both worlds! hahaha, thats what i got. itouch for movies and games, and htc pro for phone stuff.......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2009, 09:45 PM

“ Originally Posted by PHE-NOM View Post

well, for all you iphone users that dont want to loose anything, i got a solution! just get a htc pro, and an ipod touch, lol, that way you have the best of both worlds! hahaha, thats what i got. itouch for movies and games, and htc pro for phone stuff.......

or be like me and have both the touch pro and the iphone..... works for me and true best of both worlds
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

or be like me and have both the touch pro and the iphone..... works for me and true best of both worlds
well dash, when it comes to the mobile world is kinda hard to be like you bro, htc pro,mogul,vogue/touch, palm pre, iphone..................and all the rest that im missing, lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2009, 09:51 PM

“ Originally Posted by PHE-NOM View Post

well dash, when it comes to the mobile world is kinda hard to be like you bro, htc pro,mogul,vogue/touch, palm pre, iphone..................and all the rest that im missing, lol.
hahhhahaa just the g1, iphone, touch pro, mogul and pre now....... sold the others.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
apple, iphone, jailbreaking, users, warns