Old 08-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Superman369 Superman369 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Need a lil help here

Ok, so I have an iso burned to DL dvd of vista extreme RC2 64bit. Now, when I try and run the setup from my Windows 7 partition, it doesnt work unless I run as admin. Thats fine, but I want to install to my other partition, which has a diff version of vista on it and a bunch of crap. Now, the setup wont let me format from that screen, right clicking the drive and format doesnt work, and Im using EASEUS partition manager now and the format option is grayed out for that partition. Now, none of this would be a problem, but I cant seem to get my PC to boot from the Vista extreme disk. So....Im getting kinda frustrated.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Need a lil help here

hi bro had this problem one time have your try open run type diskmgmt.msc and try to format that way next option i used the east tec eraser app to wipe the partition if remember correctly that dont work the hard way you can use boot to nuke darik but be carefull whit this that you select the partition and hopefully it will show up on both apps i never use partition apps like paragon i use diskmgmt in the windows console easy and safe

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 02:36 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Superman369 View Post

Ok, so I have an iso burned to DL dvd of vista extreme RC2 64bit. Now, when I try and run the setup from my Windows 7 partition, it doesnt work unless I run as admin. Thats fine, but I want to install to my other partition, which has a diff version of vista on it and a bunch of crap. Now, the setup wont let me format from that screen, right clicking the drive and format doesnt work, and Im using EASEUS partition manager now and the format option is grayed out for that partition. Now, none of this would be a problem, but I cant seem to get my PC to boot from the Vista extreme disk. So....Im getting kinda frustrated.
another one that i use is acronis disk director, the cool thing about acronis is that you can boot to it like a boot loader and you can format disks from there...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 02:38 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by CYBER WEESJE View Post

hi bro had this problem one time have your try open run type diskmgmt.msc and try to format that way next option i used the east tec eraser app to wipe the partition if remember correctly that dont work the hard way you can use boot to nuke darik but be carefull whit this that you select the partition and hopefully it will show up on both apps i never use partition apps like paragon i use diskmgmt in the windows console easy and safe

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

yea i agree i use disk management myself..hey supe to do this using windows disk management go to "computer" right click and choose "manage" a small window will pop up and choose "Disk Management" and pick the drive where you have you partition at. in the long zebra look box you right click and pick the option to either re-partition or partition hard to tell since i can't see your computer management configuration.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 02:41 PM

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ok, so the diskmngmt had the format option grayed out also. Im gonna give some of the programs you guys suggested a go.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 02:51 PM

Ok, tec east is a no go. It says "Can not gain exclusivity rights" and aborts. Gonna try the other one now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 07:04 PM

Ok, so acronis did the trick. Now I got my Windows 7 on one partition, and Vista Extreme RC2 on the other. Now I just gotta get all updated and then transfer my stuff from the external back on here and I will be good to go. Thanks for the help guys.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 07:21 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ok, so acronis did the trick. Now I got my Windows 7 on one partition, and Vista Extreme RC2 on the other. Now I just gotta get all updated and then transfer my stuff from the external back on here and I will be good to go. Thanks for the help guys.
is that freeware? Because i normally do it without any program

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey bro did u find vista extreme rc2 here ?

The Following User Says Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i guess im a old ms head... lol If your like me. You have multiple copy's of ms os laying around.(I have every version of xp vista and now 7 burned and label via light scribe) what i always do whether dual booting or single partition is. I use my xp disc. clean the drive or the partition in question with it. Then reboot and pop in (in this case) your 64 bit vista.The area in question should be unallocated space now. You should be able to install now. I have always done that and never had a failure.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 08:21 PM

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

i guess im a old ms head... lol If your like me. You have multiple copys of ms os laying around. what i always do whether dual booting or single partition is. I use my xp disc. clean the drive or the partition in question with it. Then reboot and pop in (in this case) your 64 bit vista.The area in question should be unallocated space now. You should be able to install now. I have always done that and never had a failure.
Yea thats good, the only problem that was messing me up though, was that the vista wasnt bootable. It was supposed to be, but just wouldnt. So I had to do it from my other windows. But yea, what you suggest would of worked perfect.

The Following User Says Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 PM

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yea thats good, the only problem that was messing me up though, was that the vista wasnt bootable. It was supposed to be, but just wouldnt. So I had to do it from my other windows. But yea, what you suggest would of worked perfect.
lol so make it boot-able. even magic iso could do that. nero as well. Next time you need os pm me. I wont mess with it unless its a untouched iso. All the fancy gui mods and tweaks. I don't care for others. i tweak my own lol.At least this way i know whats in it.Although i do add a cracked folder to my iso's i make. so after install i can go to c drive run my activation and genuine patches. then after i delete folder....but its always their on fresh flash...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 08:28 PM

lol so make it boot-able. even magic iso could do that. nero as well. Next time you need os pm me. I wont mess with it unless its a untouched iso. All the fancy gui mods and tweaks. I don't care for others. i tweak my own lol.At least this way i know whats in it.Although i do add a cracked folder to my iso's i make. so after install i can go to c drive run my activation and genuine patches. then after i delete folder....but its always their on fresh flash...
Haha, sweet!! Wish I woulda known this about 12 hours ago!! Haha, I'm def gonna need a kaos hook up

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 08:32 PM
OG Member

i guess im a old ms head... lol If your like me. You have multiple copy's of ms os laying around.(I have every version of xp vista and now 7 burned and label via light scribe) what i always do whether dual booting or single partition is. I use my xp disc. clean the drive or the partition in question with it. Then reboot and pop in (in this case) your 64 bit vista.The area in question should be unallocated space now. You should be able to install now. I have always done that and never had a failure.
i have those copy too but i found it easy to do it from disk management .and i never had problems myself.But i guess everyone do it differently..

Old 08-12-2009, 08:36 PM

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

i have those copy too but i found it easy to do it from disk management .and i never had problems myself.But i guess everyone do it differently..
lol dude im so anal.Every time i install a new system. I don't ever quick format. I always do the long way.checking every byte Do you know how long a 1tb drive takes to format the long way? lol I DO. 14 hrs. lmao was a long time then....lol
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 PM
OG Member

lol dude im so anal.Every time i install a new system. I don't ever quick format. I always do the long way.checking every byte Do you know how long a 1tb drive takes to format the long way? lol I DO. 14 hrs. lmao was a long time then....lol
shit I'm glad you told me i never did it on a tarabyte.If That's the case I'll do your method..lol

Old 08-12-2009, 08:41 PM

shit I'm glad you told me i never did it on a tarabyte.If That's the case I'll do your method..lol
Ya i always figure if im installing a os its for a reason. last was corrupted, upgrade.So on. Point is these are examples of reasons why. Bad ones. If os has to go again. So i want no trace and to rule out harddrive sectors. Idk im anal.....but my systems always run smoother then melting butter....
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 08:44 PM
OG Member

Ya i always figure if im installing a os its for a reason. last was corrupted, upgrade.So on. Point is these are examples of reasons why. Bad ones. If os has to go again. So i want no trace and to rule out harddrive sectors. Idk im anal.....but my systems always run smoother then melting butter....
On your tarabyte hd is it running hot?

The Following User Says Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 08:46 PM

On your tarabyte hd is it running hot?
everest reports. on average use i run 124 F .. When i stream or i have heavy access. Hottest it ever got so far was 136F.

thats just my tb. my cpu motherboard and gpu run alot cooler. and my case is mad vented...lol alot of fans...I am looking around for perfect liquid cool setup. but i many build my own concept...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 08:49 PM
OG Member

everest reports. on average use i run 124 F .. When i stream or i have heavy access. Hottest it ever got so far was 136F.

thats just my tb. my cpu motherboard and gpu run alot cooler. and my case is mad vented...lol alot of fans...
wow ok yea my boyee HD on his desktop is running hot, so i had him buy a small fan and put in in front of it.Because i know when that the hd gets hot, he can loss data.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 08:51 PM

thats just my tb. my cpu motherboard and gpu run alot cooler. and my case is mad vented...lol alot of fans...I am looking around for perfect liquid cool setup. but i many build my own concept...
Hey, do you have any "Kaosed" version of Windows 7? The one I have sucks. It says OEM RTM, but I dunno, not liking it at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2009, 08:57 PM

Hey, do you have any "Kaosed" version of Windows 7? The one I have sucks. It says OEM RTM, but I dunno, not liking it at all.
right now i have and am using the 64bit of ultimate 7 fully activated with hazars first loader. key isnt blacklisted yes. So i update and all... by the time it gets blacklisted there will be more keys...to re activate..lol

--------- New Post Merged on 12/8/2009 at 10:00:45 --------

wow ok yea my boyee HD on his desktop is running hot, so i had him buy a small fan and put in in front of it.Because i know when that the hd gets hot, he can loss data.
shoot

my hitachi 160gb gets 72F
my cpu most like 94f and im over clocked by 12%
my gpu like 88F i believe. thats over clocked as well by like 6%
my motherboard hottest was 106F
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
lil