Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-19-2009, 04:23 AM
mavmech13 mavmech13 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View mavmech13's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mavmech13's Photo Album Add mavmech13's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint SERO question

I was lucky enough to get on the SERO plans for myself and my fiance before Sprint took them away. Anyway we are coming up for upgrade and I'm getting the impression we will have to switch to the new everything plus plans if we do the actual upgrade. My fiance has the first Rumor and wants the Samsung Exclaim, would there be any problems buying the phone outright and doing an ESN change? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mavmech13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View benmiller's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View benmiller's Photo Album Add benmiller's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint SERO question

well I actually do believe that they can not force you too actually upgrade your plan you dont even have to resign your plan for more time I would just inquire about doing and equipment update and if they say you have swithc plans ask why because either of those phones do not require a certain plan and if they insist ask to talk to there supervisor because your at the end of your contract you can infact just tell them to f off and walk away and they lose a customer so they will be more than will to work with you.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benmiller For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro Chrome
Mobile OS: 6.5

View drdrewdown's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View drdrewdown's Photo Album Add drdrewdown's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

my girl & i both have SERO, she has a diamond i have a touch pro. her phone was replaced via insurance from the vogue. i bought mine from a lady in town off craigslist. had no issues activating/using or abusing the phone/service or anything. sprint isn't gonna try too hard to make u go to another carrier by pissing you off. i suggest being super nice on the phone with them & if you dont like the answer one CSR gives you, hang up & try another one.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to drdrewdown For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have 2 lines on sero and was able to upgrade with no problem, i got my upgrades at best buy... no rebates to wait on.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 05:37 PM

View mavmech13's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mavmech13's Photo Album Add mavmech13's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for your help. The reason I even asked is because I tried to do the upgrade online and the Sprint site said I would have to go through the new employee referral everything plus and I really don't want to change my plans so I wouldn't mind buying outright if I have to.

Again thanks for the help, I won't be upgrading until the end of the month but I will let you guys know how it went.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mavmech13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i got a sero line to and dont have to upgrade...... i will when the pro 2 and hero comes out though...... get the tp2 off of my sero line upgrade.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 07:38 AM
Tallest Member

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah you cant upgrade online, but best buy is great, im going to add a new sero line on Sept.6th or 8th... whenever the touch pro 2 comes out and then TOL the sero line LOL

Anyone want a Sero 500 line for 30 a month, if i can get them to mirror the line it will look like this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Mobile Model: Touch & Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: The Now Network

View mrpants20's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrpants20's Photo Album Add mrpants20's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by spivey8 View Post

i have 2 lines on sero and was able to upgrade with no problem, i got my upgrades at best buy... no rebates to wait on.
So when my contract is up in December I should be able to go to Best Buy and get a TP2 and stay on my current SERO 500? (original $30 SERO)

Old 08-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Mobile Model: htc mogul

View oghennylo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View oghennylo's Photo Album Add oghennylo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

interested in the sero spivey8. thanks for helping out the community.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Tallest Member

yes you will be able to upgrade at best buy.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 05:33 PM

“ Originally Posted by spivey8 View Post

yes you will be able to upgrade at best buy.
Really? I went to my actual sprint store here to see if they would be able to do it and they said that they couldn't touch SERO lines. I'm not doubting you just a little surprised
The Following User Says Thank You to mavmech13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 06:04 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by mavmech13 View Post

Really? I went to my actual sprint store here to see if they would be able to do it and they said that they couldn't touch SERO lines. I'm not doubting you just a little surprised
thats bullshit, i have sero accounts and have upgrades i can use whenever i want and have done in store and over the phone as well as at best buy. i would go in there and talk to a manager if they tell you that again.... and you cant use certain devices on sero like the instinct, palm pre, and many one or two others.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 07:09 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

thats bullshit, i have sero accounts and have upgrades i can use whenever i want and have done in store and over the phone as well as at best buy. i would go in there and talk to a manager if they tell you that again.... and you cant use certain devices on sero like the instinct, palm pre, and many one or two others.
That's good to know, I never really thought the people that worked there knew what the hell they were doing. The guy told me they could get fired if they upgraded my phones that I would have to do it over the phone. If I could go to best buy that would be awesome. The phones we are looking at are the Samsung Exclaim and the Treo Pro.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:18 PM

That's good to know, I never really thought the people that worked there knew what the hell they were doing. The guy told me they could get fired if they upgraded my phones that I would have to do it over the phone. If I could go to best buy that would be awesome. The phones we are looking at are the Samsung Exclaim and the Treo Pro.
yeah you should have no troubles that i can see unless the pro has the block but i dont believe that it does.....
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 07:32 PM

yeah you should have no troubles that i can see unless the pro has the block but i dont believe that it does.....
Right on thanks bro. The closest best buy is about 50 miles away so I should be headed down there Saturday so I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:01 PM

View mrpants20's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrpants20's Photo Album Add mrpants20's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

........... you cant use certain devices on sero like the instinct, palm pre, and many one or two others.
You can't use them even if you were to buy it from ebay or craigslist or something? WTF?

Old 08-20-2009, 08:04 PM
bigchico68
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

View bigchico68's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigchico68's Photo Album Add bigchico68's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I was lucky enough to get on the SERO plans for myself and my fiance before Sprint took them away. Anyway we are coming up for upgrade and I'm getting the impression we will have to switch to the new everything plus plans if we do the actual upgrade. My fiance has the first Rumor and wants the Samsung Exclaim, would there be any problems buying the phone outright and doing an ESN change? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance.
You will be good to go, the only phones that require the Everything plans are the Pre and the Instinct. If you get a PDA then you have to have a data plan of at least $25 to get the MIR

--------- New Post Merged on 20/8/2009 at 0922 --------

“ Originally Posted by mrpants20 View Post

You can't use them even if you were to buy it from ebay or craigslist or something? WTF?
No it doesn't matter where the phones come from, they still require the everything plans. It is unfortunate yes, but at least there are only two phones that require it and they aren't even that great of phones. Well the pre is nice, but the instinct isn't.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 11:03 PM

“ Originally Posted by bigchico68 View Post

No it doesn't matter where the phones come from, they still require the everything plans. It is unfortunate yes, but at least there are only two phones that require it and they aren't even that great of phones. Well the pre is nice, but the instinct isn't.
I was hoping to pick up a pre once they drop in price a little..... Hope they dont do that to the TP2

Old 08-21-2009, 01:53 AM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

just in reference to a comment earlier about Sprint not touching SERO plans. I don't know if a SERO plan comes up as an employee plan or not, but it's true if it does. We cannot touch anyone account that has any kinda of employee discount on it or any employee plan on it. And I myself went to a corporate store and I work for Sprint as well and they were not even allowd to access my account at all. I have the same policy at my Sprint Store. Just an fyi for any wondering. I dont know if it has always been that way, but I can confirm it is now. I have my upgrade I'm saving for touch pro 2 when it drops. But before I use my upgrade, I'm gonna try to get mine thru tep since they quit selling the touch pro's already, they will run out in the warehouse just like the moguls and when they do I will get my pro2 for free like i did my touch pro. then I will have my upgrade still and my palm pre up for trade, smile... hopefully we get the Hero
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2009, 07:16 AM
Tallest Member

“ Originally Posted by ON3/\L View Post

just in reference to a comment earlier about Sprint not touching SERO plans. I don't know if a SERO plan comes up as an employee plan or not, but it's true if it does. We cannot touch anyone account that has any kinda of employee discount on it or any employee plan on it. And I myself went to a corporate store and I work for Sprint as well and they were not even allowd to access my account at all. I have the same policy at my Sprint Store. Just an fyi for any wondering. I dont know if it has always been that way, but I can confirm it is now. I have my upgrade I'm saving for touch pro 2 when it drops. But before I use my upgrade, I'm gonna try to get mine thru tep since they quit selling the touch pro's already, they will run out in the warehouse just like the moguls and when they do I will get my pro2 for free like i did my touch pro. then I will have my upgrade still and my palm pre up for trade, smile... hopefully we get the Hero
They are still selling the TP on sprints website, so how are they not selling them anymore?

The Following User Says Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2009, 07:26 AM
bigchico68

View bigchico68's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigchico68's Photo Album Add bigchico68's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yes that is correct stores can not access employee plans unless it is the manager at a corporate store and even then they aren't supposed to. You have to call into employee care, however I have been able to access sero accounts before. Don't know if maybe it was just a fluke I was able to, but I have once or twice.

--------- New Post Merged on 21/8/2009 at 0857 --------

“ Originally Posted by mrpants20 View Post

I was hoping to pick up a pre once they drop in price a little..... Hope they dont do that to the TP2
You don't have to worry about that. There is no plan restriction on the TP 2.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Tallest Member

Yes that is correct stores can not access employee plans unless it is the manager at a corporate store and even then they aren't supposed to. You have to call into employee care, however I have been able to access sero accounts before. Don't know if maybe it was just a fluke I was able to, but I have once or twice.

--------- New Post Merged on 21/8/2009 at 0857 --------

You don't have to worry about that. There is no plan restriction on the TP 2.

ive never had a problem with my sero plan in the sprint store or best buy. Glad to know the TP2 can be on sero now how much lol.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:14 AM
bigchico68

Yeah sero is kind of different from employee plans but I am glad to know best buy can access them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2009, 05:44 PM

Yeah sero is kind of different from employee plans but I am glad to know best buy can access them.
x2. I don't really like waiting for things in the mail if I don't have to so going to best buy is a lot better because I walk outta there with my new phone I just hope they have the phones I want in stock
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mavmech13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCH PRO !!!!!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View bigmix81's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigmix81's Photo Album Add bigmix81's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

so whats the next best thing to the sero plan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigmix81 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Tallest Member

“ Originally Posted by bigmix81 View Post

so whats the next best thing to the sero plan
employee plans

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2009, 09:55 PM
bigchico68

Yep there isn't really anything better than an employee plan except the new everything referral plans, which don't really compare to the old sero. They are definitely more expensive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCH PRO !!!!!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View bigmix81's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigmix81's Photo Album Add bigmix81's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i gotta befreind an employee

--------- New Post Merged on 22/8/2009 at 1220 --------

i gotta be freinds an employee
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigmix81 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2009, 12:46 PM

we are getting the hero through sprint and sero is a sprint employee referral offer and not an employee account thus why they can be changed in store by the sales people.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2009, 08:09 PM
bigchico68

we are getting the hero through sprint and sero is a sprint employee referral offer and not an employee account thus why they can be changed in store by the sales people.
Correct, I have no issues accessing sero accounts.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2009, 09:38 PM

Ok here's how it went today. Went to BB and they didn't have the Treo Pro so in an effort just to get my upgrade done with I decided on the HTC Snap. Well they wanted to charge me a little over $300 for it plus they told me they didn't have the Treo Pro because Sprint discontinued it. I finally got fed up and just bought my phones on ebay outright and I'll just do an ESN change when I get them. Thanks for all the help though guys
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mavmech13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2009, 01:05 PM

another quick question guys. We just bought the phones outright but now my fiance isn't getting picture mail could it be because she went from a non EVDO phone to one with EVDO? She went from the Rumor to the Exclaim. Thanks again everyone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mavmech13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2009, 01:14 PM

another quick question guys. We just bought the phones outright but now my fiance isn't getting picture mail could it be because she went from a non EVDO phone to one with EVDO? She went from the Rumor to the Exclaim. Thanks again everyone.
no clue i would ask the sprint store about that and if the phone is picture mail compatible which im pretty sure it has to be.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Tallest Member

just call in and tell them you went from a non evo to an evo and they will fix it.

had the same problem when my wife got the rumor

Old 08-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View benmiller's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View benmiller's Photo Album Add benmiller's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lucky your not on a sprint advantage + plan I had a couple come in and because of the area they are in here (iPCS Wireless) sprint corprate is saying there no longer avaliable for the plan and are forcing them off it. I guess the law suite between the 2 had something to do with the bad blood between sprint and its largest sprint affiliate.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benmiller For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2009, 05:27 PM

Well it's working now I just had to set up her picture mail on the new phone. Glad it's not too big of a deal if it happens again just to switch to a EVDO plan. Once again thank you guys
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mavmech13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2009, 10:24 PM
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

so i got the $20 plan for sprint (employee plan for radioshack).. my girl has sprint... also... had a ?... so if i called sprint and asked for a discount on her account will they give it to her?.. i think its 17% discount.. i know sero was super discount but does anyone know if they will allow that?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2009, 10:37 PM

“ Originally Posted by Kiit408 View Post

so i got the $20 plan for sprint (employee plan for radioshack).. my girl has sprint... also... had a ?... so if i called sprint and asked for a discount on her account will they give it to her?.. i think its 17% discount.. i know sero was super discount but does anyone know if they will allow that?
no i dont think they will allow additional discounts on top of employee.... usually it is only one discount and whatever is the best is what they use.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:55 PM
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/fs-sprint-sero-t190067p5.html?t=190067&page=5

is this true???? anywhere where i can look up info on how to get this??...
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2009, 07:41 PM

“ Originally Posted by Kiit408 View Post

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/fs-sprint-sero-t190067p5.html?t=190067&page=5

is this true???? anywhere where i can look up info on how to get this??...

you need to purchase one since they dont offer anymore or fined someone with it on their account currently and than you can add another and have it transferred.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
question, sero, sprint