Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Juiceman Juiceman is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint HTC Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Juiceman's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Juiceman's Photo Album Add Juiceman's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Help me pick a rom

Hey guys.

I have a HTC Touch Pro through sprint. Right now I'm running an older Might Rom and it seems to be pretty cool but it has a few bugs here and there and can get glitchy... I'm looking for a faster operating and/or smoother operating ROM for this device.

I really like Opera, but it doesn't have Flash. I'd prefer Opera w/ Flash if that comes in a rom, or if someone knwos how to install flash, that would be great too.

The main thing I'm interested in is smoother/more-stable operation and web browsing and stuff...

Also having the unlocked-tethering might be cool, though I don't know how to actually use it yet with windows or linux (ubuntu).

Gimme some ideas! There are so many cooked roms and from what I can tell they all seem so much the same... There is very little info on how stable they are or if they fit my needs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Juiceman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Help me pick a rom

Im running NSFAN rom right now for the pro and i really reccomend this rom pretty good on battery no glitches or bugs its been a really good rom until this point, but like they say its self preference do reccomend to try a couple of different roms so u can personally choose one..good luck

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to parna1973 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

nfsfan, gokus GSS, nrgz, (currently running) jew will be releasing soon as well as kaos. there are many good ones out there demolition isnt bad... its all personal preference in the long run.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by parna1973 View Post

Im running NSFAN rom right now for the pro and i really reccomend this rom pretty good on battery no glitches or bugs its been a really good rom until this point, but like they say its self preference do reccomend to try a couple of different roms so u can personally choose one..good luck

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

nfsfan, gokus GSS, nrgz, (currently running) jew will be releasing soon as well as kaos. there are many good ones out there demolition isnt bad... its all personal preference in the long run.
absolutely true. you'll need to run several, and even then you'll find thinks you do and don't like about each of them. Personally, I've ran almost every CDMA ROM I could get my hands on. Settled on the latest NRG Warhawk ROM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PsyChoTk For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 06:01 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

absolutely true. you'll need to run several, and even then you'll find thinks you do and don't like about each of them. Personally, I've ran almost every CDMA ROM I could get my hands on. Settled on the latest NRG Warhawk ROM.
yuppers settled on that onemyself and liking it thus far... i liked gokus but the text message problem was too much and my contacts that i was messsaging were getting pissed.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Mobile Model: TP
Mobile Carrier: pageplus

View docnas's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View docnas's Photo Album Add docnas's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Personally i find the Psyki Rom from ppcgeeks to be the one i like the most. I tried silence roms as well as the Energy rom and the Mighty roms but just felt that the new Psyki has the best battery life and stableness.Give it a try you might like it also.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to docnas For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ive flashed 3 times my self today and went back to the energy rom ....i really liked it battery life was ok but the graphics and the smoothness are awesome.....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 06:32 PM

“ Originally Posted by tlpalmer01 View Post

ive flashed 3 times my self today and went back to the energy rom ....i really liked it battery life was ok but the graphics and the smoothness are awesome.....
much agreed and thats why you always have a backup battery and or car charger
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Mobile Model: TP
Mobile Carrier: pageplus

View docnas's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View docnas's Photo Album Add docnas's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I will have to agree with the looks of the Energy rom looks wise and smoothness its awesome but battery for me was a real problem .Psyki the new 6.5 beta though i can say rivals the energy rom in slickness and is better in battery life. but as everyone says its like a flavor of icecream its all upto your personal preference.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to docnas For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 08:08 PM
bigchico68
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View bigchico68's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigchico68's Photo Album Add bigchico68's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I am currently using using Energy Rom Warhawk and it is awesome! I have used juicy 8 and mighty 6, both of which are extremely fast and stable. I would recommend one of those three.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
pick, rom