Old 08-22-2009, 11:16 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Windows Mobile 7 delayed AGAIN

Windows Mobile 7 delayed AGAIN

20/08/09 0608 am by Matt - 265 words
Categories: News, Mobile Phones, PDA's & Accessories

While most Windows Mobile users may be eagerly awaiting the release of Windows Mobile 6.5, which has been promised as a free upgrade by a number of handset manufacturers, I think that everyone is aware that it's something of a stop gap to tide us over until Windows Mobile 7.
However, as reported on MoDaCo and Digitimes it looks like Microsoft are going to adopt some kind of two-tier approach to the WinMo OS. Windows Mobile 6.5 wont be dropped when 7 comes to market but will instead be dropped in price so that it may be used on lower-end handsets while Windows Mobile 7 will be top-tier.
The final death blow though has to be in the news that Windows Mobile 7 has had its anticipated launch date pushed back again and is now looking at a Q4 2010 release date! This simply begs the questions WHY? With so many other OS options out there now why would anyone hang on for over a year for the latest and greatest WinMo OS? With Android and iPhone handsets becoming ever more popular and ever more viable alternatives to WinMo surely this is the worst thing that Microsoft could do to their OS?
Microsoft is expected to officially launch Windows Mobile 6.5 on October 1, 2009 and add an upgrade version with a touch interface in February 2010, the sources indicated citing Microsoft roadmap.
Microsoft will not phase out Windows Mobile 6.5 from the market but will lower the OS price, when it launches Windows Mobile 7 scheduled in the fourth quarter of 2010, the sources added.

Posted by: Matt
[Source]

original blog posted here:

Code

http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs/index.php/2009/08/20/windows-mobile-7-delayed-again
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Mobile Model: NEW Htc Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Soon metro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View nanyjoker's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nanyjoker's Photo Album Add nanyjoker's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Windows Mobile 7 delayed AGAIN

wow.. i think thats really stupid. its prolly becuase of Iphone trying to pressure them and makeing it seem like windows 7 will be the greatest thing. and windows releases it too early, it will be the biggest failure
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nanyjoker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

He bro again lol think there gone whait on the bigger cpu tegra and the ohter development of these new cpu and device cant think of ohter reason maybey seven is puch back because the one change it and make it more like android rosie ui ? ohwell ho nows whe shell see and whait a littel longer

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View benmiller's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View benmiller's Photo Album Add benmiller's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ughhh looks like im not waiting around for windows. Is it just me or does it seem like there actually trying to loose customers though I bet your right with saying that with Rosie coming out they decide to alter some visual aspects of there design.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benmiller For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2009, 12:49 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by benmiller View Post

ughhh looks like im not waiting around for windows. Is it just me or does it seem like there actually trying to loose customers though I bet your right with saying that with Rosie coming out they decide to alter some visual aspects of there design.
its just that they are behind now.... they put all that time and effort into the pre and let the other projects go down for a lil thus pushing them back.... thats just my opinion and no real answer but sure does seem like they want the diehard fans to leave.... android does have apps for office
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i hope that when it drops it is the best os out there because i have been impressed with the other os like android and etc....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2009, 07:18 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

What I'm wondering is that how it will compare with the updated versions of the other OS's like android, osx mobile, webOS etc. When it releases, I mean I know it should rock but microsoft can't be thinking they will stay the same by that time. Updates are coming fast and all of them should have minor or even major updates by Q4 of 2010 so trying to catch up will only hurt them more since they are all moving forward at a fast pace, what they need to do is to add something never seen anywhere else and innovate rather then polish. Just like Palm did with the cards multitasking interface and synergy as well as apple did with multitouch and g-sensor when it first debut

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 12:37 PM

“ Originally Posted by tlpalmer01 View Post

i hope that when it drops it is the best os out there because i have been impressed with the other os like android and etc....
word, android is a great ui that i love and i have to admit i have purchased a sim for testing on the g1 so i can use it in real life and so far so good, i find it to be more stable than wm ans well as easier to use finger, and the app store is insane!! the only thing that yiu have to get used to is rooting the device.

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

What I'm wondering is that how it will compare with the updated versions of the other OS's like android, osx mobile, webOS etc. When it releases, I mean I know it should rock but microsoft can't be thinking they will stay the same by that time. Updates are coming fast and all of them should have minor or even major updates by Q4 of 2010 so trying to catch up will only hurt them more since they are all moving forward at a fast pace, what they need to do is to add something never seen anywhere else and innovate rather then polish. Just like Palm did with the cards multitasking interface and synergy as well as apple did with multitouch and g-sensor when it first debut
agreed they have to have the knock out interface that htc and others will want to work around and can do more with.... than they will be cooking and ready to go....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I hear all of yahll... personally... i been dying to get my hand on an android devie.. and this is shapping up to be the perfect reason n time to do so... buy the time im ready to upgrade, sprint will prolly have a very nice android device available, and itll probably be available before wm 7 lands... ...tsk tsk... not looking to good for windows, when it comes to more repeat buisness for me...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 01:02 PM

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

I hear all of yahll... personally... i been dying to get my hand on an android devie.. and this is shapping up to be the perfect reason n time to do so... buy the time im ready to upgrade, sprint will prolly have a very nice android device available, and itll probably be available before wm 7 lands... ...tsk tsk... not looking to good for windows, when it comes to more repeat buisness for me...
beginning of october is when it is supposed to be released if not delayed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Mobile Model: T-Mobile MDA
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

View mda16's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mda16's Photo Album Add mda16's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

I think wm 7 will drop before sprint gets an android device if we're lucky

The Following User Says Thank You to mda16 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 04:25 PM

“ Originally Posted by mda16 View Post

I think wm 7 will drop before sprint gets an android device if we're lucky
no in less than 2 months the hero is supposed to be released... we will see the hero way before wm7... think 6.5 isnt officially out yet..... thinking too far ahead......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Mobile Model: T-Mobile MDA
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

View mda16's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mda16's Photo Album Add mda16's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

no in less than 2 months the hero is supposed to be released... we will see the hero way before wm7... think 6.5 isnt officially out yet..... thinking too far ahead......
Wow I didnt know sprint was getting the hero. All you sprint users should be happy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mda16 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 06:46 PM

“ Originally Posted by mda16 View Post

Wow I didnt know sprint was getting the hero. All you sprint users should be happy
hell yeah we stoked!!!! i cant wait to get my hands on that puppy it just got cdma passed by the ftc a week or so ago if not mistaking.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
delayed, mobile, windows