Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-03-2009, 11:46 AM
BostonBull BostonBull is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View BostonBull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BostonBull's Photo Album Add BostonBull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
we cant do that anymore

Quick background.......9 year sprint customer, Corporate/Government level 3 account, haven't been under contract for the last 8 months, no new phone in 3 years.called today for the TP2. yes we have it in stock and ready to ship I am told. YAY! she then informs me that the absolute best rock bottom price she can offer me is 329.99. I politely barter back and forth and get nowhere. I then ask to be transferred to Retentions. I speak with retentions and they tell me that not only is that phone off limits to them, they are NO longer allowed to offer discounts or free phones to any customer! they said there new directive states Sprint corp would rather lose the customer than give a discount!?what's the real story?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BostonBull For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 01:18 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: we cant do that anymore

“ Originally Posted by BostonBull View Post

Quick background.......9 year sprint customer, Corporate/Government level 3 account, haven't been under contract for the last 8 months, no new phone in 3 years.called today for the TP2. yes we have it in stock and ready to ship I am told. YAY! she then informs me that the absolute best rock bottom price she can offer me is 329.99. I politely barter back and forth and get nowhere. I then ask to be transferred to Retentions. I speak with retentions and they tell me that not only is that phone off limits to them, they are NO longer allowed to offer discounts or free phones to any customer! they said there new directive states Sprint corp would rather lose the customer than give a discount!?what's the real story?
Well it depends on who you get on the phone, and it also depends on the type of customer and account. A lot of people now days want stuff for free or next to nothing and feel they are owed everything so Sprint has been getting none stop calls about "I want this phone or I'm leaving" etc etc, So, they have to have guidelines and rules and some people might walk away with something and some wont. I believe it really depends on several things, How long you been a customer, The Rate Plan your on, If you've called with this type of situation in the past to get yopur way, meaning if your a repeat offender or not, etc. Who knows, the person you spoke with might have just put in their 2 weeks and don't care about their job or your service, it's a call center. The person next to them may have worked something out. You should always write down there name and Rep ID for future reference. Good luck and yeah they are cutting back on just giving stuff away and $329.99 is a deal on the phone, it's $450.00 normally then you get a mail in rebate. You should've took it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by ON3/\L View Post

Well it depends on who you get on the phone, and it also depends on the type of customer and account. A lot of people now days want stuff for free or next to nothing and feel they are owed everything so Sprint has been getting none stop calls about "I want this phone or I'm leaving" etc etc, So, they have to have guidelines and rules and some people might walk away with something and some wont. I believe it really depends on several things, How long you been a customer, The Rate Plan your on, If you've called with this type of situation in the past to get yopur way, meaning if your a repeat offender or not, etc. Who knows, the person you spoke with might have just put in their 2 weeks and don't care about their job or your service, it's a call center. The person next to them may have worked something out. You should always write down there name and Rep ID for future reference. Good luck and yeah they are cutting back on just giving stuff away and $329.99 is a deal on the phone, it's $450.00 normally then you get a mail in rebate. You should've took it.

right, but i would make sure that they do say that you will get the mail in rebate... the reason that they are doing it that way is because technically they are already giving you a deal...... the phone is gonna be cheaper for yuou and you would resign for two years.... technically they dont have to give you that since you only get a 75 dollar credit after 1 year which is when they are only supposed to over the discounts on the devices...... that means that you are getting a new phone every year which really isnt bad if you think about it.... sure you have to resign for 2 with them but technically its just a 1 year extension if you think about it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 07:43 PM
BostonBull BostonBull is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul

View BostonBull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BostonBull's Photo Album Add BostonBull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I hear ya. I just had higher hopes I guess.

I have a $150 upgrade available to me right now. I was told I can either use that off of $599, or take the deal for $329.

I am waiting to hear back from retentions, the supervisor I spoke with is seeing who the rep is that handles our accounts, and if there is anything that person can do. She said if there isnt I should call telesales back and ask to speak with a supervisor and see what they might do.....OR wait until retentions has access to it, call back and roll the dice on getting it at cost.

Worth a shot I guess!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BostonBull For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by BostonBull View Post

I hear ya. I just had higher hopes I guess.

I have a $150 upgrade available to me right now. I was told I can either use that off of $599, or take the deal for $329.

I am waiting to hear back from retentions, the supervisor I spoke with is seeing who the rep is that handles our accounts, and if there is anything that person can do. She said if there isnt I should call telesales back and ask to speak with a supervisor and see what they might do.....OR wait until retentions has access to it, call back and roll the dice on getting it at cost.

Worth a shot I guess!
its def worth a shot and good luck, best wishes to you on getting this all figured out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I know at least you tried .... I'm gonna try something myself soon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronaldsdv For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch by HTC

View anomoly's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View anomoly's Photo Album Add anomoly's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yup... i'm up in OCT... and i have a SERO account... so this should be fun... but the TP2 is sooo lovely, and HTC even added a 3.5 mm head phone jack for me

It really is all in who you talk to. also this is their hottest business phone at the moment (and was just released this week) don't expect a lot of give on that price for right now.

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
anymore