Old 09-09-2009, 06:14 PM
jr5416 jr5416 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Car problems

ok guys this is what is going i installed a brand new battery on my car bout 2months ago havent ran my car for over a month bc me thinking the battery was the problem when my car was acting up well just so happens it wasnt so i bought an alternator today installed ,battery dead so i get in my girls car pull it near mine and try jumping it well smoke would start comming out of cables the cables would burn so thinking it could be the cables i grab some others and same think the others burn as well so my question to you guys is what can be causing this ?Thanks any help greatly app

The Following User Says Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Supporter/Designer
Mobile Model: TouchPro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

View DJCaSpER's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DJCaSpER's Photo Album Add DJCaSpER's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Car problems

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

ok guys this is what is going i installed a brand new battery on my car bout 2months ago havent ran my car for over a month bc me thinking the battery was the problem when my car was acting up well just so happens it wasnt so i bought an alternator today installed ,battery dead so i get in my girls car pull it near mine and try jumping it well smoke would start comming out of cables the cables would burn so thinking it could be the cables i grab some others and same think the others burn as well so my question to you guys is what can be causing this ?Thanks any help greatly app
r u sure that u put them on the right colors. plus is her car a new car or old car? because on newer cars u can mess them doing a jump. plus ur bat could have dead cells

Old 09-09-2009, 07:46 PM

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by DJCaSpER View Post

r u sure that u put them on the right colors. plus is her car a new car or old car? because on newer cars u can mess them doing a jump. plus ur bat could have dead cells
Yea bro i double checked and her car is a 97 so 2 old and dead cells ?Hmm the battery was working when installed bout 2 months ago could they have gone bad that fast from not running ?

Old 09-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yea bro i double checked and her car is a 97 so 2 old and dead cells ?Hmm the battery was working when installed bout 2 months ago could they have gone bad that fast from not running ?
dead cells is a possibility. what you need to do is hate to say try a full battery. If even your girls. Hook it up with car off see if their is a draw off battery.You need a multimeter.could be trunk light, glove box, over head, or even hood light. Something is drawing juice and killing battery. I mean your not reversing then. I seen cables burn from bad grounds as well..so check your grounds. When you replaced alternator, you did make sure to put washers back exact way right? sometimes their insulators. and improper install will cause that...So some stuff to check. now go ....go check...lol
Old 09-09-2009, 07:55 PM

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

dead cells is a possibility. what you need to do is hate to say try a full battery. If even your girls. Hook it up with car off see if their is a draw off battery.You need a multimeter.could be trunk light, glove box, over head, or even hood light. Something is drawing juice and killing battery. I mean your not reversing then. I seen cables burn from bad grounds as well..so check your grounds. When you replaced alternator, you did make sure to put washers back exact way right? sometimes their insulators. and improper install will cause that...So some stuff to check. now go ....go check...lol
Well maybe ill just go back to walmart where i got batt from and tell them to check it for me ,and yea i think i did everything right bro i change the serpintine belt and alternator put everything back the way it was man im confused

Old 09-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well maybe ill just go back to walmart where i got batt from and tell them to check it for me ,and yea i think i did everything right bro i change the serpintine belt and alternator put everything back the way it was man im confused
then do that check battery. if bad get new...then look for a draw...somethings eating juice? got a system? remote to amps turning off?
Old 09-09-2009, 08:16 PM

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

then do that check battery. if bad get new...then look for a draw...somethings eating juice? got a system? remote to amps turning off?
Yea bro will do that tomm thanks and something did drain that battery but does that mess up the battery ?

Old 09-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

sounds like kaos is saying you have a parasitic drain somewhere...... i would look ast what he mentioned since it does seem like something may be playing a tolll in draining the battery beyond belief....
Old 09-09-2009, 09:33 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

sounds like kaos is saying you have a parasitic drain somewhere...... i would look ast what he mentioned since it does seem like something may be playing a tolll in draining the battery beyond belief....
yea true but member it hasnt been running for over 6months

Old 09-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yea true but member it hasnt been running for over 6months
6 months? where did you get that from? he said 2 months that it hasnt been started up but worked fine when he added that battery 2 months before..... sounds like something was draining the battery like a glove box light, trunk lid light, bad ground or power on the stereo so settings are saved, etc...... something has to be draining the battery to cause it to be that low and such or get the bad cells. just my personal experience from working and body shops as not only a body man but a painter also.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:11 AM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

6 months? where did you get that from? he said 2 months that it hasnt been started up but worked fine when he added that battery 2 months before..... sounds like something was draining the battery like a glove box light, trunk lid light, bad ground or power on the stereo so settings are saved, etc...... something has to be draining the battery to cause it to be that low and such or get the bad cells. just my personal experience from working and body shops as not only a body man but a painter also.
Thats what i meant to say sorry 2 months .And im going to look for anything that can be on to see if i could fix the problem should i take the battery out and get it checked ?

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
car, problems