ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
PlayStation 4 revealed contains glass

PlayStation 4 revealed, contains glass (Concepts)

Looking for all the world like a pretentious kitchen scale, here’s a conceptual image of the next PlayStation home console, according to designer Tai Chiem.

Looking for all the world like a pretentious kitchen scale, here’s a conceptual image of the next PlayStation home console, according to designer Tai Chiem.

If that name rings a bell, it’s because I posted Tai’s Xbox 720 concept as well. The good news is Tai’s PlayStation 4 looks waaaay better (which isn’t hard) than his Xbox, even if it is just as impractical (and a potential nightmare to clean).

There’s also something horribly flimsy about all of that glass, and I’m not convinced that part-glass controller will stand up to daily use. Actually, glass must rank just below clay and tree bark in Materials Most Suited to Making a Games Console.

Some more shots below:The good news is Tai’s PlayStation 4 looks waaaay better (which isn’t hard) than his Xbox, even if it is just as impractical (and a potential nightmare to clean).

There’s also something horribly flimsy about all of that glass, and I’m not convinced that part-glass controller will stand up to daily use. Actually, glass must rank just below clay and tree bark in Materials Most Suited to Making a Games Console.

Some more shots below:

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2009, 10:17 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: PlayStation 4 revealed contains glass

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

PlayStation 4 revealed, contains glass (Concepts)

If that name rings a bell, it’s because I posted Tai’s Xbox 720 concept as well. The good news is Tai’s PlayStation 4 looks waaaay better (which isn’t hard) than his Xbox, even if it is just as impractical (and a potential nightmare to clean).

Some more shots below:The good news is Tai’s PlayStation 4 looks waaaay better (which isn’t hard) than his Xbox, even if it is just as impractical (and a potential nightmare to clean).

Some more shots below:

if the ps4 looks like this i will definitely be first in line to buy it, just so i can look at it every day.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hahhaha word but the control and glass and on the system.... seems risky to me in case of small drop or something hitting ionto it... especiually the control is what i would worry about.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:28 PM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahhaha word but the control and glass and on the system.... seems risky to me in case of small drop or something hitting ionto it... especiually the control is what i would worry about.
thats what i got carpet for, i guess stepping on it might do some damage, prolly the only thing i would worry about, i thought the whole 4th generation was supposed to be controllerless...

Old 09-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Shizzile on the WIzzel
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT phone on MTS
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 2,069 Times in 450 Posts

View PROBEX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PROBEX's Photo Album Add PROBEX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

O but it is sexy as hell... At least I think so.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Man this looks amazing .... cant imagine how much it would cost ...... since it is extremely fancy and top of the notch in design
Old 09-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Mobile Model: T-Mobile MDA
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

View mda16's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mda16's Photo Album Add mda16's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

that looks expensive lol. It looks real futuristic imo

Old 09-09-2009, 11:44 PM

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

that is exactly what I was thinking I cannot imagine the price tag on that
Old 09-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View benmiller's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View benmiller's Photo Album Add benmiller's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I wouldn't be to worried depending on what type of glass they use plus any glass that is thick enoughis really hard to break depending on how its beentreated like safety glass it may be more durable than the thin plastic they tend to use.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:51 PM
The VenumX Factor

it would be ridiculously expensive if they had that glass panel with the touchpanel on it...just because of the HUD type layout...

Old 09-10-2009, 12:19 AM

like someone told me it is just a prototype .... so we will see ... it will be expensive as hell
Old 09-10-2009, 03:24 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

that looks awesome but will it be they realy thing keeping the glass dust free all they time and the remote whit glass is asking for troubles lol and most inportant whas gone be in the inside of this

GRTZ CYBER WWEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

Old 09-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch by HTC

View anomoly's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View anomoly's Photo Album Add anomoly's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

looks great... but where the heck am i going to put this thing?! my current PS3 fits nice in my entertainment center... unless it has built in wireless HDMI, im not sure where i can place it on 'display' . not to mention... that much glass... i would be afraid of that thing dropping. (with all the wireless motion tech that will be built in).

Old 09-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Wow great find bro looks like im going to have to save alot of pennys for this one

Old 09-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

dam that looks sweet as hell, if anyone remembers the tv show "the jetsons"..thats what it reminds me of so futuristic.....
Old 09-10-2009, 03:34 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

thats what i got carpet for, i guess stepping on it might do some damage, prolly the only thing i would worry about, i thought the whole 4th generation was supposed to be controllerless...
yeah for sure could you imagine going into the ER with a huge slice on your foot and when they ask you how you did it and you would be like stepped on my ps4 controller and the glass broke lmao
Old 09-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Mobile Model: iphone 3gs
Mobile Carrier: at&t
Mobile OS: Iphone

View claudius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View claudius's Photo Album Add claudius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wow this is beyond clean tears are going down my face where in the future
Old 09-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Think of all the ER, for lacerations, visits when there is a fight between two players.

Or on release day when someone buys one and smashes it infront of the line at Best Buy and after the riot, all the peeps with cuts.........I sence a road trip with my camera.............
Old 09-11-2009, 06:40 PM

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

Think of all the ER, for lacerations, visits when there is a fight between two players.

Or on release day when someone buys one and smashes it infront of the line at Best Buy and after the riot, all the peeps with cuts.........I sence a road trip with my camera.............

hahahah ill start taking donations so i can smash a new one at the feet in front of the sotre and you can tape it : )
Old 09-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahahah ill start taking donations so i can smash a new one at the feet in front of the sotre and you can tape it : )
i'm all over it. sounds like a plan. we could travel around breaking $(*t, record it and put it on youtube.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:48 PM

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

i'm all over it. sounds like a plan. we could travel around breaking $(*t, record it and put it on youtube.

hahahaha hell yeah than we can both do a mexican hat dance stomping that shit at the end on camera with steel toe boots and super thick soles haahhaahaah dont wanna cut our foots on the glass.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
glass, playstation, revealed