Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-10-2009, 05:40 AM
S/\NDM/\N S/\NDM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TOUCH PRO DOUCES
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View S/\NDM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View S/\NDM/\N's Photo Album Add S/\NDM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
funny text message

OK so i got a funny text message the other day from a a buddy of mine or so i thought it was him. The first message didn't make any sense s oi replied with "what???????", then an hour later another message still not making any sense agin i rely with "what??????". then i get a final message saying "(buddies wife's name) has sent you a sprint sms voice message call 408-970-0000 to listen." it looked funny so i didnt call it. the next day i asked him what the messages were all about he looked at me funny and said what messages,. i showed him and he said he never sent me the messages but he said he did get one message from me saying "what?????". So after i talked to him i called the number from a land line a automated machine tells me to enter my 10 digit phone number like voice mail, then enter pin code like voice mail, but i didn't do it,.......... after that i did nothing else not sure if its a hacker or what? i plan on calling sprint to see what the deal is, cus its never happened to me, and it just really weird that my buddy didn't send it to me then who did, and how did they do it under his contact info.

But anyways if anyone has any idea as to what is going on.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to S/\NDM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.5

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: funny text message

thanks for the heads up, kinda weird situation.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:37 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hmmm that sounds strange, it sounds like someone is trying to tap into your phone so they can use it.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by S/\NDM/\N View Post

OK so i got a funny text message the other day from a a buddy of mine or so i thought it was him. The first message didn't make any sense s oi replied with "what???????", then an hour later another message still not making any sense agin i rely with "what??????". then i get a final message saying "(buddies wife's name) has sent you a sprint sms voice message call 408-970-0000 to listen." it looked funny so i didnt call it. the next day i asked him what the messages were all about he looked at me funny and said what messages,. i showed him and he said he never sent me the messages but he said he did get one message from me saying "what?????". So after i talked to him i called the number from a land line a automated machine tells me to enter my 10 digit phone number like voice mail, then enter pin code like voice mail, but i didn't do it,.......... after that i did nothing else not sure if its a hacker or what? i plan on calling sprint to see what the deal is, cus its never happened to me, and it just really weird that my buddy didn't send it to me then who did, and how did they do it under his contact info.

But anyways if anyone has any idea as to what is going on.

you know that iphone sms hack where people could overtake your phone and control it through text message..... i know the same thing was found for wm and thats what they always ask... call sprint and give them those numbers and such and they will trace it to the culprit..... they always have a way and ask right away to be forwarded to the fraud department sicne he could have got info even though you didnt give it to him..... i would ask them to place a level one fraud alert on your account jsut to be sure, i had similar happen to me than rgot 50,000 bucks worth of fradulent charges hapen 4-5 months later. so def get on that and get them called so you have something to work with case you get some charges that you didnt make...
Old 09-10-2009, 07:14 PM

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

why did i get neg rep from ronaldsdv? and i see another thanked post by parna1973 but the threads name says "N/A", what's going on?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by fanaticny View Post

why did i get neg rep from ronaldsdv? and i see another thanked post by parna1973 but the threads name says "N/A", what's going on?
Im guessing he didnt find your post helpful so he tap the not useful hand it happens bro so dont just post anything on boards or ull get that .

Old 09-10-2009, 09:56 PM

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Im guessing he didnt find your post helpful so he tap the not useful hand it happens bro so dont just post anything on boards or ull get that .
this is off-topic though and ppl don't get agressive like that at spj, and all i did was thank the guy for letting the board know, is saying thanks to someone bad these days?, still not sure what what happened with the other thread showing up as N/A, Dash or PB any ideas?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

i HIGHLY doubt that since ronald just goes through hitting the thanks button at ramdom, so my guess is he did it by accident.

“ Originally Posted by fanaticny View Post

this is off-topic though and ppl don't get agressive like that at spj, and all i did was thank the guy for letting the board know, is saying thanks to someone bad these days?, still not sure what what happened with the other thread showing up as N/A, Dash or PB any ideas?
yeah bro, i dont think he meant to do that. with the new thanks system and all, i think he hit the wrong thumbs by accident. so is all good. im sure once he realize this he will change it.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:06 PM

“ Originally Posted by PHE-NOM View Post

i HIGHLY doubt that since ronald just goes through hitting the thanks button at ramdom, so my guess is he did it by accident.

yeah bro, i dont think he meant to do that. with the new thanks system and all, i think he hit the wrong thumbs by accident. so is all good. im sure once he realize this he will change it.
oh no, he's gonna get it now...lol j/k............error most likely,that's what i've been thinking all along.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:24 AM
S/\NDM/\N S/\NDM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TOUCH PRO DOUCES
Mobile OS: 6.1

View S/\NDM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View S/\NDM/\N's Photo Album Add S/\NDM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

you know that iphone sms hack where people could overtake your phone and control it through text message..... i know the same thing was found for wm and thats what they always ask... call sprint and give them those numbers and such and they will trace it to the culprit..... they always have a way and ask right away to be forwarded to the fraud department sicne he could have got info even though you didnt give it to him..... i would ask them to place a level one fraud alert on your account jsut to be sure, i had similar happen to me than rgot 50,000 bucks worth of fradulent charges hapen 4-5 months later. so def get on that and get them called so you have something to work with case you get some charges that you didnt make...
ya i call sprint and they are aware of what happened, the rep did a check of my account and so far no new charges and the rep made notes for the future. plus i told my buddy to call sprint to let them know for his side of the problem.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
funny, message, text