Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-15-2009, 11:07 AM
claudius claudius is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: iphone 3gs
Mobile Carrier: at&t
Mobile OS: Iphone

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View claudius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View claudius's Photo Album Add claudius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
out of the 4 major carriers which is the best 1

For the last month or so ive been trying to get a new phone but allways get stuck right when im bout to do the move. i came close to getting the iphone to the palm pre, tp2,thinking bout the hero. But i allways here rumors how the cell phone companys are bad i hear how tmobile have random charges or they say you dont pay your bill when u did, sprint has horrible covarage i kinda cosighn wit that because at my house my room is on on the second floor wide open window open street and i get like 1 bar while my friend has all of his, verizon dont let you do anything to your liking but has super service every where and att have horrible plans compare to other carries. What are some of the t and f
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claudius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: out of the 4 major carriers which is the best 1

Id have to go with sprint bro im always getting great reception no matter where im at in the past 3 years ive been with sprint i cant even remember the last time i had a dropped call its great to be with sprint .

Old 09-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Mobile Model: HTC diamond (alltel)
Mobile Carrier: verizon
Mobile OS: 6.1

View suka4luv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View suka4luv's Photo Album Add suka4luv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Best thing to do is to go on the websites and have a look for yourself that is what i do i am out of contract right now but have service with verizon since the take over, man i am gonna miss alltel , my old alltel plan can not be beat right now and verizon doesnt want to match it so i am trying to keep my old alltel plan for sure. That probably doesn't help but you need to go look at all that is availble and what your wanting that the key what do you want.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by claudius View Post

For the last month or so ive been trying to get a new phone but allways get stuck right when im bout to do the move. i came close to getting the iphone to the palm pre, tp2,thinking bout the hero. But i allways here rumors how the cell phone companys are bad i hear how tmobile have random charges or they say you dont pay your bill when u did, sprint has horrible covarage i kinda cosighn wit that because at my house my room is on on the second floor wide open window open street and i get like 1 bar while my friend has all of his, verizon dont let you do anything to your liking but has super service every where and att have horrible plans compare to other carries. What are some of the t and f
with verizon they are turning it all around after the purchase of alltel, alltel didnt cripple the devices, lock the gps, etc..... and now they dont have the gps lock on the tp2 and are doing the devices right, from what i hear they are not going to be doingt he crippling of the devices anymore since the buyout..... ill keep my fingers crossed for sure that they dont cripple them.... and jr it must just be the area because in my room i get 1 bar if im lucky, at my buddies the same as well as work..... cant wait to actually have signal and not have to charge my battery or put a new one in all the time because of the drain due to lack of signal.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Each carrier has a benefit. I am a Sprint person, because they have always done me right and at work no one gets a signal in here unless you are CDMA, which means Verizon and Sprint in my area. I am like JR and hardly ever have a bad signal. Area does make a difference, so look into your area. I also like Sprint, because they are not proprietary, unlike many other carriers. Other carriers are catching on and opening things up better, because of our society, so see how it fits you. Being a junkie, I like the idea I can do whatever I want with my phone and many parts of the service. I do like the idea of GSM and throwing a sim card into my world phone and being able to jump from phone to phone on a whim. The whole mobile to mobile Sprint just added to the picture doesn't hurt at all Research the carrier, the phone you want, your area, and make sure they all fit into what you are needing and looking for. To each his own

Old 09-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i use sprint. cause most time i get what i want at a good price.....plus roaming is free ...lol i can go off of other carrier towers for a low price...plus i have free voip. service with the airave at home. So all and all it rules. Iget full 7bars in my crib..
Old 09-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

i use sprint. cause most time i get what i want at a good price.....plus roaming is free ...lol i can go off of other carrier towers for a low price...plus i have free voip. service with the airave at home. So all and all it rules. Iget full 7bars in my crib..
The AirWave is tight as hell. If I thought my minutes were not enough (I just reduced minutes), I would have gotten the AirWave a while back. I love the concept.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:47 PM
claudius claudius is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: iphone 3gs
Mobile Carrier: at&t
Mobile OS: Iphone

View claudius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View claudius's Photo Album Add claudius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i agree 1 reason i like sprint is they let you do what u want with ur phone my friend has to pay for ringtones on his lg phone unless some1 sends it to him 1 of my homeboys just hit me up that tmobile is trying to buy sprint if its tru its 2 crazy
Old 09-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i had problems at first with sprint customer service but i have been with them this time a little over 1 1/2 years and just updated contract with them in march 09 so ill be with them for awhile cant afford to buy out contract but i really dont have any complaints at this time....i was on verizon and the customer service was great but the exhusband screwed me over on that and had to get new phone at best buy cause of credit card and at the time the touch was hot so here i am.............
Old 09-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

The AirWave is tight as hell. If I thought my minutes were not enough (I just reduced minutes), I would have gotten the AirWave a while back. I love the concept.
well for 10 bucks you get unlimited minutes over the airave. so if home its unlimited.

--------- New Post Merged on 16/9/2009 at 0834 --------

“ Originally Posted by claudius View Post

i agree 1 reason i like sprint is they let you do what u want with ur phone my friend has to pay for ringtones on his lg phone unless some1 sends it to him 1 of my homeboys just hit me up that tmobile is trying to buy sprint if its tru its 2 crazy
More like a merger....

LONDON - A deal with Sprint Nextel may allow Deutsche Telekom to boost margins at its T-Mobile U.S. unit and leapfrog rivals Verizon Wireless and AT&T in the race to provide fourth-generation services, but different network technologies will be a major sticking point, analysts said Monday.

Over the weekend, the U.K. newspaper The Sunday Telegraph reported that Europe's largest telecoms operator, Deutsche Telekom, was mulling a multibillion bid for Sprint Nextel Corp., the U.S.'s third-largest mobile operator, with a market valuation of around $10.6 billion.

Report of the tie-up being studied comes less than a week after the German group agreed to place its struggling U.K. mobile operations in a joint venture with France Telecom's Orange U.K. to create Britain's largest wireless operator.

With the fate of T-Mobile U.K. sorted, it makes sense for DT Chief Executive Rene Obermann to turn his attention to T-Mobile U.S., a business he has partly blamed for dragging on the group's results in the first quarter. At the time he said the unit's woes were "part structural," sparking speculation he may explore deals.

According to the Telegraph report, DT has been studying a tie-up with Sprint for more than a year but serious legwork began in earnest three months ago. The report didn't mention the level of the bid being considered.

Sprint shares leapt over 10 percent in early trade. Deutsche Telekom's U.S.-listed shares fell by around 1 percent. Representatives for both DT and Sprint declined to comment.

Analysts on Monday said the report should be taken seriously.

"The revival of this long-standing rumor should not be dismissed as merely a case of the rumor mill being turned once again," Daiwa Securities analyst Michael Kovacocy said in a note to clients.

He argued that a deal would be timely for DT because it faces an "impending significant deterioration" in its U.S. operations as a result of the dollar's weakness and an increasingly competitive market where T-Mobile's operations lack scale.

The unit is struggling to compete with larger rivals Verizon Wireless, a joint venture of Verizon Communications Inc. and Vodafone Group, and AT&T, which have better 3G networks, and with smaller operators offering cheaper deals.

A move to buy out Sprint may ease price competition by removing a major threat to T-Mobile U.S.'s customer base - Boost Mobile, Kovacocy said. The operator, which offers aggressively priced pre-paid services, is owned by Sprint.

Later on DT might even decide to consolidate the pre-paid segment by seeking to acquire Leap Wireless International or MetroPCS, Kovacocy added.

Another benefit of a DT-Sprint deal would be to give T-Mobile U.S. a presence in 4G data connectivity via Sprint's WiMax service.

But the merger would be extremely complex on the network side, industry analysts warned.

Sprint runs on CDMA and iDEN networks - inherited from Nextel - while T-Mobile U.S. runs on GSM and WCDMA. Sprint also has a stake in Clearwire, a WiMax expert. In other words DT and Sprint use completely different technologies.

"It would be quite a messy merger to pull through given the number of technologies to sort out. There are five technologies there trying to do one or at the most two things," said Phil Kendall, analyst at research house Strategy Analytics.

"Deutsche Telekom would have to spend a lot of money on figuring out a short- and medium-term path to transfer these different networks to a common 4G technology," he said.

In fact he stressed that Sprint itself has struggled to integrate its network following the acquisition of Nextel in 2006.

The upside of a deal, however, considering the technology hiccups at Sprint on the networks side, is that the asset would probably be relatively cheap and would allow T Mobile U.S. to snatch 49 million new subscribers.

Another hurdle to a deal, however may be political, UniCredit analysts warned Monday, as DT, which is partly government owned and controlled, would become one of the major mobile operators in the United States with a 30 percent market share. The German government has a 32 percent stake in DT.

On the financial side, a deal would have to be fully debt financed, UniCredit stressed, considering DT has in the past ruled out using its shares for the purpose of acquisitions. As a result, a deal may cause more than a one-notch downgrade.

For these reasons the broker said it believes a debt-financed acquisition is unlikely and that DT could come up with a different scenario, such as a joint venture, instead.

Meanwhile a tie-up could bring about benefits for telecoms-equipment giant Ericsson, Bernstein analysts said.

"Managing the Sprint networks and being the main supplier for T-Mobile network, we think Ericsson is in a very strong position to expand managed services to T-Mobile and benefit from the likely transition of Sprint networks to WCDMA-LTE technologies in the longer term," they said.

Ericsson shares were flat on Monday.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:47 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

technically speaking the list goes this way 1)verizon...2)ATT...3)Sprint...and 4)Tmobile.

That goes according to FCC and is measured by which carrier has more towers in more places....If I were u id go by what carrier works best where u mostly travel to, and live, for instance, here in nyc they all work the same lol, but in a small town u go with what works best.

Hope this helps u...
Old 09-17-2009, 05:10 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Interesting ... well I have sprint and by far I have no problems with the service or reception in my area ... I had Tmo and it was great although the reception in certain places was gone ..... I have heard verizon has a great service and that works in the subway ( at least here in DC ) and I had the same luck with Tmo in NYC ....
Old 09-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul and Touch Pro

View kr1m3boss's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kr1m3boss's Photo Album Add kr1m3boss's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well Im wit sprint and have been with them for about 6 yrs now and I would say the reception in my area is great, there customer service is also. But like maybe 5-6 months ago my lil sister wanted a phone and she wanted it to be wit Tmobile so I went ahead and got it for her. Remember this is just me and maybe my area but the reception sucks, She drops calls like crazy, and before I got her tmobile phone I actually thought about going with them just to try something different but now im like I will stay wit Sprint.

All I can say is do a lil research on the coverage in your area and pick the one thats best for you.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
carriers, major