Old 09-17-2009, 06:45 AM
CYBER WEESJE CYBER WEESJE is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC ProThree May Get Capacitive Screen Ahead of Windows Mobile 7

With the recent confirmation of the existence of the HTC Pro.Three as the rumored HTC Leo, we were wondering if the screen will actually be of the capacitive variety--you know, the same type that's on the iPhone that supports pinch and zoom. Well pinch me if it isn't true, but in the latest leaked video, we're seeing quite the pinch and zoom action on the Windows Mobile 6.5 edition of the HTC Pro.Three, which would bring capacitive touchscreens ahead of Windows Mobile 7.

HTC and Microsoft's hardware partners have brought technology to the table even before Windows Mobile officially supports it. This is a boon for consumers, who may lust after advanced technologies, but may create disparate APIs. Such was the case with the accelerometer, where HTC and Samsung supported different codes in the original Omnia and the Touch Pro.

Could Synaptics be behind the capacitive screen? The firm is a big name in computer touchpads and trackpads, and they have been a key partner with HTC in bringing capacitive touch to the HTC Hero along with a wide range of phones from an array of manufacturers.

Check out the video below for the pinching action.

&fs=1&hd=1" width="644" height="390">&fs=1&hd=1" />">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 09-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Mobile Model: TP/MOG/950
Mobile Carrier: sprint/boost CDMA

View sdwyz74's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sdwyz74's Photo Album Add sdwyz74's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC ProThree May Get Capacitive Screen Ahead of Windows Mobile 7

pretty nice but no keyboard?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by sdwyz74 View Post

pretty nice but no keyboard?
Thats what im saying i think now that ive had a great experience with my tp keyboard i think a phone aint a phone without it ,its just so much easier to type a txt then tapping on a touch screen to txt.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Mobile Model: TP/MOG/950
Mobile Carrier: sprint/boost CDMA

View sdwyz74's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sdwyz74's Photo Album Add sdwyz74's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Thats what im saying i think now that ive had a great experience with my tp keyboard i think a phone aint a phone without it ,its just so much easier to type a txt then tapping on a touch screen to txt.
what up jr how you been anyway this phone looks sick but i wont buy a phone with no keyboard as i do to much typing/texting anyway it still a tight unit yaaddaaa meaaaaaannnnn
Old 09-17-2009, 10:38 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

what up jr how you been anyway this phone looks sick but i wont buy a phone with no keyboard as i do to much typing/texting anyway it still a tight unit yaaddaaa meaaaaaannnnn
i dont mind on screen keyboards as long as they dotn have predictive text i hate that stuff :/

Old 09-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

i dont mind on screen keyboards as long as they dotn have predictive text i hate that stuff :/
agreed, thats the first thing that gets turned off from the settings on all the phones i have owned ppc wise.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:38 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I like it, it looks nice and all, but I am the same on the keyboard, it's not a touch pro w/ouyt the keyboard. I am prolly gonna trade my Pre for the Hero but the keyboard has me thinking.... idk, but the multi-touch on Windows is a huuuuuuge milestone, now we are getting somewhere
Old 09-17-2009, 10:54 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I agree, I don't like to type on screen I like the keyboard which is one of the 1,000,000,000 reason's I got rid of the instinct that phone SUCKED.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View deisel's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View deisel's Photo Album Add deisel's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this is the leo right is this thing coming out in the us ? on sprint i waited so f in long for the hero now as soon as im a few weeks away i see this video now im thinking hold off longer lol wtf is up with htc they need to put the phones in the hands of the ppl and not just keep releasing a better phone every week or offer sum sort of upgrade program send it back to htc or sumthing this is getting rediculous
Old 09-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I don't mind the SIP, although prefer a hardware keyboard, but regardless of direction, predictive text is gone, w/o a doubt.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:55 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by deisel View Post

this is the leo right is this thing coming out in the us ? on sprint i waited so f in long for the hero now as soon as im a few weeks away i see this video now im thinking hold off longer lol wtf is up with htc they need to put the phones in the hands of the ppl and not just keep releasing a better phone every week or offer sum sort of upgrade program send it back to htc or sumthing this is getting rediculous

hahah they are in it like any business and that is to make money..... but hell im not complaining, with all these new devices out it just makes these companies fight harder to get us the users getting the device which means more devices to choose from and higher quality devices.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 6.1

View blackdiamond017's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blackdiamond017's Photo Album Add blackdiamond017's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm with you guys on the keyboard for sure. But with the TP2, the keyboard experience is a lot better with the larger screen. I imagine with the leo, you may not even need a keyboard at all.

But then again, knowing HTC, they'll probably come out with the same phone with a keyboard shortly after lol.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

That phone has pretty big screen on it probably making it easy to do screen text. Heck i have a Diamond for over 6 months was fast on that small screen so sure it would a huge upgrade lol !!!

Old 09-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View gbogart100's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gbogart100's Photo Album Add gbogart100's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by deisel View Post

My thoughts on this phone is I doubt it is comming to the US and never in a million years to sprint for the time being. This phone is called the Htc touch HD2 and the original HD never made its way over here so I'm guessing its gonna stay in the forgein markets. If this came to sprint it would be like $600 subsidized lol. people complain about the TP2 being pricey...
Old 09-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View blackdiamond017's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blackdiamond017's Photo Album Add blackdiamond017's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by gbogart100 View Post

My thoughts on this phone is I doubt it is comming to the US and never in a million years to sprint for the time being. This phone is called the Htc touch HD2 and the original HD never made its way over here so I'm guessing its gonna stay in the forgein markets. If this came to sprint it would be like $600 subsidized lol. people complain about the TP2 being pricey...
Yeah that's true. All of this just makes me wonder what the next greatest step in Smartphone tech will be. I mean the Touch Pro 2 is off the chain but I wonder what HTC will wow us with next year....
Old 09-30-2009, 10:50 PM

View gbogart100's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gbogart100's Photo Album Add gbogart100's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by blackdiamond017 View Post

Yeah that's true. All of this just makes me wonder what the next greatest step in Smartphone tech will be. I mean the Touch Pro 2 is off the chain but I wonder what HTC will wow us with next year....
yeah dude, when you see a few phones like the F1 and the Leo and that toshiba phone all with 1ghtz processing speed, I'm really excited for what is comming next!! This is the future...today...er sometime in october for the leo...
Old 10-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Hero Yeah!!

View KJRain's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View KJRain's Photo Album Add KJRain's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

The screen on this thing is crazy.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View lacanfeisxn's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lacanfeisxn's Photo Album Add lacanfeisxn's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm all about the hardware keyboard, dang big fingers. which is what made my TP so aggravating when the keypad went out!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:59 PM

“ Originally Posted by lacanfeisxn View Post

I'm all about the hardware keyboard, dang big fingers. which is what made my TP so aggravating when the keypad went out!
i have to agree i grow more and more in love with my tp2's keyboard each and every day
Old 10-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View lacanfeisxn's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lacanfeisxn's Photo Album Add lacanfeisxn's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re HTC ProThree May Get Capacitive Screen Ahead of Windows Mobile 7

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i have to agree i grow more and more in love with my tp2's keyboard each and every day
How much better than the TP would you say the keyboard is in terms of usability. I have something I'm always doing just cause of key placement.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:41 PM

Re: Re HTC ProThree May Get Capacitive Screen Ahead of Windows Mobile 7

“ Originally Posted by lacanfeisxn View Post

How much better than the TP would you say the keyboard is in terms of usability. I have something I'm always doing just cause of key placement.
what are you talking about? this device doesnt have a pysical keyboard just virtual onscreen
Old 10-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Hero, TP2, TOUR
Mobile OS: 5.0

View iTouch24's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iTouch24's Photo Album Add iTouch24's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i can put this phone between my ass cheeks and would never know it was there... dont ask me why i would put it there ever though ... HaHa
Old 10-29-2009, 12:52 PM

“ Originally Posted by iTouch24 View Post

i can put this phone between my ass cheeks and would never know it was there... dont ask me why i would put it there ever though ... HaHa
ok i wont ask you why you would put it there but why would you think of putting an object between your cheeks that spends so much time by your mouth and on your face.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:11 PM

View iTouch24's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iTouch24's Photo Album Add iTouch24's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

it wasnt really a truthful statement... the statement i was trying to get across was DAM THIS DEVICE IS THIN?

i have to compare with the iPhone thickness
Old 10-29-2009, 02:32 PM

View kixcastillo77's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kixcastillo77's Photo Album Add kixcastillo77's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i've read in several pages that it would be coming to us in 2010, first quarter i think. anyone know of the validity of this.

Code

http://www.tmonews.com/2009/10/windows-mobile-midnight-madness/
Old 10-29-2009, 04:20 PM

“ Originally Posted by kixcastillo77 View Post

i've read in several pages that it would be coming to us in 2010, first quarter i think. anyone know of the validity of this.

Code

http://www.tmonews.com/2009/10/windows-mobile-midnight-madness/
its coming in november at the end of the month trust me on this one.... gonna be a good day for all the t-mobile ppc users that want to and or can afford to upgrade to a new toy for the holiday seasons.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:03 PM

its coming out for t-mobile .. how about sprint?
Old 10-29-2009, 07:07 PM

View kixcastillo77's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kixcastillo77's Photo Album Add kixcastillo77's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wow, i might even swittch to tmobile just for that lol seems lik,e a really sweet phone, i played with the hd for a while and i loved it.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
ahead, capacitive, htc, mobile, prothree, screen, windows