VenumX VenumX is offline   Thread Starter  
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Touch Pro 2 Review By VenumX

So here is my (VenumX's) take on the TP vs TP2 debate - Sorta a TP2 Review

GENERAL OVERVIEW/SCREEN/TILT
So i got my TP2 in today and after messing with it for about an hour my recommendation is, if you've got the money buy it cause the screen looks amazing on this device, also the tilt is really convenient for sprint navigation on the road, especially if you have on of those sticky mats for your dashboard...SprintTV also looks really sexy on that screen, makes me actually wanna use my phone for media again...

TF3D2
i was kind of disappointed that HTC just went with a gray background on the TF3D2, I really think they should have made it customizable for all tabs :/ The TF3D2 is what we would have expected tho very nicely laid out - the same as what you're used to on your TP just bigger

KEYBOARD
Ill start off by saying the keyboard is much larger on the TP2, not only because of the size of the phone itself, but also because the majority of the keys now have alternate functions as well; if you notice on the old TP this was not the case, the majority of the buttons had just one funtion (usually a letter). Also I don't like that HTC removed the tab button from the keyboard but they were smart about the comma on the keyboard, normally you have to press fn + period to get a comma instead they moved the comma to the left side of the spacebar and made it a primary key so that you dont have to push FN. They also removed the CTRL button which i've never really used before anyway and im not sure if it even had a use... Like i said a lot of the buttons have been merged with other buttons, no longer are dash and equals primary buttons they are the secondary functions of O and I, respectively. Overall the keyboard design on the TP2 has been very nice to type on and is spaced out a lot better; however they did sacrifice a keystroke for the user to get it this way.

HTC START MENU
Another big difference is the start menu on the new TP2, I like the setup they have its almost like the Motorola Q9 if you guys can remember that far back. When you push the start button it brings up a list of applications that you may find more useful or you may use on a daily basis, I find this as a VERY cool feature only because it is completely customizable which means for those people that used to find organizing icons on their start menu an annoying task, it has now been made easy for you. They give you 30 "favorite" slots on the initial start menu but if something you need is not on your start menu, you can press the "All Programs" button and get all of your programs...almost self explanatory! They do lock the Home, People, Calendar and Settings on that main menu, I'm not sure if that is unlockable or not yet...Overall makes things very easy to use and customize, THANKS HTC <3

CASE
NO CASE....WTF HTC?!!@#?/ My TP1 came with one

MEMORY CARD
NO MEMORY CARD EITHER?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME HTC?!??!?!!?

ZOOM BAR
So because HTC TP2 - Mostly (if not all) WM's fault - does not have capacitive touchscreen the TP2 fails to have an onscreen zoom feature...so what does HTC decide to use for an alternative a zoom bar right below the screen. This is an awesome idea because anyone that has tried to do the circle around what they want to zoom in on has accidently rotated the pictures on the old versions of HTC Album. Now no mistakes can be made, the zoom bar is the zoom bar there is nothing else it will do, this means no more accidental rotation!! "But VenumX how do I rotate the picture on the fly then?!" - now why would you wanna do a silly thing like that..or at least thats what HTC seems to think, there is no way - that i have found - to rotate the images in the HTC album so you will need a 3rd party app for that...sorry..

MEMORY CONSUMPTION
Since I've started this review the memory consumption has gone from 50% to 67% which tells me there is some kind of memory leak. I suspect that I just need to hard reset, I should have done this before I even used it so it's partially my fault and I was being greedy and wanted instant gratification

3.5MM HEADPHONE JACK
So the jack is really nice to have seperate from the charger but why did you put it that close to the charger port, what if i need more space!! Put the headphone jack at the top of the phone!! that way if i need audio on the bottom (charger dock ) i can just use that port but if i need audio on the top if that jack was up there i would be able to plug it in and sit it up right side up >.< CMON think about design at least a little bit HTC

SIM CARD
Thanks now i can travel anywhere outside of the US and still use the phone! too bad i never travel internationally :/ so how do i benefit from this?!?!? well let me tell you...you can back up your contacts to the SIM card just like you are a real-live GSM person! that's right! another medium to back up those precious phone numbers that you never call and just keep in your phone to be able to impress your friends by saying i have (insert absurd number here) contacts in MY phone...

I cant talk about the battery yet cause I haven't completely abused the phone yet :P but i suppose this is where I'm supposed to give my grand conclusion that changes your mind forever on getting the TP2. sorry to disappoint but I am non-conclusive on this...if you have the money GET THE DEVICE NOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING READING THIS?!?! if you are hard on money and this device is supposed to last you more than a year; wait for the new WM device and pass this one...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Touch Pro 2 Review By VenumX

Thanks for the review Venum very Helpful. From reading it tho looks like you get the short of the deal with TP2 no memory card or case what hell is that all about !!!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

He bro congrats whit your new tp2 and very nice review hope you guys can have the hard spl Quick so you can flash this thing lol agree whit the above i have case whit mine but for this price i expected a memory card but now lol send a complaind to the store lol but now respons yet

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

Old 09-18-2009, 12:48 PM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

Thanks for the review Venum very Helpful. From reading it tho looks like you get the short of the deal with TP2 no memory card or case what hell is that all about !!!!!
haha i know right!! i saw the size of the box and instantly i was like oh damn this dont come with shit lol...its sad when you get more accessories in the box with an LG Rumor than the HTC Touch Pro 2 (difference in price $300)

- added a sim card section the the review!

Old 09-18-2009, 12:51 PM

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

haha i know right!! i saw the size of the box and instantly i was like oh damn this dont come with shit lol...its sad when you get more accessories in the box with an LG Rumor than the HTC Touch Pro 2 (difference in price $300)

- added a sim card section the the review!
Word I am going to find some way to work the system either Sprint or Jump ship to Verizon since they seem to have no trouble taking away Sprint customers haha

Old 09-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

Word I am going to find some way to work the system either Sprint or Jump ship to Verizon since they seem to have no trouble taking away Sprint customers haha
hahha that they dont and did you notice the different atmospherre of the people caring in the verizon store.... they still may not know everything or nearly as much as we do about these devices but they try and they more importantly are willing ot help and not be lazy which in my area is what sprint is known for in the service center and such..... i know they have to write out a ticket but for real is a ticket that big of a deal ? only takes a couple minites to write out for heavens sake,
Old 09-18-2009, 01:06 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahha that they dont and did you notice the different atmospherre of the people caring in the verizon store.... they still may not know everything or nearly as much as we do about these devices but they try and they more importantly are willing ot help and not be lazy which in my area is what sprint is known for in the service center and such..... i know they have to write out a ticket but for real is a ticket that big of a deal ? only takes a couple minites to write out for heavens sake,
Yes I did notice that , was thinking the same thing. LIke they didn't care about phone modding they thought is was all really cool and went out of there way to help me so yeah must agree.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:33 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

VENUMX, your TP2 doesn't come with a Memory Card slot or doesn't come with a memory card? Mine came with a 1g card and has a memory card slot.

“ Quote ”

MEMORY CARD
NO MEMORY CARD EITHER?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME HTC?!??!?!!?

Old 09-18-2009, 01:42 PM
The VenumX Factor

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

VENUMX, your TP2 doesn't come with a Memory Card slot or doesn't come with a memory card? Mine came with a 1g card and has a memory card slot.
yeah no memory card where did yours come?

Old 09-18-2009, 02:05 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

nice review.But i'm still getting my HERO !!!! hahahahah

Old 09-18-2009, 02:10 PM
The VenumX Factor

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

nice review.But i'm still getting my HERO !!!! hahahahah
oh, me too, trust me :P

Old 09-18-2009, 02:12 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

oh, me too, trust me :P
lol i just got a mail from sprint to upgrade to a palm pre for 149.00 in my mind i said, nope hero yes...lol

Old 09-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Great review V, I just need to decide whether to give in or hold off. I have the money, but I'm savvy like that. It has to make sense, I can control urges, lol. we shall see.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:43 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

lol i just got a mail from sprint to upgrade to a palm pre for 149.00 in my mind i said, nope hero yes...lol

hahahah you made a great choice there my friend.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:45 PM
The VenumX Factor

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahahah you made a great choice there my friend.
completely agree, the way i see it right now Hero >= TP2 > Pre (notice the greater than OR equal to on the TP2 vs Hero comparison) haha

Old 09-18-2009, 08:46 PM

completely agree, the way i see it right now Hero >= TP2 > Pre (notice the greater than OR equal to on the TP2 vs Hero comparison) haha
hahaha i would have to agree..... selling my pre on fleabay right now.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 5.0

View Oakley's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Oakley's Photo Album Add Oakley's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Good review, now I just have to wait till Tuesday to get it in the mail.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
pro, review, touch, venumx