Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-19-2009, 05:21 AM
crookdbill crookdbill is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View crookdbill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crookdbill's Photo Album Add crookdbill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint Touch Pro 2 Dyed Battery cover

Well, you are limited to what color you can dye this battery cover but I wanted to dye it black mainly to get rid of all the orange!!! The dye was initially not sticking to the orange but I left the cover in the water for 15 minutes on low to medium heat and the orange finally got soaked black. Make sure you don't boil the water!!! If you want some more tips search for the how to for the touch pro 1. I was also able to dye the stylus' tail but the tip didn't seem to take. Hope this helps. The phones cover looks a million times better in my opinion! Let me know if you need any help and thank me if this helps you.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0029.jpg   IMAG0027.jpg   IMAG0025.jpg   IMAG0024.jpg  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to crookdbill For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 09-19-2009, 05:25 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Dyed Battery cover

Hi nice work i moved to off topic wrong section

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

Old 09-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

looking good, i like the all black but looks a little washed out.... did you buff with a pair or jeans or a grittier shirt?
Old 09-19-2009, 10:28 AM

View crookdbill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crookdbill's Photo Album Add crookdbill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

looking good, i like the all black but looks a little washed out.... did you buff with a pair or jeans or a grittier shirt?
Not yet. I was so excited about the orange going away that I took the pictures of it right away...I guess you don't have to worry about that back cover now Dash that you're at Verizon. I would go too if I could get as good of a deal as you did. HEHEHE!
Old 09-19-2009, 12:34 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post

Not yet. I was so excited about the orange going away that I took the pictures of it right away...I guess you don't have to worry about that back cover now Dash that you're at Verizon. I would go too if I could get as good of a deal as you did. HEHEHE!
word it should look very nice when it is buffed out... if you dont mind after doing that posting some pics that would be great and would love to see them.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:33 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

looks very nice. gives the sprint look life IMO

Old 09-21-2009, 11:13 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

word it should look very nice when it is buffed out... if you dont mind after doing that posting some pics that would be great and would love to see them.
Here are the updated pics. looks much better after a little buffing. Installed CMYLXGO's grey theme and now the phone looks right. I really hated all the orange.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00358.jpg   DSC00356.jpg   DSC00359.jpg   DSC00360.jpg  
Old 09-22-2009, 01:05 PM

Here are the updated pics. looks much better after a little buffing. Installed CMYLXGO's grey theme and now the phone looks right. I really hated all the orange.
looks very nice now!! the buffing did a lot for the phone thats for sure.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:58 AM
hack fiend
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View bbailey's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bbailey's Photo Album Add bbailey's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

that was a good dye job my friend, I dyed my pro back when I got it and the edges are turning purple. I'm gonna hold off on doing anything else to it until I upgrade in december to the pro2. looks good!!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:02 PM

“ Originally Posted by bbailey View Post

that was a good dye job my friend, I dyed my pro back when I got it and the edges are turning purple. I'm gonna hold off on doing anything else to it until I upgrade in december to the pro2. looks good!!
Thanks. My original pro did the same thing too. The nice thing about black is you can keep re-dyeing it and it won't get any darker I read some posts about people using a clear coat on top of the dye but I had a friend have a bad experience with clear coat. It made the dye and the plastic below bubble up and peel off.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:35 PM

Thanks. My original pro did the same thing too. The nice thing about black is you can keep re-dyeing it and it won't get any darker I read some posts about people using a clear coat on top of the dye but I had a friend have a bad experience with clear coat. It made the dye and the plastic below bubble up and peel off.

sounds like the clear coat wasnt sprayed correct........ could have been on too thick or too many layers of clear
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
battery, cover, dyed, pro, sprint, touch