Old 09-23-2009, 12:09 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Leo (Pro three) in december!

Considering that HTC declares that they make expensive handsets, the rumored PRO.Three pricing for the Taiwanese manufacturer at $800 isn't too bad--the iPhone unlocked retails for around $700-$800. What's more is that we're getting a little bit of additional information on the PRO.Three, including December availability.

Read on to find out more about battery life, device build, and USB hosting capabilities on this high-end Windows Mobile device

The device was recently spotted in someone's lucky hands as well (not mine, I can assure you that, else you'd have to amputate my hands to get the device out). WMPowerUser posted that the device will also have USB host capabilities, so you can perhaps plug in a hard drive, thumb drive, or input device like a mouse and keyboard. Perhaps this is HTC trying to capitalize off of all that Apple tablet hype, as the HTC PRO.Three, running Windows Mobile, can be a netbook/tablet replacement. The device is smaller than a netbook, but with USB host capabilities and the appropriate drivers, can mimic some more advanced features not found on many smartphones today.

Additionally, the device seems to be made from high quality materials, with a strong plastic case and metal battery door. We've seen that combination before on the BlackBerry Storm. Though the screen isn't mentioned to be made of glass, we hope HTC goes the extra mile here to truly give it a high end feel and minimize the risk of screen scratches on this high-end device.

Regarding the issue of battery life, the PRO.Three will last a power user through at least a day and a half! It looks like HTC may have optimized Windows Mobile to the fullest potential, giving power user an untethered experience without really having to worry about charging mid-day. Here's what WMPowerUser has to say about the device's lengthy battery life:

Besides demonstrating that it is a monster of a device, especially compared to the HTC Hero, B3ler3fonte confirmed the device has pretty good battery life, despite its anorexic frame, lasting 1.5 days of heavy use, including (defined by him as as watching 1 hour video, 2 hours of music listening and 1 hour of web browsing with 3g on all the time and some texting).

It seems that HTC has created a compelling device in light of the Acer F1, which lacks the capacitive screen. And it actually looks like a lot of you want the capacitive touch action, as seen on our recent poll. Now, let's just that hope HTC can rally developers behind the new digital compass feature for some reality view apps or programs!

Via: Pocket Now

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2009, 12:12 PM
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Leo (Pro three) in december!

Are you seriousley telling me that the leo is being released December this year?!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:16 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Kiit408 View Post

Are you seriousley telling me that the leo is being released December this year?!!!!!!!!!
not for us overseas only like always with all devices.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:20 PM
My Phone Is Black

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i've been waiting to just sleep with this phone right next to my bed pillow and just pet it while its playing my music and feed it .cab meals to keep it's lightweight beautiful stomach full... and charge it enough so it can flash me on those lonely nights... and have fun using the 3.5mm jack... im getting wet thinking about it.. lol... no homo...
Old 09-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View benmiller's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View benmiller's Photo Album Add benmiller's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Leo (Pro three) in december

hmmm wow thats a pretty big phone errr PPC well not really pocket sized Im going to say its a new class of device all together I want one. I think I can wait for a new device if its going to be this puppy.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:18 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah thats way to big...ill stick with TP2 and hero :P

Old 09-23-2009, 01:23 PM
My Phone Is Black

the way i look at it is the bigger the screen the bigger the movies the better the resolution hopefully lol...
Old 09-23-2009, 01:32 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Kiit408 View Post

the way i look at it is the bigger the screen the bigger the movies the better the resolution hopefully lol...
the last time i watched a movie on my phone was back on my motorola q >.<

Old 09-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

My only "issue" would be the functionality of the virtual keyboard for texting and emails.....plus it looks pretty light, which means i'd end up drop kicking it across a parking lot or two.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:00 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

Considering that HTC declares that they make expensive handsets, the rumored PRO.Three pricing for the Taiwanese manufacturer at $800 isn't too bad--the iPhone unlocked retails for around $700-$800. What's more is that we're getting a little bit of additional information on the PRO.Three, including December availability.

Read on to find out more about battery life, device build, and USB hosting capabilities on this high-end Windows Mobile device

The device was recently spotted in someone's lucky hands as well (not mine, I can assure you that, else you'd have to amputate my hands to get the device out). WMPowerUser posted that the device will also have USB host capabilities, so you can perhaps plug in a hard drive, thumb drive, or input device like a mouse and keyboard. Perhaps this is HTC trying to capitalize off of all that Apple tablet hype, as the HTC PRO.Three, running Windows Mobile, can be a netbook/tablet replacement. The device is smaller than a netbook, but with USB host capabilities and the appropriate drivers, can mimic some more advanced features not found on many smartphones today.

Additionally, the device seems to be made from high quality materials, with a strong plastic case and metal battery door. We've seen that combination before on the BlackBerry Storm. Though the screen isn't mentioned to be made of glass, we hope HTC goes the extra mile here to truly give it a high end feel and minimize the risk of screen scratches on this high-end device.

Regarding the issue of battery life, the PRO.Three will last a power user through at least a day and a half! It looks like HTC may have optimized Windows Mobile to the fullest potential, giving power user an untethered experience without really having to worry about charging mid-day. Here's what WMPowerUser has to say about the device's lengthy battery life:

Besides demonstrating that it is a monster of a device, especially compared to the HTC Hero, B3ler3fonte confirmed the device has pretty good battery life, despite its anorexic frame, lasting 1.5 days of heavy use, including (defined by him as as watching 1 hour video, 2 hours of music listening and 1 hour of web browsing with 3g on all the time and some texting).

It seems that HTC has created a compelling device in light of the Acer F1, which lacks the capacitive screen. And it actually looks like a lot of you want the capacitive touch action, as seen on our recent poll. Now, let's just that hope HTC can rally developers behind the new digital compass feature for some reality view apps or programs!

Via: Pocket Now

wow that's a thin phone..I dont think i can get used it being that i have a big hand..lol

Old 09-23-2009, 03:35 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

WOWWWWWWWW that is great. I like it, going to have to wait for that to hit the streets. Ummmmmm, so it looks like HTC stepped up their game big time. Yeah that on I am not going to put down, it will have to sleep next to me in the bed... LOL!

--------- New Post Merged on 23/9/2009 at 0416 --------

ok now you mean that they took away the keyboard? OMG i'm gunna die.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:45 PM

“ Originally Posted by mzlady26 View Post

WOWWWWWWWW that is great. I like it, going to have to wait for that to hit the streets. Ummmmmm, so it looks like HTC stepped up their game big time. Yeah that on I am not going to put down, it will have to sleep next to me in the bed... LOL!

--------- New Post Merged on 23/9/2009 at 0416 --------

ok now you mean that they took away the keyboard? OMG i'm gunna die.

yuppers thats the way that it looks... many phones are stepping away and leaving all on screen now all i klnow is that htc better have a great onscreen kb or there will be many upset customers.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:43 PM

View benmiller's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View benmiller's Photo Album Add benmiller's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

heck if it has usb host like its saying you can have a full size keyboard if you wanted one haha. I have still been meening to get a bluetooth one for my vogue but well theres never been a need for it. Plus with a screen that size it will be a pretty big onscreen keyboard anyways. If only it was running windows 7 haha.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Mobile Model: iphone 3gs
Mobile Carrier: at&t
Mobile OS: Iphone

View claudius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View claudius's Photo Album Add claudius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this is everything i been looking for in a wm phone big screen multitouch htc has done it for me please come 2 the us soon
Old 09-24-2009, 09:15 PM

View gbogart100's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gbogart100's Photo Album Add gbogart100's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

do you guys really think this phone could ever come to Sprint?? I wish there would be a way that it could. Im just in love with the snapdragon and the screen size. I think the speed is amazing and is the future of mobile phones.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:46 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yuppers thats the way that it looks... many phones are stepping away and leaving all on screen now all i klnow is that htc better have a great onscreen kb or there will be many upset customers.
I agree. I think the slide out keyboard is one of the BEST features of the phone, especially on the TP2 cause it tilts. I don't like the all touch screen phones cause they seem to have a lot of problems, well I know my old phone did. This may be different but I think that the slide out keyboard should still be a part of the phone for people that like that option.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:52 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Idk guys I kinda dig it, I mean I'm a fan of the hardware keyboard but the huge screen makes up for it since the keyboard would be a decent size on screen wouldn't be so bad. Not to mention could you imagine the 3rd party keyboards for that screen that would be floating around... I had some nice ones on my Vogue... I can assure you that there will be some good ones to run for a screen that size with multi touch on Winmo! I like it, I like the size of it while still being super thin.. on top of the technology its full off... I'll be waiting to see where this ends up I'm sure Sprint will have it maybe not 1st but worth the wait.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:01 AM

“ Originally Posted by gbogart100 View Post

do you guys really think this phone could ever come to Sprint?? I wish there would be a way that it could. Im just in love with the snapdragon and the screen size. I think the speed is amazing and is the future of mobile phones.

for sure sprint has carried all the other ones in this line so i dont see them, verizon, or bell in canada passing this up.... wouldnt make since since they all have gone from 6700, 6800, 6850, 6875 ( think that they ran out of numbers thus no keyboard hahaha)
Old 09-30-2009, 09:03 PM

View gbogart100's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gbogart100's Photo Album Add gbogart100's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

for sure sprint has carried all the other ones in this line so i dont see them, verizon, or bell in canada passing this up.... wouldnt make since since they all have gone from 6700, 6800, 6850, 6875 ( think that they ran out of numbers thus no keyboard hahaha)
LOL i hope you're right cuz what I've been reading this is the sucessor of the touch HD. I'm just not tryin to get my hopes up cuz id take out a phone loan cuz i want this one sooo bad.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:48 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

no keyboard.. the word PRO shouldnt be in the name of the device

Old 10-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Mobile Model: Touch & Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: The Now Network

View mrpants20's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrpants20's Photo Album Add mrpants20's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

no keyboard.. the word PRO shouldnt be in the name of the device
Completely agree

Old 10-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Mobile Model: tpro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View only1penny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View only1penny's Photo Album Add only1penny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

when i had my vogue, i used, i think, spb full screen keyboard and i thought that it was great. i would be alright with an on screen keyboard if it was full qwerty. i loved how thin the phones are. although i'm used to it now, i thought the tpro was a brick when i first got it. & i'm still not wild about carrying it in my pocket.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Mobile Model: Touch & Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Alltel on Verizon
Mobile OS: Android

View wentzeric's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View wentzeric's Photo Album Add wentzeric's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Leo (Pro three in december

I'm still reading threads from "HTC"(not official) and Gizmodo placing this phone in our hands by DEC 09!
Guess we will see...?
If HTC wants to represent and stand tall against the big timers (apple*fist in the air*) This phone needs to be in our hands before the X-mas Holiday. If they wait till March or April kiss there chance to make a huge splash goodbye.

This bait and switch with all these phones that are almost the same is not what I would call quality. This phone is a trump card that should be played at the most opportune time, this x-mas would be that time.

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
december, leo, pro