Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-27-2009, 10:27 AM
nadcicle nadcicle is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Mogul, Pro, Iphone
Mobile Carrier: Sprint, At&t
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View nadcicle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nadcicle's Photo Album Add nadcicle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Windows Voicemail app

OK OK I know everybody thinks that visual voicemail is so the RAVE and all, but I was wondering if there was an application that runs in the background and catches the phone ringing on like the 3 ring and records the person leaving a message before the carrier voicemail picks up.

Basically I want the ability to have all the voicemails directly on my phone without having to call in. I know it is possible, but is there any windows mobile apps that do it?

I absolutely loved that feature on my really really old sanyo 8200 I had and would love to have it on my pro.

The Following User Says Thank You to nadcicle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Windows Voicemail app

“ Originally Posted by nadcicle View Post

OK OK I know everybody thinks that visual voicemail is so the RAVE and all, but I was wondering if there was an application that runs in the background and catches the phone ringing on like the 3 ring and records the person leaving a message before the carrier voicemail picks up.

Basically I want the ability to have all the voicemails directly on my phone without having to call in. I know it is possible, but is there any windows mobile apps that do it?

I absolutely loved that feature on my really really old sanyo 8200 I had and would love to have it on my pro.
yes its possible ansd called visual voicemail.... i have it on my verizon tp2 which came on it stock and i love it

i can even listen to the message as it is being recorded if wanted, can pause it rewind, fast forward, see who it is from, the len gth of the message, etc... very nice to have.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:16 PM

View nadcicle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nadcicle's Photo Album Add nadcicle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yes its possible ansd called visual voicemail.... i have it on my verizon tp2 which came on it stock and i love it

i can even listen to the message as it is being recorded if wanted, can pause it rewind, fast forward, see who it is from, the len gth of the message, etc... very nice to have.
See I was always under the impression that visual voicemail was actually stored in a server from the carrier first. Afterwards, the phone downloads the voicemail like a text message.

I didn't really want any carrier specific interaction at all. I want it to be like an auto answer thing that starts recording after you are greeted with a message saying to leave your message after the beep.

Eh well, my boss already ordered me an iphone... I guess it'll have the visual thing. Don't really care for the iphone, but he swears by them.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

See I was always under the impression that visual voicemail was actually stored in a server from the carrier first. Afterwards, the phone downloads the voicemail like a text message.

I didn't really want any carrier specific interaction at all. I want it to be like an auto answer thing that starts recording after you are greeted with a message saying to leave your message after the beep.

Eh well, my boss already ordered me an iphone... I guess it'll have the visual thing. Don't really care for the iphone, but he swears by them.
it just displays the caller, the time of the email, how long it is, and you can play, pause and stop form the app without dialing the numbers so you can just listen to the ones that you wanna for now and go back to the others later... i love it on my tp2 and it works great through verizon.... dont use this app use theirs.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

LivePVR does what you are asking. I have never tried it myself, but I know it supposed to have the capabilities. I might DL, Install, and try myself and then can give feedback on the Prog. Good Luck.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:58 AM

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

LivePVR does what you are asking. I have never tried it myself, but I know it supposed to have the capabilities. I might DL, Install, and try myself and then can give feedback on the Prog. Good Luck.
Damn.. I looked it up here and the one thread doesn't have it, but then theres one that does, but it is an old recycled thread and won't lemme download it. I am on the search TY a ton I hope this works!

Old 09-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Supporter

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Damn.. I looked it up here and the one thread doesn't have it, but then theres one that does, but it is an old recycled thread and won't lemme download it. I am on the search TY a ton I hope this works!
I can get you the one on here, but it's an older version and won't have what you're lookin' for. You need the latest release this year and it has to be either LivePVR Professional of Enterprise. Unfortunately, I have not seen them around If I do, I will get it up, thanks and good luck.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:53 AM

Hey if you can that'd be cool, but you don't have to go breakin your back trying to search for it. I just think it is so much better to have than the original carrier voicemail.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Supporter

Hey if you can that'd be cool, but you don't have to go breakin your back trying to search for it. I just think it is so much better to have than the original carrier voicemail.
It would actually be great to have the latest version regardless. Especially, for Sprint users and their .20 forwarding costs. I would actually prefer to use another free service with all the extra features Sprint is not offering me. We shall see

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
app, voicemail, windows