Sprint Replacement Question

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Jmose219 Jmose219 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Jmose219's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Jmose219's Photo Album Add Jmose219's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint Replacement Question

Hey guys, got a quick question. I still have the original HTC Touch with sprint, and while it has been a great phone it has recently started freezing up on me 3 or 4 times a day and the battery has gone to hell. I know if sprint doesn't carry your model anymore they send you the next closest, which in my case would probably be the diamond. I was wondering if you guys know of anyway to tell if they will send me a new model or if they still carry this damn thing??? I tried calling them and asking and all they do is tell me they will send me the same make and model. I figured by now they would be out of the original touch in wear houses but I didnt want to take the chance in getting the same phone sent to me.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint Replacement Question

Y dont u go to sprint.com and do the self replacement bro! Its simple to use and u will find out what they are sending u once u finish filling out the form . I think u should be able to get a better phone since im sure by now that model should be discountiued.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:28 AM

View Jmose219's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Jmose219's Photo Album Add Jmose219's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint Replacement Question

I tried that. I went to the Self Service Phone Replacement Tool at sprint.com. After It asks me for my number and my account pin it then asks me for my zip code. When I put that in it gives me the address of a repair store to take it to and I cannot go any further.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:46 AM

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Jmose219 View Post

I tried that. I went to the Self Service Phone Replacement Tool at sprint.com. After It asks me for my number and my account pin it then asks me for my zip code. When I put that in it gives me the address of a repair store to take it to and I cannot go any further.
Mmm thats weird bro, then g to plan B put that thing in microwave and take it in and get a brand new phone lol

Old 10-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Sprint Replacement Question

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Mmm thats weird bro, then g to plan B put that thing in microwave and take it in and get a brand new phone lol
haha, I would take it to the closest Corporate Repair shop and sell them on how sh*tte your phone is acting. They will give you a direction from that point and most like won't have in stock there, so they will give a Diamond. That would be what I'm shooting for 1st, good luck.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:00 AM

Re Re Re Sprint Replacement Question

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

haha, I would take it to the closest Corporate Repair shop and sell them on how sh*tte your phone is acting. They will give you a direction from that point and most like won't have in stock there, so they will give a Diamond. That would be what I'm shooting for 1st, good luck.
Yeap over by where i live they are out of touch pro's and diamonds, so u might get something better then a diamond if they are out of stock then again they might send u used diamond ,its really up to the rep.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Supporter

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

In agreement, definitely worth the shot, especially if you are have issues.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

use my area code of 49505
Old 10-13-2009, 09:10 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. Looks like I am coming out on the losing end of this one. I took it to a repair shop and they wouldn't give me a phone in store and are ordering me the same phone I already have. I can't believe they still have this thing in stock.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Sprint Replacement Question

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. Looks like I am coming out on the losing end of this one. I took it to a repair shop and they wouldn't give me a phone in store and are ordering me the same phone I already have. I can't believe they still have this thing in stock.
show them the images from whats here and that they arent to replace with that device any longer... be firm with them and show them the proof in their own employee handbook and on the employee webpage.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Supporter

Persistence is key and trying to think outside the box a little when presenting your issues.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Persistence is key and trying to think outside the box a little when presenting your issues.
+1 just make sure they don't black list your name like they did to me. i think I finally got that $h*^ fixed.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Supporter

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

+1 just make sure they don't black list your name like they did to me. i think I finally got that $h*^ fixed.
haha, I also stated in a previous post about ending the call when you feel you're getting no where. that is where persistence comes into play. Not giving up, make another call, and then another, the odds are in your favor, because you have nothing, but time and based off the results we are hearing from fellow SPJer's... it is happening. Good Luck as always.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:36 PM

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Sprint Replacement Question

haha, I also stated in a previous post about ending the call when you feel you're getting no where. that is where persistence comes into play. Not giving up, make another call, and then another, the odds are in your favor, because you have nothing, but time and based off the results we are hearing from fellow SPJer's... it is happening. Good Luck as always.
oh I did. @$$ramers.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Supporter

Re Re Re Re Sprint Replacement Question

oh I did. @$$ramers.
haha, Everyone doesn't have the talent to turn people into @$$&*^% like you do P, lol

You win some you lose some and you make enemies in the process. Day well done

Old 10-13-2009, 10:53 PM

Re Re Re Re Re Sprint Replacement Question

haha, Everyone doesn't have the talent to turn people into @$$&*^% like you do P, lol

You win some you lose some and you make enemies in the process. Day well done
my day is not complete until i have spread some choas and discontent.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:40 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro 2
Mobile Carrier: t-mo
Mobile OS: 6.1

View drewmaloy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View drewmaloy's Photo Album Add drewmaloy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm going through the same dam thing! I'm on my 3rd vogue. there discontinued so I keep getting refurbished phones. first one power button could not be repaired. second and third both have the gray screen thing kicking! to where I can't see the screen at angles LIKE I COULD MY FIRST VOGUE. I've spoke with several sprint reps on the phone and in person. they say the only way I'm getting a new cell is if I upgrade. :-/
Old 10-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Supporter

Re Re Re Re Re Re Sprint Replacement Question

my day is not complete until i have spread some choas and discontent.
haha, I'm all for it.

“ Originally Posted by drewmaloy View Post

I'm going through the same dam thing! I'm on my 3rd vogue. there discontinued so I keep getting refurbished phones. first one power button could not be repaired. second and third both have the gray screen thing kicking! to where I can't see the screen at angles LIKE I COULD MY FIRST VOGUE. I've spoke with several sprint reps on the phone and in person. they say the only way I'm getting a new cell is if I upgrade. :-/
All I can tell you is I have never had a problem if you stay with it, work the angles, and if one can't help (which is a lot), then try again with another rep. This works in the aspect of this situation or even knowledge in products and so forth. They(Sprint Reps) are not all on the same level of capabilities and knowledge. Good Luck.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lol i thought they did to me...but i got my pro 2 for 100 after arguing brand new. would of got for free but they wanted me to drop my 5 dollar data pack...said hell no ill pay mir. ill get it back when i send rebate back in....lol plus got my extra 10% added back to my account correctly. ..

p.s for this to even work you gotta have a few replacements...i had 5 4 in past 2 weeks.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Supporter

Good Info Kaos, thanks and as I stated before, persistence & angles

Old 10-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View cndm101's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cndm101's Photo Album Add cndm101's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

if they send you a replacement and it doenst work out you have 3 replacements before they give you something new. im on my 4th pro cause they want to give me a snap or a treo pro and i told them no. im waiting till the tp2 comes back in stock then ill go back, if you get through your 3 phones and they wont give you what you want call retentions and tell them you want a hero. im just waiting for number 4 to break then im calling retentions, if ur sprint premeir it helps alot to trust me.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
question, replacement, sprint