Notices

First Images: BlackBerry Watch is FOR REAL!

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-19-2009, 12:22 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Remember that story about a Bluetooth BlackBerry Watch accessory being in the works? In case you were doubting it, today we can say with certainty that it's happening, it's getting announced soon, and what you're looking at above (another image below) are actual renderings of the real deal. Key features we've been told so far about the BlackBerry-connected smartwatch by our source:
  • it has been designed specifically for BlackBerry from the ground up - developed by a new BlackBerry-dedicated accessory company
  • it features an OLED screen that we hear is "big, bright and beautiful" and optimized for displaying text clearly, and thanks to OLED has solid battery life
  • it's designed to show you notifications and previews of messages arriving on your BlackBerry
  • judging by the filename of the photos as they were sent in to us, we're thinking it's going to branded the inPulse smartwatch
The intent of the watch isn't to replace using your BlackBerry to view messages. Rather, it's for those occassions when your BlackBerry is tucked away - while in a meeting, while driving, or while you're out for a bike ride and you feel it vibrating in your camelback. When you get that impulse to stop what you're doing and pull out your BlackBerry, now you can quickly glance over at your inPulse and decide if you need to pull out your BlackBerry to address that message now or if it can wait fifteen minutes you're free.
Definitely a cool accessory. And because this smartwatch is desiged specifically for BlackBerry, we're thinking hoping that at somepoint the watch APIs will become available to BlackBerry app developers so even notifications from third party apps could be displayed. CrackBerry heaven! We'll bring you more on this when the official details emerge.

inPulse SmartWatch for BlackBerry Smartphones

originally found here:

Code

http://crackberry.com/first-images-blackberry-watch-real
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: First Images: BlackBerry Watch is FOR REAL!

nice i want one for my wm device

Old 10-19-2009, 01:34 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re First Images BlackBerry Watch is FOR REAL

this is some James Bond s#it right there!!

i bet Android is gonna want this too.... since linux can basically run on your toaster

Old 10-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re First Images BlackBerry Watch is FOR REAL

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

this is some James Bond s#it right there!!

i bet Android is gonna want this too.... since linux can basically run on your toaster
LOL hahahaha TOASTER!!!!! That made my day

Old 10-19-2009, 09:00 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

great now we gon have people thinkin they 007 forreal
Old 10-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View hauntedchild's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hauntedchild's Photo Album Add hauntedchild's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

In concept this a lot better idea than a watch phone. I think it would make more sense to try and incorporate the tech into regular watches instead of these goofy looking things.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by hauntedchild View Post

In concept this a lot better idea than a watch phone. I think it would make more sense to try and incorporate the tech into regular watches instead of these goofy looking things.
i have to agree, it looks like one of the $5.99 specials from walmart back in the early 90s when digital watches were the shit..... what ever happened to digital watches and the built in alarms and velcro straps..... kind of miss them haha
Old 10-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Mobile Model: sprint htc touch
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View bill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bill's Photo Album Add bill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

the watch is sick i gotta have one
Old 10-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View kixcastillo77's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kixcastillo77's Photo Album Add kixcastillo77's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re First Images BlackBerry Watch is FOR REAL

i used to wear my pager like that haha
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
blackberry, images, real, watch