BiG JeW BiG JeW is offline   Thread Starter  
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
I Decided to Write to HTC

So here is the deal... First and foremost this is a specific discussion in regards to my issues with my HTC TP2.. The only thing edited was any sensitive (personal) information... Please post if any of you have duplicated any issues....

HTC Replies:

Dear Ariel,

The HTC Customer Service Representative that has been handling your message would like to know if your question has been successfully answered. You can reply to or close your question by visiting:

Code

http://ContactUs.htc.com/wFrmMailLogin.aspx
Question Activity ID : [ 09UXXXXXXXXXXXXXx ]

If you do not respond to or close your question within 15 days, it will be closed automatically.

Sincerely,

HTC

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit us at

Code

www.htc.com
if you have any questions or need further assistance.
New Response From [ Samuel (North America Support (Tech)) ]
Hello Ariel,

I can understand how important it is for your device to work properly and not overheat. I was not able to reproduce this issue with the device. I would suggest that you contact your carrier for a replacement of the device. If they will not replace it, we have a repairs department that can repair the device. You can contact our repairs department, Telamon, by calling 1- 877-293-0807. Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8AM – 5PM EST.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us again. We also have a customer satisfaction survey for you to take at

Code

http://survey.htc.com/worldwide
if you are interested. We enjoy getting feedback from our customers and look forward to hearing from you.

Sam
HTC Tech Support

Code

http://www.htc.com

MY CONCERN:
Customer Information
Name Ariel
Telephone
Email Address

Country United States
Inquiry Information
Inquiry Type Technical Support
Inquiry Description

To whom it may concern, I recently purchased a Sprint HTC Touch PRO 2 and have noticed a few rather annoying issues and was wondering if there are any fixes. When in landscape mode with keyboard open, I can be in a txt conversation and send and receive txts with in that conversation, but once i close that conversation and get pushed into the list of contact conversations, there will be a number next to the contact of that conversation displaying the number of unread text messages, when indeed they were read, as I replied to them in the conversation chat. The only way to get rid of the number of unread txts replies is to manually open that conversation and then close out of it. I will need to continue to do that until the unread txt amount disappears. (the number can be as high as 20). The other issue I have noticed is when i set my phones ringer style to "vibrate and ring", once my phone is soft reseted, or if the battery dies and it needs to restart, the "vibrate and ring" sets back to just ring. I have to manually go back in and reset it each time. Lastly, is there going to be a WM6.5 ROM coming to Sprint for the Touch Pro 2? Please let me know if these issues can be resolved and if you have any additional information on Sprint getting a WM6.5 ROM for the TP2. Your help is greatly appreciated in this matter. Thank you in advance, Ariel
Issue Date & Time
2009/10/26 05:46

Reply History
Reply Time Replier Comment Attachment
2009/10/19 11:01

Ariel Thank you for the response.

MY CONCERN:
I have also noticed another issue you can maybe assist with. When I send a text message for example; I noticed that when the device jumps from the EV network to the 1x network, my device occasionally jumps to the 1x network and stays on the 1x network and will not jump to the EV network. When the device does this, the battery on the device gets extremely hot and can be depleted with an hour when this occurs. This issue can also occur randomly without sending a text message. All of a sudden I could look down at my phone or pick it up and once I feel the back hot, I already know the phone is stuck on the 1x network. The only way I have noticed to resolve the issue is to take the battery out or soft reset the device. Can you please also please look into or test to see if this same issue is duplicated.

Thank you in advance,

P.S. looking forward to an updated ROM from HTC to fix theses issues.  

HTC Replies:

2009/10/19 10:01 Samuel (North America Support (Tech))

Hello Ariel.

I can understand how frustrating these may be for you. The texting issue that you described is a feature that was built into the phone to ensure that you do not miss any of your messages. Unfortunately, it cannot be changed at this time.

I tested the ring type issue and had the same results on a test device here. I hard reset the phone as well. This did not resolve the issue. I have forwarded this issue to our engineering department for a future resolution.

It has not yet been confirmed if the Sprint Touch Pro2 will receive an update to Windows Mobile 6.5. When this information is available, it will be posted on our website,

Code

www.htc.com/us

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us again. You can find additional support at our user forum

Code

www.htcwiki.com
. There is also a customer satisfaction survey for you to take if you are interested.

Sam
HTC Tech Support

Code

http://www.htc.com

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: I Decided to Write to HTC

looks like they just pushing it off onto the provider....... and my verizon version doesnt have any of the problems that you mention.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:45 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yep , the reason they prefer to send you to your carrier because the carriers make changes tio the device,so it can work on there network and or add programs...A good example is the hero.The htc hero housing is way different then sprint hero.

that's sucks bro

Old 10-27-2009, 07:49 PM
BiG JeW BiG JeW is offline   Thread Starter  
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yea... in any case.. my replacement arrived a couple hours ago... gonna do an ESN swap now and sit the old one back in the return kit... I been trying to get this HERO bad.... Still need a steady lappy though...

Old 10-27-2009, 11:17 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re I Decided to Write to HTC

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

yea... in any case.. my replacement arrived a couple hours ago... gonna do an ESN swap now and sit the old one back in the return kit... I been trying to get this HERO bad.... Still need a steady lappy though...
I have been hearing alot of bad things about the hero from some friends of mine that were first day adopters....like battery issues, overheating issues, and some random software issues....I think I would stay with the touch pro 2...or wait until the next sprint android comes out from samsung which is gonna have that cool qwerty keyboard...its style reminds me of the htc mogul...

Old 10-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re I Decided to Write to HTC

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

I have been hearing alot of bad things about the hero from some friends of mine that were first day adopters....like battery issues, overheating issues, and some random software issues....I think I would stay with the touch pro 2...or wait until the next sprint android comes out from samsung which is gonna have that cool qwerty keyboard...its style reminds me of the htc mogul...
Yup a friend of mine has the same issues also iceman, he hates his hero and said he is gonna go back to the G1 in tmobile...w/e but jew that issue with the sms notification is a problem within the sys itself, that doesnt really have anything to do with HTC, remember after sprint receives the phone they install their carrier specific rom and registries, I dont exactly remember the name of the file in the sys but i will look thru my external HD and see if i remember. but it wont help anyway b/c ur stuck in a stock rom lol, itll only help if u build ur own rom which i think the custom sys is working with no problems u have so there will be no need to fix that. Once again the beauty of running custom roms man lmaoo,what will a WM device be w.o running custom roms and radios lol

Update: Its a file in the sys called notify. something lol...but that whole file is what is messed up, it used to happen on some of the touch pro 1 sys's, so like I said buddy just hold tight for that spl
Old 11-02-2009, 03:20 AM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View cndm101's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cndm101's Photo Album Add cndm101's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

these are merly know windows mobile issues the 1x EV is because of the area you are in you can change the poling or have it set to whatever you want there are fixes you just need to look for them. you cant have a winmo phone and not expect a couple bugs. you have an amazing phone with a few bugs it comes with the territory.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
decided, htc, write