Old 11-01-2009, 02:01 AM
forty01 forty01 is offline   Thread Starter  
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: Android

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC Hero Will Receive Android 20 Eclair Update

Posted on Thursday, Oct 29, 2009 by Casey Chan

Thanks to Twitter, we now know that HTC has plans to update the HTC Hero to Android 2.0 'Eclair'. After seeing all the goodies that Android 2.0 will deliver and Android users' positive response to them, HTC needed to jump on board and address the Hero's situation with Android 2.0. The one sticking point that's keeping it from happening right now, seems to be that HTC Sense needs to get updated and optimized for Android 2.0, which makes sense since the beautiful UI is more than just a tasteful theme or skin.

It's odd that HTC didn't address the Magic or Dream's situation with Android 2.0, only choosing to discuss the Hero. Hopefully we'll hear more information regarding the other devices soon. In any case, we expect HTC to fix whatever issues Sense has with Android 2.0 and have the HTC Hero ready for Android 2.0 as quickly as possible. Then it'll be up to Sprint to deliver the update to us. Cross our fingers?

More Info on Source of Eclair:

Code

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-hero-will-receive-android-20-eclair-update
---------------------
This is huge for us Sprint Hero holders. This will give us more capabilities than already present. On top of that you will have the ability to download Google Maps Navigation (Beta), which looks tight as.... hmmm. Anyways, thought this was a step in the right direction and good news, so post your feedback and let us know what you're thinking.

More Info on Google Navigation:

Code

http://www.google.com/mobile/navigation/#p=default
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGXK4jKN_jY

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to forty01 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2009, 08:13 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Hero Will Receive Android 20 Eclair Update

I have been doing the carlton dance since i saw that tweet. I hope htc adds some more goodies to sense while they are at it
Old 11-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

congrats to all hero owners!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 12:25 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

cool cant wait to see it soon..

Old 11-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Mobile Model: sprint htc touch
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View bill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bill's Photo Album Add bill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

a friend of mine has it its pretty nice seems to run stable from what i understand everything is completely customizable he told me it was like the dimond and iphone in one
Old 11-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Supporter

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm really looking forward to this and what it has in store for us. I'm hoping sooner the better I know Droid will be the first phone released to have it. Of course, for us Sprint HERO that adjustment to fit with Sense will come into play. I'm with Mike doing a Victory Dance and all, lol

Old 11-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Mobile Model: 9530 storm
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View Bluemumba's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Bluemumba's Photo Album Add Bluemumba's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ya the 2.0 is a nice update for the hero. That car home app is nice. But does anyone no of a set date for the release I'm thinking about getting a hero or the moment but not a big fan of 1.5(cupcake) and 1.6(donut). Also I heard that the hero is have issue with the app remaining open in the background. Is this info correct.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Supporter

Re HTC Hero Will Receive Android 20 Eclair Update

“ Originally Posted by Bluemumba View Post

Ya the 2.0 is a nice update for the hero. That car home app is nice. But does anyone no of a set date for the release I'm thinking about getting a hero or the moment but not a big fan of 1.5(cupcake) and 1.6(donut). Also I heard that the hero is have issue with the app remaining open in the background. Is this info correct.
The issue is with SMS app keeping the phone on and draining the battery, but it's an easy fix and personally a better option as to what app you will be using. The great thing about the CDMA Donut's have been Rooted, JailBroken, etc. It's free to accomplish more things that would not have been available with it not being Rooted. If 2.0 Eclair gets updated, you will most likely lose that capability and the exploit to Root would probably closed and that option would no longer exist... for a while at least. Eventually they (us Junkies) will probably find a way to backdoor it and get 2.0 while keeping the Root. If I'm relaying something different then what someone else has solid knowledge of, then please chime in, but from the research and what I have gained this would be the case. It's only getting better from here is the underlying message, lol.
Good Luck.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:44 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re HTC Hero Will Receive Android 20 Eclair Update

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

The issue is with SMS app keeping the phone on and draining the battery, but it's an easy fix and personally a better option as to what app you will be using. The great thing about the CDMA Donut's have been Rooted, JailBroken, etc. It's free to accomplish more things that would not have been available with it not being Rooted. If 2.0 Eclair gets updated, you will most likely lose that capability and the exploit to Root would probably closed and that option would no longer exist... for a while at least. Eventually they (us Junkies) will probably find a way to backdoor it and get 2.0 while keeping the Root. If I'm relaying something different then what someone else has solid knowledge of, then please chime in, but from the research and what I have gained this would be the case. It's only getting better from here is the underlying message, lol.
Good Luck.
wish i could test to back you up on it hahaha but my htc droid eris will be coming on friday and ill already have 2.0 hahahahaha suckers.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:46 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Errr... what? Droid Eris comes with 2.0? When did this happen?
Old 11-15-2009, 12:11 PM

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

Errr... what? Droid Eris comes with 2.0? When did this happen?
damn not on the droid eris my bad i got 1.5 on the eris now that i got it and saw it
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
android, eclair, hero, htc, receive, update