Notices

ARTICLE: HTC confirms HD2’s US arrival (Q1 2010)

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-04-2009, 01:50 PM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
ARTICLE: HTC confirms HD2’s US arrival (Q1 2010)

I am not a WinMo fan. If you’ve been reading PhoneDog for any period of time, you already know that. I’ve tried embracing this OS (which, for an Apple girl, isn’t an easy task), to no avail. But if there was ever a device that would make me give the Microsoft mobile platform another shot, the HD2 would be it.

I have to hand it to HTC — This highly anticipated follow-up to the Touch HD is one sexy handset. And today, the phone manufacturer (which is debuting the device for Europe and Taiwan) has officially confirmed that it’s arriving here early next year (Q1 2010), and that it will launch on a major carrier.

No confirmation yet on that other rumor, which predicts that the carrier in question will be T-Mobile. But the buzz on the Winmo-6.5-packin’, Sense UI-sportin’, Snapdragon phone landing on Magenta is pretty strong. If this turns out to be true, are you picking it up? (And if you’re not already on T-Mobile, would you switch to get this phone?) Inquiring minds want to know.

Click here to read the full press release.

Via: HTC, BoyGenius Report, TmoNews

Read More From Source
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phillynewsnow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: ARTICLE: HTC confirms HD2’s US arrival (Q1 2010)

hahah score... cant wait for this to come to us here in the states and to the cdma providers but to t-mobile first the way that it looks.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:06 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re ARTICLE HTC confirms HD2’s US arrival (Q1 2010

lets just cross our fingers that it doesnt end up being a T-mobile EXCLUSIVE !
if thats the case maybe ill try gsm for a while..

Old 11-04-2009, 09:26 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re ARTICLE HTC confirms HD2’s US arrival (Q1 2010

“ Originally Posted by NINE'SICKS View Post

lets just cross our fingers that it doesnt end up being a T-mobile EXCLUSIVE !
if thats the case maybe ill try gsm for a while..

hahah word and with project dark if you dont mind paying full price for phones you can have no contract... or get contract and pay less for the phone
Old 11-04-2009, 09:52 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have a friend how works for Tmo so she told me if i go that way she can work her magic and get around me using any real info on a contract..

Old 11-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View gbogart100's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gbogart100's Photo Album Add gbogart100's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I just hope they don't change the look for the CDMA version, cuz this phone is sexy
Old 11-05-2009, 10:32 AM
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm SICK of other countries getting new phones 1st! I doubt they would change the look though for CDMA because I think all versions of this phone are world phones so they have the sim card slot for gsm and are also CDMA.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re ARTICLE HTC confirms HD2’s US arrival (Q1 2010

“ Originally Posted by gbogart100 View Post

I just hope they don't change the look for the CDMA version, cuz this phone is sexy
AMEN! I absolutely loved the pre-release pictures of the TP2, but when I saw the back cover of Sprint's version, my heart broke a little... it looks horrible! I mean HORRIBLE! TMO's version maintains the good looks of the pre-release versions... I wish Sprint had done that instead of ghetto-fying the thing.

That being said, the back of the HD2 could use a little sprucing up... kinda' bland back there.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:29 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢

Re Re ARTICLE HTC confirms HD2’s US arrival (Q1 2010

“ Originally Posted by V I P View Post

I'm SICK of other countries getting new phones 1st! I doubt they would change the look though for CDMA because I think all versions of this phone are world phones so they have the sim card slot for gsm and are also CDMA.
What are you talking about u "DOUBT THEY WOULD CHANGE THE LOOK..etc" have u seeing the differences between the Sprint/Version/T-mobile and At&t TP2's ?? there pretty much all different in body colors and keyboard button colors.. not to mention some dont have the 3.5mm head jack, And thats also a WORLD PHONE CDMA W/ SIM CARD (the VZ and Sprint versions) one way or another the networks will find a way to have it Customized so its differnt they there competition.. same went for the original TP (major differences between the VZ and Sprint versions)

All in all i love the sexy design of the phone and the back cover (specially compaired to the TP2) all its missing is the providers company logo and id call it a day

Old 11-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

no keyboard?
Old 11-06-2009, 01:20 PM

Re: Re ARTICLE HTC confirms HD2’s US arrival (Q1 2010

“ Originally Posted by fanaticny View Post

no keyboard?
naw, the original hd didnt have a keyboard either.... thats why the leo interface doesnt have the landscape support since really no need for landscape besides in your messaging and typing screens.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
2010, arrival, article, confirms, hd2’s, htc