ARTICLE: Mini-Review: Tweetie 2 for iPhone

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
ARTICLE: Mini-Review: Tweetie 2 for iPhone

If you’re addicted to Twitter like @CarlosGraves is, and you are sick of iPhone apps that get laggy and drain your battery, then look no further! Tweetie 2 (or 2.0) has arrived! Twitter is my main social network, so naturally I want an application that will be smooth, sexy, and most importantly – reliable.

If you use the original Tweetie 1x and want to upgrade but notice that it costs $2.99 to upgrade (yes, even if you bought Tweetie 1), this might change your mind. Because of this, you might ask, “What’s so different in Tweetie 2 that I have to pay for it again?” Well surprisingly, there are a lot of new features packed into Tweetie 2. The most notable is the revamped UI (user interface). If you use the Mac desktop version of Tweetie, you’ll likely find Tweetie 2’s look to be a combination of that and iPhone Tweetie 1.

At the bottom of the new UI, you have the usual tabs (left to right) – Friends, Replies, Direct Messages, Search/Trends, and More. In the “More” tab, you have – My Profile, Favorites, Go to User, and Drafts (A new feature in Tweetie 2). Now to get more in depth with some of the new features...

The main goal with Tweetie 2 was to make it easy to use, but also very stylish. For example, the refresh system - To refresh, all you have to do is pull down on your current list of tweets and you will see a message at the top that says “Release to Refresh”. This is one of the more obvious changes in Tweetie 2. Another key feature that I really love is the tab notifications. Every time Tweetie 2 refreshes, the tab with new tweets or messages gets a little glow underneath it. I like this a lot better than a system like Echofon’s (formerly Twitterfon), which gives you a numerical tweet-count.

Have you ever seen a tweet you liked in your twitter stream, but forgot who it was from? Well now you can find out with ease! Twitter 2 introduces a search bar at the top of your friend stream so you can search for those amazing tweets even if you don’t remember who crafted them.

But my absolute favorite new feature in Tweetie 2 is the full landscape support – and when I say full landscape, I mean FULL landscape! Every screen in the app can be auto-rotated into landscape mode, which is perfect for people who are horrible at typing in portrait mode (Editor’s Note: Like Noah). Another cool must-have feature in Tweetie 2 is the ability to edit your twitter profile. Tap into the My Profile section, and you have the ability to change everything about your profile, even your picture!

Like I said before, this new and refurbished app will cost you $2.99 in the App Store – but it’s a very worthy buy in my opinion.

Read More From Source
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
article, iphone, minireview, tweetie