Notices

ARTICLE: Droid Day: Can Android really compete with iPhone's huge Apps?

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-06-2009, 02:00 PM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
ARTICLE: Droid Day: Can Android really compete with iPhone's huge Apps?

Today's a big deal, whether you care about Android, iPhone, Verizon, AT&T, Motorola, or none of the above. The biggest wireless provider in the land is now selling Google-powered smartphones. With all due respect to Sprint and T-Mobile, both of whom I love, with Verizon in the game we'll really start to see whether or not US consumers have love for Android.

To that end, I present to you John Walton, PhoneDog Editor Extraordinare and Founder/Managing Editor of DroidDog.com.

Or, as I like to call him, the guy to whom I pose incendiary one-liner questions about Android.

Today's topic? Can Android really compete with Apple if Android apps are limited in size by the lack of internal memory on Android phones? Or, in other words, iPhone games and apps can get all big and crazy because iPhones have 8/16/32 GB of internal storage. Android apps can't get all big and crazy because they have to be saved to internal storage and there ain't no Droids I've seen with internal gigabytes of room. You want to play Myst or FIFA 10 on a mobile phone? That's a big app.

So, John, what's the deal? How will Google and Android developers cope with this limitation? Or is it really a limitation?

John's answer, of course, is yours for the taking on DroidDog.

And speaking of Johns weighing in on this topic, the ever-entertaining John Biggs weighed in over on MobileCrunch, as well.

Read More From Source
The Following User Says Thank You to phillynewsnow For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
android, apps, article, compete, day, droid, huge, iphone