Old 11-08-2009, 12:25 AM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
An iPhone? No way! On Verizon? Where?!?

An iPhone? No way! On Verizon? Where?!?

There are several major different selling points of the iPhone. The biggest one in my opinion -
IT JUST WORKS.
No need to unlock and flash a custom ROM, no need to soft-reset, Just click your app and BOOM – it opens. Now I will admit that there are several major problems with the iPhone like the OS, the network, the battery being fixed, no hardware keyboard among others, and I would never get one. And yes, some of these problem can be fixed with aftermarket products. And I have several on my iTouch. But the one thing I have never seen a fix for was the network. Still leaning out of my window to get a 3G fix. Well, until now.

According to the iphoneblog, Apple is making a smaller, CDMA compatible “World Phone” for Verizon.
It is supposed to arrive Q3 of 2010, but may be later.
So the real question is, now that we are getting a phone that just works, on a network that just works, who is going to be switching? Leave your thoughts in the comments.

originally found here:

Code

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2009/11/06/an-iphone-no-way-on-verizon-where/#more-1252
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re An iPhone No way On Verizon Where

i find that interesting, verizon does have a very good network but that phone is too small for me, maybe if it was a full size version....i have talked to some iphone users and they love theirs and tell me they havent had network related problems..it is very tempting to me cause my itouch is very snappy when i am hooked into wifi and is very fast...much faster than my pro........
Old 11-08-2009, 12:37 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re An iPhone No way On Verizon Where

“ Originally Posted by tlpalmer01 View Post

i find that interesting, verizon does have a very good network but that phone is too small for me, maybe if it was a full size version....i have talked to some iphone users and they love theirs and tell me they havent had network related problems..it is very tempting to me cause my itouch is very snappy when i am hooked into wifi and is very fast...much faster than my pro........
yeah but i feel one this small wouldnt be worth it for the mere fact that you have such a lack of icons on the homescreen.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:41 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re An iPhone No way On Verizon Where

iPhone nano perhaps???

but really, that iPhone-thing-whatever it will be will really have to bring it cuz it will compete with the HD2 and future 1GHZ+ snapdragon / tegra devices...

Old 11-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re An iPhone No way On Verizon Where

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yeah but i feel one this small wouldnt be worth it for the mere fact that you have such a lack of icons on the homescreen.
i agree........i had been with verizon before sprint but due to problems with ex i needed a phone so i charged one at bestbuy and they had the touch so back to sprint.........verizon was really good...
Old 11-08-2009, 01:01 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re An iPhone No way On Verizon Where

“ Originally Posted by tlpalmer01 View Post

i agree........i had been with verizon before sprint but due to problems with ex i needed a phone so i charged one at bestbuy and they had the touch so back to sprint.........verizon was really good...
/me unlocks device for sprint

Old 11-08-2009, 01:02 PM

Re: Re Re Re An iPhone No way On Verizon Where

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

/me unlocks device for sprint
hahaha you would want something that small venum... doesnt seem like it would save time but take more time to find what you were looking for.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
iphone, verizon