VIDEO: Verizon categorizes iPhone as 'misfit toy' in new advertisement

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
VIDEO: Verizon categorizes iPhone as 'misfit toy' in new advertisement

Despite a pending lawsuit by AT&T, Verizon's not backing down anytime soon. In their latest anti-AT&T commercial, the iPhone has been banned to the "Island of MIsfit Toys," a popular theme from the 1964 television movie Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Airing just in time for the holiday season, will these ads sway shoppers looking for wireless devices as gifts?

Via: Engadget Mobile

Read More From Source
The Following User Says Thank You to phillynewsnow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: VIDEO: Verizon categorizes iPhone as 'misfit toy' in new advertisement

hahahah verizon is just cracking me up with targeting the iphone like this lmao the land of misfit toys now thats a good one especially since around the christmas season.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:25 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahahah verizon is just cracking me up with targeting the iphone like this lmao the land of misfit toys now thats a good one especially since around the christmas season.
i guess att@t can stand the heat in marketing...and they had to sue...what a bunch of punks ahahahahaha

Old 11-09-2009, 12:28 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

i guess att@t can stand the heat in marketing...and they had to sue...what a bunch of punks ahahahahaha
thats all they ever do... thety can do the same and diss another company like they always do and than when they get a taste of it themselves they always have to go and sue... i think the judges are sick of them thus why we dont hear much about the finalizations of the cases that they press fourth..... what a bunch of babies at ATT
Old 11-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re VIDEO Verizon categorizes iPhone as misfit toy in new advertisement

Awesome. I love that movie & watch it every year several times (I have it on a high tech VHS cassette.) I'm surprised they didn't go after the device itself... makes me wonder they're only targeting the network aspect of it because, as D/\SH's thread suggests, they'll be getting their own Apple-phone before long.

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/f463/iphone-no-way-verizon-where-193468/

Anyone know how Verizon's 3G network compares to Sprint's? Bah... topic for another thread.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:34 PM

Re: Re VIDEO Verizon categorizes iPhone as misfit toy in new advertisement

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

Awesome. I love that movie & watch it every year several times (I have it on a high tech VHS cassette.) I'm surprised they didn't go after the device itself... makes me wonder they're only targeting the network aspect of it because, as D/\SH's thread suggests, they'll be getting their own Apple-phone before long.

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/f463/iphone-no-way-verizon-where-193468/
Anyone know how Verizon's 3G network compares to Sprint's? Bah... topic for another thread.
i have verizon and since i get better service and reception with verizon i get way better and faster data speeds than i did with sprint just months ago.... i love verizon myself and if you are thinking of making the change hit me up andill get you my name for referall so you save some money
Old 11-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Addict

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for the invite... I'll keep it in mind, but I'm not jumping ship from Sprint just yet. So long as my Touch Pro is working, I'll stay there. I'm out of contract, afterall. But, when I decide to replace it, we'll be replacing my wife's 1st Generation Katana as well (an amazing little phone for what it is, actually.) So, when I do replace them, we'll be weighing the deals we can get from everyone.

I'd personally like to wait til the Dragon phones hit the market or until Nokia brings over a few Maemo devices. I prefer to NOT change phones frequently.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:02 PM

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

Thanks for the invite... I'll keep it in mind, but I'm not jumping ship from Sprint just yet. So long as my Touch Pro is working, I'll stay there. I'm out of contract, afterall. But, when I decide to replace it, we'll be replacing my wife's 1st Generation Katana as well (an amazing little phone for what it is, actually.) So, when I do replace them, we'll be weighing the deals we can get from everyone.

I'd personally like to wait til the Dragon phones hit the market or until Nokia brings over a few Maemo devices. I prefer to NOT change phones frequently.
really? i love changing phones since they can get old really fast to me.. but no worries and thats the best way to go with the shopping around and remember when you go to the places ask about employee discounts through your job and they will look up to see if you are eligible and for how much
Old 11-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Addict

Honestly, if I didn't rely so heavily on my phone and have so much work-related stuff on it, I'd be switching phones as often as I could. A guy I go to church with let me play with his Touch Pro 2, and it was enough to drive me nuts... what a sexy phone! Love the keyboard! I digress... When I switch phones, it generally takes me a good week to get all my software installed & the kinks worked out... even longer to get it "optimized" so I can use it without wasting time.

So, yeah... I kinda' dread switching phones. Specifically when my Touch Pro can do 99% of what any new phone can do. Sure, the TP2 is awesome, but the only real upgrades, imo, are the big screen (nice but not necessary,) better speakerphone, and better keyboard. Is there really anything the TP2 can do that the TP1 cannot? Don't get me wrong... I'm seriously lusting the Droid & TP2, but don't think - for me - the effort in switching is worth the limited benefits in the functionality of the device.

Now, when we start talking about the Dragons or the 1Gig processor enabled Nokias coming to market, I don't think I'll be able to hold back.

As far as the discounts go, I get a 25% discount on my monthly via UPS and varying discount on hardware with Sprint. Verizon and ATT both have discounts, too, but I don't remember what they are. The cool thing about Sprint is that their employees are so stupid, I usually get a much more significant discount on hardware than I should because they're too idiotic to know what they're doing.

I got my 1st smartphone, an Apache, for $50 because the Sprint rep couldn't figure out how to apply the UPS discount. Out of frustration, he almost gave me the phone to get me out of the store. I should've written that idiot's name down so I could see him for all my hardware purchases!
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
advertisement, categorizes, iphone, misfit, toy, verizon, video