Android Hot on Windows Mobile's Heels, Per Analyst

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-16-2009, 05:00 PM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rss Feed Android Hot on Windows Mobile's Heels, Per Analyst

The upstart Android OS, in its first year, is gaining on the decade-old Windows Mobile (CE) platform.

Read More From Source
The Following User Says Thank You to phillynewsnow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Android Hot on Windows Mobile's Heels, Per Analyst

we all knew it was going to happen and quite frankly im surprised that it took this long to tell the truth... android is taking over the mobile platform and sell all different type and styles of phones running there operating system... wm will not go under or anything because of this but it will force them to work harder and be on time with releases and updates so they too can stay competitive... after all those years of sitting on there butts while they easily passed palm they lost lots of ground and time and iphone exploited that as well as android now.... android is the next big thing operating system wise and they can do so much with it... they can use different firmware versions for the beginner user as well as the advanced so their devices fit people of all different walks like no one has done before (palms working on that with a stripped down version of webos for the pixi) but pretty much wm isnt going anywhere and this can only result in good for them in my opinion over the long run... never good to be on top with no competition sicne you than have no iniative to make your product better and run more efficiently.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

The article refers to Blackberry being a "new guy" in the smartphone market. Really?

I'm really excited by Android... It seems to take the best of what I love about Windows Mobile & only improves upon it. Who knows... by the time I'm ready to drop my Touch Pro, I might be buying an Android. I'll name it R2.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

The article refers to Blackberry being a "new guy" in the smartphone market. Really?

I'm really excited by Android... It seems to take the best of what I love about Windows Mobile & only improves upon it. Who knows... by the time I'm ready to drop my Touch Pro, I might be buying an Android. I'll name it R2.
i would say that he is correct in that saying about blackberries..... if you look at the picture as a whole, the blackberry first came out and until just over a year back it was aimed and almost only used by the business user that relies on emails to be there asap so your day can move on. now with the release of a blackberry by htc and of course the first touch screen BB device they are aiming toward the younger of the users now too trying to get them in the game away from the iphone, android, and windows mobile..... its something i feel that RIM wont be able to pull off but in technology all it takes is one big break and wouldnt be surprised to see that come from either android or to tell the truth RIM and blackberry.
Post New ThreadReply