Old 07-27-2009, 01:19 AM
tkoh tkoh is offline   Thread Starter  
smoke buddah
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View tkoh's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tkoh's Photo Album Add tkoh's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
unlocked htc touch pro on sprint

hi, my friend from kuwait is helping me out by getting me a nice deal on a htc touch pro worldphone(cdma compatible)..now i have a sprint contract at the moment, which i would like to keep...he has assured me that if i buy this phone i will be able to activate it on sprint.................the problem i see is when sprint asks me for the esn..will i be able to get this unlocked non-sprint phone to work? any chances?
The Following User Says Thank You to tkoh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2009, 02:31 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: unlocked htc touch pro on sprint

“ Originally Posted by tkoh View Post

hi, my friend from kuwait is helping me out by getting me a nice deal on a htc touch pro worldphone(cdma compatible)..now i have a sprint contract at the moment, which i would like to keep...he has assured me that if i buy this phone i will be able to activate it on sprint.................the problem i see is when sprint asks me for the esn..will i be able to get this unlocked non-sprint phone to work? any chances?
mmmm not sure can you give me the exact stats on the device? is it quad band world or what?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2009, 11:27 AM
smoke buddah

View tkoh's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tkoh's Photo Album Add tkoh's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

to be honest i have not recieved the phone yet, so i couldn't give you all the specs...the real question at hand is, has Sprint allowed phones with foreign esns (not a sprint phone) on their network as of this point in time? (dont flame as i have searched the internet tons, and some people seem to say that it is possible)

if i get a phone shipped from kuwait and realize i can't use it on the sprint network....
Old 07-27-2009, 11:36 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

to be honest i have not recieved the phone yet, so i couldn't give you all the specs...the real question at hand is, has Sprint allowed phones with foreign esns (not a sprint phone) on their network as of this point in time? (dont flame as i have searched the internet tons, and some people seem to say that it is possible)

if i get a phone shipped from kuwait and realize i can't use it on the sprint network....
usually spritn is pretty tight on letting cerrtain numbers be added to their system and ytou have to have the right person or know someone that will do it for you.... as long as you do it over the phone it shouldnt matter as long as it is def cdma..... and do you have pictures and stats from the site you are about to purchase from.... its a give or take but why not go with the sprit version? sold be cheaper and guarnteed t work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2009, 12:22 PM
smoke buddah

well a friend of mine was able to get an unlocked new one because he owns a phone store in kuwait, at a fraction of the cost of buying one through sprint..were talking a few hundred dollars. idk it seems that some newer posts have had luck getting esn added to sprints personal list, but might be more trouble than i originally thought.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:30 PM

well a friend of mine was able to get an unlocked new one because he owns a phone store in kuwait, at a fraction of the cost of buying one through sprint..were talking a few hundred dollars. idk it seems that some newer posts have had luck getting esn added to sprints personal list, but might be more trouble than i originally thought.
you can get new ones through sprint for 250 max now-a-days and you know it will work with sprint also so you dont have to worry about that..... hell you can get used in new cindition for around 175 shipped
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2009, 01:02 PM
smoke buddah

yea...actually im only 9 months into a 2yr contract atm..so to buy the phone w/o contract would be around 500$ i believe YIKES..anyway..i talked to my buddy, and he is going out of his way now to buy a sprint phone instead..(sprints policy: if it doesnt say sprint on the phone they wont activate it!) EFF SPRINT AND THEIR PROPRIETARY BS! but honestly i could never give up this sero plan mwahahah..unless verizon can one day compete

woot for getting a new sprint touch pro for 180$ w/o contract
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tkoh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro wm6.5
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View metallized's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View metallized's Photo Album Add metallized's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

man i work for sprint... as far as i know there is no way u can get any other thats not made for sprint and activate on sprint..... its not people at sprint its the system.. thats how its design... if its not on sprints system then the system will tell us that the device was not found on their database and can not be activated..... now if there is a separate way to do it that im not aware of i don know man... so i would make sure with sprint before spending money on that touch pro.....
The Following User Says Thank You to metallized For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2009, 06:12 PM

yea...actually im only 9 months into a 2yr contract atm..so to buy the phone w/o contract would be around 500$ i believe YIKES..anyway..i talked to my buddy, and he is going out of his way now to buy a sprint phone instead..(sprints policy: if it doesnt say sprint on the phone they wont activate it!) EFF SPRINT AND THEIR PROPRIETARY BS! but honestly i could never give up this sero plan mwahahah..unless verizon can one day compete

woot for getting a new sprint touch pro for 180$ w/o contract

“ Originally Posted by metallized View Post

man i work for sprint... as far as i know there is no way u can get any other thats not made for sprint and activate on sprint..... its not people at sprint its the system.. thats how its design... if its not on sprints system then the system will tell us that the device was not found on their database and can not be activated..... now if there is a separate way to do it that im not aware of i don know man... so i would make sure with sprint before spending money on that touch pro.....

youcanget new ones in person on cragslist all sat long for 250 bucks and such... and if you wait 3 more months when the touch pro 2 is out you will get an upgrade credit from sprint and just resign another 2 year contract for 2 year price plus an additional 150 off from the upgrade credit
and also thats why you do it over the phone since than they wont be able to see the branding and you tell them that it is a sprint device... only certain people can do it though so you would want a high tier tech support.

metal, they can add ones from foreign cdma carriers information is above
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2009, 06:29 PM

View metallized's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View metallized's Photo Album Add metallized's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

[quote only certain people can do it though so you would want a high tier tech support.

metal, they can add ones from foreign cdma carriers information is above [/quote]

yup but as u said man, only a high tier tech support..... trust me man it could be a big hassel.... i have had times when people have given up....
and as for activating these fones, i have a fren who has iphone on sprint !!!!!! a gsm fone on cdma network.... i was like WTF....... lmfao.....
The Following User Says Thank You to metallized For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH

and if you wait 3 more months when the touch pro 2 is out you will get an upgrade credit from sprint and just resign another 2 year contract for 2 year price plus an additional 150 off from the upgrade credit
i'm patiently waiting for this. i'm ready to slap the taste out of someones mouth for a TP2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsyChoTk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

[ i have a fren who has iphone on sprint !!!!!! a gsm fone on cdma network.... i was like WTF....... lmfao.....
ya its on youtube. anyone can do it..pretty simple. just youtube it...lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2009, 06:37 PM

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

i'm patiently waiting for this. i'm ready to slap the taste out of someones mouth for a TP2.
hey dash, remember u had that lottery kinda thing where u gave some one a new tp when it first came out...... i collected like 20 bucks from guys and one got lucky... how did that go ??? may be u should do something like that this time too for tp2.. i will take part for sure this time.....

--------- New Post Merged on 27/7/2009 at 0715 --------

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

for real !!!!!!! man i always thought it was the toughest job in the whole world...... wanna kill myself now man.......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to metallized For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2009, 08:29 PM

hey dash, remember u had that lottery kinda thing where u gave some one a new tp when it first came out...... i collected like 20 bucks from guys and one got lucky... how did that go ??? may be u should do something like that this time too for tp2.. i will take part for sure this time.....

--------- New Post Merged on 27/7/2009 at 0715 --------

for real !!!!!!! man i always thought it was the toughest job in the whole world...... wanna kill myself now man.......

there is a raffle for the touch pro 2 when released and has 9 tickets left to be sold. and you friends with jeffie2walgreens?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2009, 10:58 AM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

there is a raffle for the touch pro 2 when released and has 9 tickets left to be sold. and you friends with jeffie2walgreens?
no im not..... do i have to be ur premium member to be frens with u guys ????
Old 07-29-2009, 11:48 AM

no im not..... do i have to be ur premium member to be frens with u guys ????
to be what with us? friends? and if so no anyone can make a friend request and you jst have to be accepted...
Old 07-29-2009, 12:51 PM

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

i don have iphone tho but wanna try this for my fren... can anyone guide me where to find the instructions...... coz i looked on youtube and it wants u to subscribe things or pay for it... which no one is sure of..... is there a link or website that u know of...... for the unlocking instructions.....
Old 07-29-2009, 06:11 PM

i don have iphone tho but wanna try this for my fren... can anyone guide me where to find the instructions...... coz i looked on youtube and it wants u to subscribe things or pay for it... which no one is sure of..... is there a link or website that u know of...... for the unlocking instructions.....
just look around google.... trying to find one with great results myself since i cant ifnd the old one i had bookmarked before a new os on the lappy........ if you find something post her up and ill try to do the same and we will see what kaos says when he sees this.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
htc, pro, sprint, touch, unlocked