Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-22-2008, 08:48 AM
customsys customsys is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View customsys's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View customsys's Photo Album Add customsys's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
TouchPro word completion

I have had my TouchPro for 3 weeks now. I switched to Sprint from T-mobile where my phone was a model simular to the Mogul. Anyway my problem is that the word completion feature under Setting>Personal>Input dos not work at all the way my other phone did. I called HTC and talked to tech support for 1 hour. They said that I have to use the on screen keyboard to turn on T9 to make it work then I can use the slider keynoard. Which sort of works except that it cant spell- some word I spell in their T9 mode are not a choice. T9 and word completion ARE NOT THE SAME THING T9 is for word entry using a phone number pad- word competion should just work- I have full keyboard built it. My old Tmobile worked so much better. So I end up having to type in everyhing cause T9 cany spell. HELP!!! You would think a phone this new would be able to do something the older phone could or even better.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:02 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: TouchPro word completion

“ Originally Posted by customsys View Post

I have had my TouchPro for 3 weeks now. I switched to Sprint from T-mobile where my phone was a model simular to the Mogul. Anyway my problem is that the word completion feature under Setting>Personal>Input dos not work at all the way my other phone did. I called HTC and talked to tech support for 1 hour. They said that I have to use the on screen keyboard to turn on T9 to make it work then I can use the slider keynoard. Which sort of works except that it cant spell- some word I spell in their T9 mode are not a choice. T9 and word completion ARE NOT THE SAME THING T9 is for word entry using a phone number pad- word competion should just work- I have full keyboard built it. My old Tmobile worked so much better. So I end up having to type in everyhing cause T9 cany spell. HELP!!! You would think a phone this new would be able to do something the older phone could or even better.
Use "My Words" to add any missing words that you may want, you can also delete any misspelled words from there, because more than likely you misspelled them once and when you pressed the space bar it saved it as as custom word.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2008, 07:00 PM

View customsys's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View customsys's Photo Album Add customsys's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Where is 'My Words' located?
Old 12-22-2008, 07:15 PM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Where is 'My Words' located?
If its not in your program files on your phone try going to file explorer and going to My Device > Windows > My Words

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Mobile Model: htc fuze
Mobile Carrier: AT & T

View TVDinner's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TVDinner's Photo Album Add TVDinner's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I have been asking the SAME question on many different sites (including here). There is no way (at least that I can find) to do a traditional AUTO WORD CORRECTION.

For example when I am typing using the actual keyboard and I type I went to the store and then i went home - , I want the "i" to automatically change to the correct capital I - BUT it will not do that.

Other examples are setting the Auto Word Correction to make days of the week (Monday, Tuesday, etc) all automatically capitalize when types. Same for the Months.

There IS NOT a traditional "Word Correction" tool on the Fuze or Touch Pro.

If ANYONE knows how to do this I would greatly appreciate the info.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TVDinner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View BladeDog29's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BladeDog29's Photo Album Add BladeDog29's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ya know what bro I love having the word completion on my mogul because with my job I have to drive alot and sometimes I have to text or use google map and I found it really helpful that the mogul remember most of the stuff I type and it really helped but my touch pro doesn't do that at all, I'm not a big fan of the T9 system..
The Following User Says Thank You to BladeDog29 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2008, 10:01 PM

OK- I feel better sort of. So the Touch Pro does not do what the older WinMob phones did so well. Can anybody out there fix it. To it seems crazy to even the word completion tab on the phone it is not what it does- it keyboarding T9. Sad that HTC or Windows messed this great time saver up.
The Following User Says Thank You to customsys For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2008, 10:03 PM
The VenumX Factor

OK- I feel better sort of. So the Touch Pro does not do what the older WinMob phones did so well. Can anybody out there fix it. To it seems crazy to even the word completion tab on the phone it is not what it does- it keyboarding T9. Sad that HTC or Windows messed this great time saver up.
technically its word completion its just not a grammar/capitalization checker.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View tmulert's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tmulert's Photo Album Add tmulert's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I have the same problem/question. Moving from HTC Mogul to the TouchPro has been very frustration losing this functionality. The Sprint guys tried but couldn't figure this out. Sprint gave me this # 800-229-1235 for support. This is for Personal Communication Devices, formerly UTStarcom. They assigned a reference # to the problem 090106-000011,
I am not expecting much but with more people calling the more attention it may get. There is also a problem when entering email addresses where it doesn't pick up all the names, that reference # is 090106-000021.
Please call and get your name on the list and let's get these issues fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to tmulert For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 12:42 AM

View slumdog1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View slumdog1's Photo Album Add slumdog1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i would like to remove this feature how can i do that
i get very irritated when i am typing and my words keep changing to something else
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slumdog1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 01:57 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by slumdog1 View Post

i get very irritated when i am typing and my words keep changing to something else
on the compact qwerty keyboard you will see a switch and on the left will say ABC and the right will say t9.... make sure you are under the ABC
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 02:00 AM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah go to Start/Setting/Input/word completion. uncheck it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2009, 03:51 PM

View slumdog1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View slumdog1's Photo Album Add slumdog1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

on the compact qwerty keyboard you will see a switch and on the left will say ABC and the right will say t9.... make sure you are under the ABC

that helped a lot thanks bro
The Following User Says Thank You to slumdog1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

glad that worked for you :> now you can at least type using he on screen keyboard :>
Old 01-28-2009, 06:13 PM

View montez25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View montez25's Photo Album Add montez25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

WOW! i just recently switched to the Touch Pro from the mogul also and noticed that i was experiencing the samething. i figured it was no biggie but after a while it started annoying me. i miss my word suggestions, completion. so here's what i got to say. i know sprint can't do anything because they ain't as smart as my god-fathers here at SPJ.com. so what i'm begging from the GODS here on SPJ is fix this please! if anyone can do it, it's you guys. thanx in advance and i'm proud to be part of the family!

P.S.
if you could can you put the fix in a cab. form? i'm still a noob when it comes to rar. files and zip files. i'm still trying to figure out on how to change my theme even after looking at d/\ash's video 100 times. haha! i'm an idiot!

Old 02-02-2009, 10:31 PM

View gmcdowell's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gmcdowell's Photo Album Add gmcdowell's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

What about using the regular keyboard and getting word completion? I went to input settings and changed from T9 to ABC but still didnt get any word suggestions
Old 02-02-2009, 11:49 PM

View montez25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View montez25's Photo Album Add montez25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

check it out. while i was waiting for a response to the fix on the word suggestion, completion, i found an answer. here's the link that not only shows the fix to my problem but tons of other tweaks and mods. i hope i'm posting this right. if not sorry in advance. i just wanted to share the helpful information!

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to montez25 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by montez25 View Post

check it out. while i was waiting for a response to the fix on the word suggestion, completion, i found an answer. here's the link that not only shows the fix to my problem but tons of other tweaks and mods. i hope i'm posting this right. if not sorry in advance. i just wanted to share the helpful information!

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730
the only thing is you need to code the links (i already edited it for you)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
completion, keyboard, touch, touchpro, word